Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What could this mean?: WW mentioned at C2E2 DCU Panel

So Bendis played host to writers and artists talking about the DCU: King, Seeley, Jones, etc. Then the panel was opened for some Q&A from the audience...and this happened. Could be something; could be nothing. But hopefully this means better and stronger things for WW going forward....

04/07/2018 05:51 Chris Arrant
    Next fan Q asks for King and Jones on a Wonder Woman title, because the current series needs fixing.

4/07/2018 05:51 Chris Arrant
    Bendis cuts off the panel before they can answer, saying "Next one..."

Perhaps he was annoyed at the way it was phrased. Creators usually have each others backs.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Perhaps he was annoyed at the way it was phrased. Creators usually have each others backs.
    While I would certainly love to see Robinson replaced, this is probably your answer OP.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

What if there are plans for Wonder Woman that they just couldn't disclose at the panel?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

There likely will be a new direction come July. July has the signs of the beginning of a new line-wide initiative, most notably spearheaded by Bendis's heralded upcoming Action/Superman run and Snyder's new Justice League direction. With how DC likes to operate, its highly plausible that lots of titles will get shaken up to some degree or another to capitalize. In this specific case though, just with the way the question was asked, depending on how one responded it could have been seen as an agreement that yes, the title needs the be "fixed" and thus, albeit unintentionally, could be construed as throwing a fellow creator under the bus.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-09-2018 at 12:43 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's very likely that the question was just not well meaning.

As tasteless as the question was, at least it let DC know that fans aren't exactly thrilled with the current series, if they're not already seeing that from sales and/or reviews.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Seriously there's someone who wants Tom King to write Diana's book? Isn't it a bit like wanting Joss Whedon to direct the next Wonder Woman movie?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Seriously there's someone who wants Tom King to write Diana's book? Isn't it a bit like wanting Joss Whedon to direct the next Wonder Woman movie?
    I would still rather take a chance on King than continue with Robinson.

I'd be fine with King if he's learned from the Batman #39 debacle. But that's a significant question, as that really called into question just how much he knows or cares to know about the character at all. #40 showed he managed to do a little bit of research, even getting an obscure lore reference in, but was that due to a desire to really know the character or just a response to the appropriate backlash of the prior issue?

Like others, I'm assuming it was the question...especially since Joelle Jones was announced for a new ongoing Catwoman title.

I'm guessing that Robinson is on until this Jason story wraps up, then we'll get a new creative team.

Also, when does Doomsday Clock end again now? In 2019? I'm guessing that'll be a good time to shake up the Wonderverse with whatever happens to the Multi-Multiverse after the conclusion with Doctor Manhattan.

Despite some minor misgivings I had while reading Batman #39, I'd be into King taking on the Amazing Amazon and her cast.

He's used a lot of the major Batvillains to good effect and added some life to Kite-Man, so I could see him playing around with characterization and updating some of Diana's rogues. I'm not sure he'd follow suit with writing a Diana and Steve romance so quickly after writing one with Batman and Catwoman. (Kind of one of the most important romances in all of comicdom, IMHO.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Despite some minor misgivings I had while reading Batman #39, I'd be into King taking on the Amazing Amazon and her cast.

He's used a lot of the major Batvillains to good effect and added some life to Kite-Man, so I could see him playing around with characterization and updating some of Diana's rogues. I'm not sure he'd follow suit with writing a Diana and Steve romance so quickly after writing one with Batman and Catwoman. (Kind of one of the most important romances in all of comicdom, IMHO.)
    King will be on Batman until issue 100 and he's working on Sanctuary and Mister Miracle on top of it m=he may not have time for Wonder Woman even if he was approached with the task.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    King will be on Batman until issue 100 and he's working on Sanctuary and Mister Miracle on top of it m=he may not have time for Wonder Woman even if he was approached with the task.
    Yeah, I'm just dreaming away of who else I might like to see take on Diana some day.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yeah, I'm just dreaming away of who else I might like to see take on Diana some day.
    Who else can take on the task though? And no Rucka he can write Diana but he can't write Steve.