Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The writers should limit what the lasso can do it's grown so powerful that it's completely insane at this point. It should be used to make the opponent tell the truth not a powerful deus ex machina tool.
    Given the many times that opponents have escaped the bindings of the lasso, it is obvious it is not as powerful as you think. At least, that is what many writers would have us believe.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Given the many times that opponents have escaped the bindings of the lasso, it is obvious it is not as powerful as you think. At least, that is what many writers would have us believe.
    Say what you will but the lasso on it's own can be used in a myriad of ways to the point of being god-like and at times it's hardly the Lasso of Truth anymore. When Cheetah tried to steal it in Post-Crisis it forced her to tell the truth and then there's Scott Snyder's use of it in Dark Nights Metal. And that one little wrinkle makes it weaker than it appears to be? I'm just happy Ethan Avery was simply able to slip out of it instead of just breaking free from it.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-25-2018 at 05:34 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Say what you will but the lasso on it's own can be used in a myriad of ways to the point of being god-like and at times it's hardly the Lasso of Truth anymore. When Cheetah tried to steal it in Post-Crisis it forced her to tell the truth and then there's Scott Snyder's use of it in Dark Nights Metal. And that one little wrinkle makes it weaker than it appears to be? I'm just happy Ethan Avery was simply able to slip out of it instead of just breaking free from it.
    That is the thing. Ethan/Damage should never have been allowed to slip out of it. Score another point against the lasso.

I guess she will need something like.....a sword and shield instead. That's the ticket./

The thing is Dc can’t keep allowing the lasso to be weak it’s suppsoe to not let anyone slip out so it’s still showing Diana and everything about her is a joke. We have Grail Abel to break hold of the lasso. No one should be able to do that . No one is suppose to escape or slip out of the lasso once they are bonded to it. That is just careless
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-25-2018 at 07:42 AM.

That is the thing. Ethan/Damage should never have been allowed to slip out of it. Score another point against the lasso.

I guess she will need something like.....a sword and shield instead. That's the ticket./
    It's the same point because you said other people other than than Avery have simply slipped out of the lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The thing is Dc can’t keep allowing the lasso to be weak it’s suppsoe to not let anyone slip out so it’s still showing Diana and everything about her is a joke. We have Grail Abel to break hold of the lasso. No one should be able to do that . No one is suppose to escape or slip out of the lasso once they are bonded to it. That is just careless
    It's kind of insane really because it only makes it harder to try and challenge Wonder Woman or for her to even have weaknesses to make the story engaging. Seriously what does anyone want these days?

Let’s see in the Marston’s era the lasso had mind control. The lasso’s other powers are gone since we don’t see them. Her being able to make fire is gone. So the lasso should be able to do a few other things but what should it’s able powers be? I’m not saying a lot just one or two extra powers

How is it that being able not to break of the lasso is a makes it harder. The lasso works for both Diana and anyone who also welds the lasso. How is it her weakness? Sorry but many superhero comics have a get out of the plot free card. But Diana has never known the full truth unless she is able to get nothing information. Also you have to realize no media even the movie shows anyone getting out of the lasso.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-25-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Why should her lasso be her weakness the lasso shouldn’t be her weakness. It’s suppose to help her or her enemies . Diana getting bond by her own lasso she shouldn’t be able to just freed herself one two three

The lasso can be corrupted. That would make for a cool story.
    Not a weakness I mean doesn't anyone want Wonder Woman to have some weaknesses to make things challenging?

Not a weakness I mean doesn't anyone want Wonder Woman to have some weaknesses to make things challenging?
    Why the lasso itself I mean if she was bold by it yea. But why does it just have to be the lasso? Now if she didn’t believe what she was hearing that would be a problem. Diana weakness have never really been written that’s more of the writers fault. I mean the bullet thing is silly . Her emotions are okay to use has a weakness. Anyone who is on god level can harm her. Now if someone could corrupt the lasso that would make it interesting. It’s a bit hard to figure out the weakness. The lasso if it’s bond to her works and if someone could corrupted it that also works

I would say her bracelets should be a weakness taken them off for too long a point makes her stronger but goes insane this is I generally not just with rebirth

Why the lasso itself I mean if she was bold by it yea. But why does it just have to be the lasso? Now if she didn’t believe what she was hearing that would be a problem. Diana weakness have never really been written that’s more of the writers fault. I mean the bullet thing is silly . Her emotions are okay to use has a weakness. Anyone who is on god level can harm her. Now if someone could corrupt the lasso that would make it interesting. It’s a bit hard to figure out the weakness. The lasso if it’s bond to her works and if someone could corrupted it that also works

I would say her bracelets should be a weakness taken them off for too long a point makes her stronger but goes insane this is I generally not just with rebirth
    It's not the lasso itself I mean doesn't anyone want her to have any weaknesses in general?

It's not the lasso itself I mean doesn't anyone want her to have any weaknesses in general?
    Yes I want her to her weakness but what should it be. I mean if you want to go with the bullet thing it makes no sense. But what about taking off her bracelets?

Yes I want her to her weakness but what should it be. I mean if you want to go with the bullet thing it makes no sense. But what about taking off her bracelets?
    You need more than one weakness to make things engaging. Back then DC tried to remove Kryptonite because they were over relying on it as a plot device but fan outrage caused DC to bring it back and now Superman has four weaknesses magic, lead, Kryptonite, and red sun radiation. And out of the four lead and magic are the least likely to take seriously but DC still keeps it and to my knowledge not many complain about it. Diana's weaknesses often feel next to non-existent some times and when there are weaknesses people get mad seriously what do people want? Batman may have bullet proof armor but does it stop the fact he is far more vulnerable than any superhuman? No. And does being super fast and able to heal make any of the Flashes invulnerable? No. Seriously what do people want these days?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-25-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Checking the sequence, I think there are several reasonable reasons why Ethan was able to get away from the lasso, the simplest being that Diana lost the special state of mind needed to control it and/or Damage. First the shock when she discovered that he was a man, second when the building collapsed on top of them. Then we have the entire transformation from Damage to Ethan, as another possible reason.

Apparently she can die by a stray bullet richoceting off a superhero. That seems like a weakness to me. Even Batman is bulletproof these days.

She has rogues that can get one-shotted by normal strength humans. Example is that great villain of hers, Cheetah by virtue of the Batgod himself. Methinks Catwoman also beat her up. No respect for her rogues, another weakness.

No consistency in her powerset. She can fly for the past 30+ years, but can't in her movie debut? Sounds like a weakness to me.

No consistency in her origin.

And the worst weakness that she has, no consistent editors willing to go to bat for Wondy when she does get depicted in a truly awful or un-Diana like way, even in her own book.

So no, just by us, the fans, asking for her lasso to actually do what it is supposed to do when bound by it really isn't asking too much given all the weaknesses she has.