Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In a recent interview, Fenz explained his drawing choices for the character as:

To a subsequent question about how they continued post-Spider-Verse, he did add:

It sounds to me like the suggestions that Spider-Verse was not the exact reality as the original MC2 universe were entirely of the writers volition. However, as long as it didn't interfere with the writing proper, I'd be surprised if Marvel objected. (Besides, given the infinite nature of multiverses, who's to say that MC2 diverged between the end of Spider-Girl and Spider-Verse, leaving a reality where MC2 was unaffected and is still chugging along doing its own thing?)
    i'd agree with that...marvel aren't exactly known for strict detail and adherence to the "rules of the story", so i imagine they'd be fine with all that

as an aside, my sympathies will always lean more towards the creatives (eg: i understand why frank miller thinks the current character called elektra is an imposter no matter what marvel say is official and i support alan moore's stance against dc) but at the end of the day, someone like defalco who was once pretty high up would probably know the deal better than most when creating a character at the big 2.

all in all defalco's moves were just the right amount (they weren't sneak attacks like evs' art)
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In a recent interview, Fenz explained his drawing choices for the character as:

To a subsequent question about how they continued post-Spider-Verse, he did add:

It sounds to me like the suggestions that Spider-Verse was not the exact reality as the original MC2 universe were entirely of the writers volition. However, as long as it didn't interfere with the writing proper, I'd be surprised if Marvel objected. (Besides, given the infinite nature of multiverses, who's to say that MC2 diverged between the end of Spider-Girl and Spider-Verse, leaving a reality where MC2 was unaffected and is still chugging along doing its own thing?)
    Back in Spider-Girl's heyday there were a few "What If" scenarios which suggested there was more than one MC2 reality, that and the afore-mentioned UK comics continuity's future makes it very easy to dismiss Spider-Verse as occurring to "our" Mayday.

Astonishing Member

Cool that Amazing Spider-Man is the best selling Marvel Comic Book,still i am surprised that neither Spectacular Spider-Man or Venom are better in the Top 100.
    I am catching up on Spectacular Spider-Man,especially after issue #5 it´s a cool Spider-Man comic book.
    The Venom comic book i am catching up in the Trades as well,and from what i read is another great comic book.

So I guess it's basically a case of "If you like how Mayday was treated in Spider-Verse and beyond, then you can consider it as the continuation of Spider-Girl, but if not, then you can just as easily consider it as another alternate reality". Which is perfectly fine, especially since we still aren't sure if they all will be coming back anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So I guess it's basically a case of "If you like how Mayday was treated in Spider-Verse and beyond, then you can consider it as the continuation of Spider-Girl, but if not, then you can just as easily consider it as another alternate reality". Which is perfectly fine, especially since we still aren't sure if they all will be coming back anytime soon.
    There isn't much at stake for Marvel with DeFalco/ Frenz's compromise. It leaves some kind of return to a classic Spider-Girl status quo a possibility in the future, and the only cost was that it slightly muddies a plot point about a supporting character in a crossover.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets