Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaze View Post
    in the marvel universe, it is STATED on-panel that rachel(for example) can perfectly and with great precision transform her attire with molecular tk, and cable can do brain surgery(curing deadpool of insanity, albeit temporarily). i know its wrong, but "the GM has allowed it" already, so only Plot-Induced stupidity stops them. from transforming their body to physical gods.
    It's in theory possible, but you'd need to have a grasp of genetics that is at least as good as, I don't know, but godlike, certainly a good deal better than ay mortal geneticist to pulll that off.
    Being able to rearrange DNA isn't enough to make you a god, you also need the know-how of exactly in which way to rearrange it. You just start tinkering with it, you're probably more likely to turn yourself into a non-telekinetic baseline human or a chimpansee than into a god.

Ultimate Kitty Pryde- If he can still grow to giant size she will be possibly the most formidably heroes in the Ultimate Marvel Universe and even Superman would have a hard time fighting against someone who is both a giant and can make themselves intangible and super dense. She would be able to phase through his attacks and strike him with blows that were strong enough to break the jaw of Galactus.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

If Superman takes the kid gloves off. No mutant stands a freaking chance. Before anyone can even think of a plan, he will have a fist in your face.

New Son had control of kinetic energy at a molecular level. He could turn an object's potential energy into kinetic energy, making it explosive. He does not need to make physical contact to do so, nor does he have a block to prevent him from using this on a living being. He can cause another being to be unable to move or unable to stop if in motion. He was able to cause or simulate various energies by manipulating the kinetic energy present, such as infrared and microwaves by increasing molecular agitation, or cold by reducing it. Lastly he could transform himself into an energy wave to travel through space and into other dimensions.

http://www.comicvine.com/new-son/4005-14150/

New Sun Gambit beats Superman quite easily. He defeated the Dark Phoenix and basically burned everyone on the planet. When he traveled to other alternate universes besides the 616, he found many of them in ruins because of that world's Gambit having done the same thing. He could basically charge all the molecules in Superman's body up and make them explode with just a thought. Supes also can't speed blitz him because New Sun can stop Supes from moving (he controls kinetic energy afterall) and can turn himself into energy which guards himself from physical attack.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Off the top of my head, Magik and Scarlet Witch are the only mutants who consistently butcher Superman due to his magic weakness.

Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler could potentially telefrag him, bit they'd need to be flawless in execution (and even then it would be a suicide play on Kurt's behalf).

Superman is not resistant to any kind of mental attack, so any telepathy could down him for a good while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    [I]New Son had control of kinetic energy at a molecular level. He could turn an object's potential energy into kinetic energy, making it explosive.
    Honestly, if I ever become EiC at Marvel or DC, I'd have every writer take remedial science classes.
    This gibberish makes my head hurt.

New Son had control of kinetic energy at a molecular level. He could turn an object's potential energy into kinetic energy, making it explosive. He does not need to make physical contact to do so, nor does he have a block to prevent him from using this on a living being. He can cause another being to be unable to move or unable to stop if in motion. He was able to cause or simulate various energies by manipulating the kinetic energy present, such as infrared and microwaves by increasing molecular agitation, or cold by reducing it. Lastly he could transform himself into an energy wave to travel through space and into other dimensions.

http://www.comicvine.com/new-son/4005-14150/

New Sun Gambit beats Superman quite easily. He defeated the Dark Phoenix and basically burned everyone on the planet. When he traveled to other alternate universes besides the 616, he found many of them in ruins because of that world's Gambit having done the same thing. He could basically charge all the molecules in Superman's body up and make them explode with just a thought. Supes also can't speed blitz him because New Sun can stop Supes from moving (he controls kinetic energy afterall) and can turn himself into energy which guards himself from physical attack.

Which also means that Gambit at his full potential could take Sups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Honestly, if I ever become EiC at Marvel or DC, I'd have every writer take remedial science classes.
    As in ''all kinetic energy is technically at the molecular level'' or what?

Because turning potential energy into kinetic energy at the molecular level is definitely possible.
    Last edited by Runarc; 07-20-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Also didn't Deadpool kill EVERY superhero in one of his solo's?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Not sure I understand your point. Kinetic energy exists at the molecular level.

http://www.science-projects.com/EnergyChemical.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    As in ''all kinetic energy is technically at the molecular level'' or what?

Because turning potential energy into kinetic energy at the molecular level is definitely possible.
    Yeah, don't know what his beef is.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Kinetic energy doesn't do what any version of Gambit does with it. Control of kinetic energy can let you heat things up or cool them down. Explosions are exothermic chemical reactions, kinetic energy is just physics.
    Total control of kinetic energy can't turn a playing card into a grenade. It could turn a guy into an ice sculpture, or light him on fire by friction.

Oh I thought you were challenging KE existing at the molecular level bit.

I always rationalized his powers as the explosion being the result of whatever Gambit does during the conversion of PE to KE. In early renditions of his powers he was depicted as adding something to the object he charged.

Personally I always felt a better explanation of his power would be that he was able to convert the mass of an object into energy which depending on the efficiency of such a conversion could create explosions much larger than the object due to e=mc^2 meaning small objects still have a massive amount of energy.

Oh I thought you were challenging KE existing at the molecular level bit.

I always rationalized his powers as the explosion being the result of whatever Gambit does during the conversion of PE to KE. In early renditions of his powers he was depicted as adding something to the object he charged.

Personally I always felt a better explanation of his power would be that he was able to convert the mass of an object into energy which depending on the efficiency of such a conversion could create explosions much larger than the object due to e=mc^2 meaning small objects still have a massive amount of energy.

There's also the playing card bomb thing. Nitrocellulose, the coating on old playing cards, it's explossive.

As far as super powers go, the creation of nuclear fission or causing an object to go supernova might be a more scientifically viable option.

Then again, this IS fiction. In case you forgot.
    Last edited by Synthetic Innocence; 07-20-2014 at 03:19 PM.

This is fiction? Really? Merely responding to the train of thought Carrabas started. Not a big deal to me either way.

BANNED

Sure, it's fiction.

I have no problem with a guys that turns playing cards into grenades or regrowing themselves from a single drop of blood or whatever.
    Just don't give it a scientific explanation that doesn't make any sense. If you want to write science fiction instead of pure fantasy, do either do your research and look up what the terms you're using actually mean, or make up non-existing technobabble Star Trek style.