Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Geoff Johns & Jason Fabok are doing the 3 Jokers Story

During the Batman panel at C2E2 Batman group editor Jamie S. Rich said Geoff Johns & Jason Fabok are working on the 3 Jokers Story.

https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-jaso...k-three-jokers

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

About time. That's what people's been asking besides Manhattan.

"He's Mr. Jay, he's Jack, and me? I'm the Clown Prince of Crime!"

BANNED

FINALLY it's about time and I'm sort of surprised that it's not Tom King that's doing this given his Batman Run and references to previous Batman titles.

Fantastic Member

ahhh i am kinda bummed to see Fabok on a possible mini series. he needs to draw an ongoing!

So is the Three Jokers thing, like, completely separated from Rebirth and Doomsday Clock? Because I'm not sure what point this story serves if it isn't.

Does Johns just want to leave some kind of impact on the Batman franchise outside Earth One?

It'll be nice to have Fabok drawing Batman again though .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is the Three Jokers thing, like, completely separated from Rebirth and Doomsday Clock? Because I'm not sure what point this story serves if it isn't.

Does Johns just want to leave some kind of impact on the Batman franchise outside Earth One?

It'll be nice to have Fabok drawing Batman again though .
    Well, it was teased in the rebirth special so I'm sure it's set in the rebirth timeline. It's being edited by a Batman group editor though, so I'm doubtful about it having a big impact on the DCU as a whole.

And I'm definitely excited to see Fabok doing a mini series again. Kinda crazy he hasn't doing a actual project that wasn't a one shot or cover since darkseid war.

Talking about that... I remember one image with NAPIER surname in one costume..

Screen Shot 219.jpg

A POLICE COSTUME.
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-08-2018 at 02:00 AM.

I’m kinda of the Opinion that Jack Napier is the 2nd of the Three Jokers, the Pre Flashpoint One.

The Way I like to see it:
    Original 40’s Joker- Unknown
    Post Crisis- Jack Napier
    New 52- Jerome Valeska

Anyway TOTALLY HYPED FOR THIS SINCE JOHNS HAS DONE WELL WITH BATMAN IN DOOMSDAY CLOCK SO FAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I’m kinda of the Opinion that Jack Napier is the 2nd of the Three Jokers, the Pre Flashpoint One.

Post Crisis- Jack Napier
    New 52- Jerome Valeska

Anyway TOTALLY HYPED FOR THIS SINCE JOHNS HAS DONE WELL WITH BATMAN IN DOOMSDAY CLOCK SO FAR!
    Jerome Valeska?? I prefer Jack Napier.. That name appeared in ENDGAME, no?
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-08-2018 at 03:02 AM.

I have basically no interest in this story. I really don't care about there being 3 Jokers or who they are. It's a Joker story so it will sell, but I feel like it is a waste of Fabok's art. I feel like Johns came up with all these ideas at the end of Darkseid War and most have been a mess. Grail's whole character, baby Darkseid, Wonder Woman's brother, and most of the watchmen stuff in Doomsday Clock. I don't see this Joker story being any different. Hopefully it doesn't mess with what Snyder or King are doing with their directions.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Talking about that... I remember one image with NAPIER surname in one costume..

Screen Shot 219.jpg

A POLICE COSTUME.
    I think that picture is taken from Batman: White Knight, which shouldn't have anything to do with Johns' story. I think I'm in agreement with those who were hoping that this whole story would just quietly go away, but I'm not going to judge it until I read it. Then again, I have no idea how it will be credibly worked in to what other writers are doing with the character.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Jerome Valeska?? I prefer Jack Napier.. That name appeared in ENDGAME, no?
    I dont think it did, because they had so many conflicting Joker Stories from the Inmates in Endgame its hard to keep track.

Plus I find it unlikely that all 3 Jokers just HAPPEN to be Jack Napier, so Jerome would be a good Name for New 52, Both are more Dark and Twisted than normal Jokers and both had their faces severed
    Last edited by Denirac; 04-08-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post

Post Crisis- Jack Napier
    New 52- Jerome Valeska

Batman has had very little page time. You already think Johns is killing it?

BANNED

Shouldn't Johns be focused on finishing Doomsday Clock? Before, say, 2020?
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-08-2018 at 06:10 AM.