Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

... This whole entire saga is just darned bizarre. I wish the best for Uncle Stan but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around just who is supposed to be in his inner circle? Who accompanies him when he films these cameos, for example? Who is his official attorney? How much is his daughter involved in his life? Does he have grandchildren, etc.?

Wonder if the House of Mouse would get involved. You'd think they wouldn't want the 'Walt Disney' and public 'creator figure' of Marvel to get hurt or to be in state that worries Marvel fans. His is a face even the younger fans who don't really know his legacy fully would have noticed from his constant cameos in the MCU,

Disney ofc wouldn't have any actual power over his estate, but I think they would be concerned if whoever's in charge of Stan Lee's affairs right now is overworking him to the point that 'touch wood', he could collapse at a public convention with hundreds of fans, and make Marvel and by extension the MCU look bad for overworking an old 90+ year old man.

I know Disney shouldn't be treated like an attack dog, but I have seen how effective they can be when they feel their public image or their properties' public images are threatened (i.e. what happened with EA and Battlefront 2). Marvel and the MCU is their property, and Stan Lee is the figurehead of that property to fans, and the general consensus of fans is that he's being mistreated and suffering. You'd think Disney would swoop in to strong-arm anyone who would threaten the public 'family friendly' persona of any of their properties.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...reator-1101229 If true his Daughter is a terror it looks like he lost his protector in Joanie god I hope adult services get involved.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...reator-1101229 If true his Daughter is a terror it looks like he lost his protector in Joanie god I hope adult services get involved.
    Thanks for posting this. It does shed some light on a lot of things. I didn't want to post anything bad about his daughter J.C because I couldn't remember where I had read the story before about her pushing her mother onto the floor and injuring her. This is the first I've read about injuring her father also. I hope that someone is successful in setting up a conservatorship for Stan because it looks like he really needs it.

It looks like he just tends to trust the last person who speaks to him, which is something I saw with my elderly parents after a while.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-10-2018 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

The question now is, will the conventions stop paying Stan's daughter for Stan to appear at their events? And if not, can fan pressure force them to stop?

CBR is reporting on Kevin Smith's offer to have Stan come live with him. Bless him for his concern. I expect more comic pros to get involved, if they haven't already behind the scenes.

Very sad...

Collider has done a video on the THR story

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

One thing for sure. Marvel at least should be offering money for getting him away from her. Either in the care of Kevin or his friend they took off.

There needs to be a full fledged investigation into this.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The question now is, will the conventions stop paying Stan's daughter for Stan to appear at their events? And if not, can fan pressure force them to stop?
    That would be a good start.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Has no one tried to call the cops for a wellness check?

Other than his daughter (who is part of the problem), there is his brother Larry Lieber who is in his 80s. I've seen no mention of him in relation to this case.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Stan himself speaks:

What are we to make of this?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Stan himself speaks:

What are we to make of this?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It seems rather suspect. That doesn't feel like Stan saying that, and why does he keep looking off to the side?

And even if it was legit, he doesn't seem to be in good shape at all.