Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    One of the Maydays anyway, keep in mind the one affected by Spider-Verse wasn't "our" Mayday, though it's unlikely we'll ever see the original again because it would confuse fans of Spider-Verse. Best to leave her with her happy ending intact.
    I thought they confirmed that the Mayday from Spider-Verse and Web-Warriors was the same from Spider-Girl? At least all the wikis and websites refer to them as the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I thought they confirmed that the Mayday from Spider-Verse and Web-Warriors was the same from Spider-Girl? At least all the wikis and websites refer to them as the same.
    I know Ron Frenz was vocal on his opinion about Mayday's handling in Spider-Verse, and in his and Tom DeFalco's Spider-Verse Team-Up story they seemed to throw in some elements that led to the possibility that the Mayday in that story might not have been the actual MC2 Mayday.

Then they followed up that Mayday into the Secret Wars backups but that was on Battleworld, where practically every character was an AU of an AU .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Ron Frenz was vocal on his opinion about Mayday's handling in Spider-Verse, and in his and Tom DeFalco's Spider-Verse Team-Up story they seemed to throw in some elements that led to the possibility that the Mayday in that story might not have been the actual MC2 Mayday.

Then they followed up that Mayday into the Secret Wars backups but that was on Battleworld, where practically every character was an AU of an AU .
    my read is that, if pressed, the official marvel line on this is that the "original" mayday was in spider-verse but they're also happy to have published enough ambiguity and clues to allow readers to think what they like.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    my read is that, if pressed, the official marvel line on this is that the "original" mayday was in spider-verse but they're also happy to have published enough ambiguity and clues to allow readers to think what they like.
    That sounds pretty much like everything I've heard on the subject.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Evidence that there are realities similar to the MC2 universe can be traced back to when the UK magazines were publishing original Spider-Man stories, they revealed that in the future timelines of their main canon that Mayday functions as Spider-Girl there with her family intact, and she teamed with Peter in the past due to time travel also.

So yeah, Marvel can say one thing, but it doesn't mean anything in light of this. Readers can accept what they want.

Evidence that there are realities similar to the MC2 universe can be traced back to when the UK magazines were publishing original Spider-Man stories, they revealed that in the future timelines of their main canon that Mayday functions as Spider-Girl there with her family intact, and she teamed with Peter in the past due to time travel also.

So yeah, Marvel can say one thing, but it doesn't mean anything in light of this. Readers can accept what they want.
    So, denial, lol.

I wouldn't say they're "happy" about the ambiguity because I'm not sure if Marvel top brass were aware of the teases DeFalco and Frenz threw in there, but I guess it did have to get past editorial...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So, denial, lol.
    Denial with official blesssing.

I wouldn't say they're "happy" about the ambiguity because I'm not sure if Marvel top brass were aware of the teases DeFalco and Frenz threw in there, but I guess it did have to get past editorial...
    i don't see how it's any skin off their nose. some people present it as move of supreme subterfuge and subversion on defalco's part...but idk.

defalco and frenz's hints were subtle enough to allow readers to think anything they want and didn't interfere with slott's overall story. defalco wasn't exactly silent about what he was doing; chances are someone at marvel knew, could have blocked it, and either approved it or...just didn't care
    troo fan or death

Denial with official blesssing.
    with the amount/turnover of writers, editors, retcons and just sheer weight of continuity in the marvel universe, multiple interpretations are the norm rather than the exception.
    troo fan or death

At the moment, official Marvel doesn't have any reason to care either way.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At the moment, official Marvel doesn't have any reason to care either way.
    yeah...when i used the word "happy", i didn't mean marvel editorial were in the office jumping up and down on desks, popping the champagne and hugging each other with tears in their eyes.

it's more like "sure..why the eff not. go nuts mate"
    troo fan or death

i don't see how it's any skin off their nose. some people present it as move of supreme subterfuge and subversion on defalco's part...but idk.

defalco and frenz's hints were subtle enough to allow readers to think anything they want and didn't interfere with slott's overall story. defalco wasn't exactly silent about what he was doing; chances are someone at marvel knew, could have blocked it, and either approved it or...just didn't care
    I think what was important was their intention in the way they handled it and what it was in reaction too.

I think what was important was their intention in the way they handled it and what it was in reaction too.
    they/them being marvel or defalco/frenz?
    troo fan or death

they/them being marvel or defalco/frenz?
    In a recent interview, Fenz explained his drawing choices for the character as:
    In “Spider-Verse” visually I ignored my own preferences for the character and used all of the "wrong" costume and design elements of the other illustrators involved to distance myself from what was being done with the character and play devil's advocate as to whether or not it was our Mayday at all.
    To a subsequent question about how they continued post-Spider-Verse, he did add:
    In the Spider-Island back-ups, Tom and I more fully embraced the situation in which Mayday found herself and put aside game-playing with the character to better explore the emotions brought about by what had been done to her.
    It sounds to me like the suggestions that Spider-Verse was not the exact reality as the original MC2 universe were entirely of the writers volition. However, as long as it didn't interfere with the writing proper, I'd be surprised if Marvel objected. (Besides, given the infinite nature of multiverses, who's to say that MC2 diverged between the end of Spider-Girl and Spider-Verse, leaving a reality where MC2 was unaffected and is still chugging along doing its own thing?)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)