Default No more Dynamite "Shadow"?

Does anyone know if there are any more Shadow titles coming out from Dynamite? Whilst seeing the end of Dynamite's Shadow experiment would be like seeing a friend being released from torture, on the other hand when they're good they're really good.

If as Major Hoy has published here the last Shadow ish only sold 6K copies then they I guess that'll be that.

I think they'll publish more Shadow related titles in the future. They've taken a break from publishing Shadow titles before - and seem to always bring him back. It's just that folks on the boards seem especially critical of what they've done (sometimes rightly so, sometimes not, imo) - so it gives a more negative impression than I think the situation warrants.

DE will probably let it lay for a bit, and then do another series. I think it's actually been fairly profitable for them, which is why there's been a plethora of Shadow titles the past 8-10 years.

I think it is just one of those titles that works best for them by doing short runs and mini-series. They are doing exactly the same with Vampirella and Green Hornet.

I believe Dynamite's first series with The Shadow came out in 2012 and then lasted for about two years until issue #25. Then there were other series with The Shadow that lasted generally anywhere from four-to-six issues, as well as the Matt Wagner-written The Shadow: Year One from 2013-2014 that was 10 issues long.
    Whether they'll feature The Shadow in another series, or when they might, seems to be unknown at the moment, but anything is possible. And, remember, in talking "numbers" of issues sold these days, those are just for physical copies ordered by comic book shops through Diamond Distribution; we don't know how well a book may do with digital sales / sales outside of Diamond's supply chain / trade paperback sales. (And I don't know if the number of comic book stores that would normally order from Diamond has been shrinking over the past few years or not, either. I know the store where I had been buying my books through closed a few months ago.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any more Shadow titles coming out from Dynamite? Whilst seeing the end of Dynamite's Shadow experiment would be like seeing a friend being released from torture, on the other hand when they're good they're really good.
    I don't think they've announced anything yet, but for sure the book will be back eventually.

Next series I hope will be set in the 30's as that premise is where Shadow works best IMO - as opposed to modern day setting.

I also hope we get Shadow/Spirit down the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I don't think they've announced anything yet, but for sure the book will be back eventually.
    Has anybody been hearing if any new The Shadow series may be coming out in the future from Dynamite?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has anybody been hearing if any new The Shadow series may be coming out in the future from Dynamite?
    They may say something about it at SDCC, unfortunately I couldn't get in the day they have their panel. Which is a shame, cause I do normally enjoy the panel.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Man, I wish we'd get a new series soon... If Dynamite doesn't plan on doing anything more with the character they should sell the license to another publisher...

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Man, I wish we'd get a new series soon... If Dynamite doesn't plan on doing anything more with the character they should sell the license to another publisher...
    I don't know if they can just "sell" the license; I'm assuming the owner would have any final say about what happens with the property. I don't know if it would be that Dynamite would just let the license term run out or if they would just return it to the owners early if they don't plan to use it any more.