Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default *insert mutant here* VS Superman thread

I just read the Xmen VS JLA thread and it made me want to login and start posting again because i got thinking, in JLA VS X-men scenario who would have the power required to take on superman and put up a convincing fight with out depowering the man of steel? What mutant has the power to even match him. Does any?
    Im not sure any of them do, supes is ridiculously overpowered, Perhaps Majik might be the only one (i can think of) in with a chance due to Supes weakness to magic. Can Supes move faster than Franklin can warp reality? Could Rouge depower supes? Could beak convince three Hyperions to kick Supes ass?
    What do you guys think?
    Its good to be posting on here again.

Spectacular Member

reality warpers and omega telekinetics(=reality warpers, since omega tk has been shown to alter reality more than once) are more overpowered because they can permanently alter reality so that they can become supermen. example: nate grey, when fully powered, could withstand hits that could obliterate planets because the TK that was holding his body together was just too strong(i'd wager stronger than supes' superstrength).

another example:
    1. rachel and, at some point, cable have been shown to possess "molecular telekinesis" to *specificaly alter properties at will*, like colour, shape, fabric of clothes, count atoms and other particles, etc. that has happened and hence is canon, period.
    2. dna is the basis of a mutant's superpowers.
    3. dna is a molecule and hence can be changed by molecular tk.
    -therefore, by combining facts 1, 2 and 3, molecular TK can change DNA so that a person can have ANY superpowers he wishes. the only reason this doesnt happen is plot-induced stupidity (otherwise they'd be completely OP and writers wouldnt write them).

for example, rachel should permanently alter her DNA to have class 10000000 strength + teleport any distance with any passengers + energy absorption + (insert any other cool powers you wish). its a molecule, its established she can alter molecules with great precision, so she should do it. just like a tabletop RPG wizard finds combos from various books' rules flaws/typos to have infinite hp and infinite stats. abuse the system. marvel let her do molecular tk, lets go overboard. power is there to be abused.

same thing with franklin and scarlet with. she should wake up one day and say, in lieu of absolutely NOTHING (she can do it, so why not?) "alter reality: in this new reality, i'll have the power to obliterate galaxies in a picosecond, decide what powers each person has, have a radar sense with a range of solar systems, be completely immune to telepathy,...(keeps adding powers)".

its just that the writers, they are not RPG powergamers to think of OP power combos, they just see "whatever feels stronger at the time/more fitting to the plot".
    Last edited by Kikaze; 07-19-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Anyone without Reality or Darwin-esque power VS Superman = Superman wins. He is Semi-OP in hero form. Notable exceptions would be matter controllers, magic users that can outspeed him, and time manipulators. What if? Siege showed that the Sentry would have destroyed the world. Therefore, Superman can too.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Incredible Member

Magic users , Psychics , cosmic hosts , reality warpers, time manipulators and probably Lifeguard type mutants can beat Superman within reason (but will most likely be speed blitzed though)

Rogue could possibly do it if she absorbs everyone's powers at once like in Uncanny Avengers, heck maybe she could even borrow some of superman's powers.

Husk if she had kryptonite skin

Michael Pointer might be able to take him with the unstable energy he has.

I'm sure Cyclops would have some sort of plan, seeing how he's a pretty good strategist.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Magik vs Superman
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Incredible Member

Monet - similar powerset as well as psychic abilities.
    Rogue - could continually copy his abilities and have insight into how he would attack as a result.
    Legion - So many scenarios with the powered persona's (psychic lobotomizing, dropping supes at the end of time)
    Apocalypse - Possesses Supes, then murders the host body. Basically a costumed version of the movie Fallen.
    Magneto - Does a version of his prison escape trick in X2. Balls up the iron in clarks blood and basically plays
    pinball. Not much hope when every major organ is shredded.
    Elixir - gives him any/ every illness. Something will take.
    Domino - luck powers (this one bullet happened to have a Kryptonite tip and was accidentally shipped to her)

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Monet, Rogue, Elixir, and Domino would get splattered. Magneto would have to try something else because Supes' insides are just as strong and durable as his outsides. Magik's never dealt with anything like Supes outside of when Pitor was possessed and even he wasn't as versatile as Superman is. Psychics in the Xavier/Jean/Emma tier may have a shot if they aren't standing in front of him and are given time to work. Honestly, if you can't throw down with Thor-level guys and survive, you aren't doing anything to Superman.

Gladiator of the Imperial Guard is an analog to Superboy in the Legion of Superheroes. He's the baseline. They'd have to be able to at least take him on to stand even a chance against Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Monet, Rogue, Elixir, and Domino would get splattered.

Honestly, if you can't throw down with Thor-level guys and survive, you aren't doing anything to Superman.
    It's worth noting that Rogue did throw down with Thor and beat him. In her very first published appearance, no less.
    Last edited by Newcloak; 07-19-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

That was purely plot-based. He was just subduing her when she sapped him. In an actual one-on-one fight with a properly-written Thor(like in his own book instead of in Avengers), he'd squash her like an ant.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I have never seen a reasonable argument of how Iceman doesn't rip Superman apart. Kryptonians drink water too.
    Cyclops was right

I disagree with the Magneto strategy. How do you know Kryptonians have iron in their blood?

In an alternate reality Mags tried that trick on Hyperion.... he died just as Hyperion informed him he wasn't a human with iron in his blood
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Is he completely immune to telepathic powers? If he is not, then any telepath can beat him in a blink of an eye.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I don't think he has much immunity to psiconics nor magic
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Any Omega can beat Supes, doesn't mean they will just that they could, same with a strong enough telepath or anyone hopped up on Phoenix.

Rogue could just steal his power then beat him with it.
    Tempus could Freeze him in time or teleport him forward and thus out of the fight.
    Magik could simply teleport him to another dimension (for added amusement one without access to yellow sunlight and let his batteries run out).
    Pixie could do the same plus the Hallucinations from her own power could be quite amusing.