Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It a shame that vol 2 is not there because it was a really good series.

Beautiful art. I could stare at classic comic art all day

Extraordinary Member

I don't think we'll be seeing them anymore in the MCU after the TV show went down the way it did. Well, the movies never reference the shows anyway, but this time doubly so. If we ever get Ms. Marvel they could say she's the descendant of Eternals instead.
    Well it's mostly a one way street,but not all time.
    Anyway these are past views from a few years ago.

by Eddie
    quote-
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    quote-
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

by Bajan Samurai
    quote-
    Yeah, it is clearly all in the same universe, it is just people get forgetful of crossover instances (Fury or Lady Sif showing up before) or over assume when news of behind the scenes division of control (cinema properties - TV properties) comes up. The issue is that some people assumed that connected meant all showing up occasionally and all referencing each other, which was never their intent.
    It is not easy to get as many movie stars to make a TV appearance (scheduling, location) and it is not easy to synchronize an event from a TV show [that could have been filmed last month or last week and shown today] with an event(s) following it in a film that had wrapped photography a year prior and still comes out after the TV event. It is harder to plan for a movie to reference a TV show's events that it doesn't even know will be happening when they are already filming.
    The one they (sort of) pulled off was inferring that Coulson was responsible for Nick Fury acquiring the helicarrier they used in Avengers: AoU, but even that probably required a lot of pre-planning since the AoS probably had not even fully fleshed out how their season was going to go.

Midlife Comix2 hours ago (edited)
    quote-
    Gonna have to disagree with you on the whole "They would have just called the Avengers" thing. As we know from comics the FF, Avengers, X-Men, etc don't just pop up in each others comics all the time that easily to clean things up. How many times has Spidey been outmatched and ran to the Avengers, the Sanctum Santorum, or the Baxter Building only for those teams to conveniently be "out of town"? 1000's of times. So when it happens in Live Action it's different? Not at all. You see Daredevil fight things like Vampires but does he just call Blade every time? Nope! So why would that HAVE to happen in Live Action? And as far as references not only was "The Incident" referred to but also the Hulk, Thor, Cap, etc Cottonmouth mentions Cap, and Method raps about Iron man in Luke Cage. Yes I get some of these are obscure references but references none the less. Also remember [SPOILERS for DD Season 2] when Frank grabs that CD labeled "Micro" from his house before blowing it up? Skye aka Daisy from Agents of SHIELD mentions her hacker friend "Microchip" and this was way back in Season 1 of that show. For those that don't know Microchip is The Punishers partner in his war supplying the Punisher with weapons and tech support.
    Also if youve been watching AoS theres at least FOUR different direct references, technology, and direct dialog from previously aired episodes of AoS that "somehow" made it into Civil War. Not a coincidence.

Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies
    http://www.cbr.com/loeb-reveals-why-...in-the-movies/

Jeph Loeb Explains Why We Don’t See Avengers Tower In The Marvel/Netflix Series
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...l-tv-universe/

Roxxon Energy Corporation
    In other media
    Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Roxxon was featured in four films and five television shows that take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Recently somebody posted few more references from shows that made to the movies in one of cbr comment sections,but i can't find it now.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-16-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Incredible Member

I hope they will at least partially follow the Gaiman mini-serie. It's for me a great introduction to the Eternals and Makkari can be a great access character.
    I like this Gaiman thematics of gods that must remember they are gods.
    I'm quite hopeful for this movie. We know from Thor Ragnarok that the Kirby aesthetics are great onscreen. They could serve as a great entry point for a lot of cosmic marvel lore, I think of the Celestials, for exemple.

Anything new concerning this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Anything new concerning this movie?
    I think the latest report was that the main protagonist will be Sersi who will be in relationship with Ikari or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I think the latest report was that the main protagonist will be Sersi who will be in relationship with Ikari or something.
    Thanks! I had not heard anything and wanted to make sure things had not changed, such as not going forward.

Extraordinary Member

Idris Elba wants come back to the mcu and there is talk of a Miss America Chavez Disney plus show as well.
    There is talk of the ultimates in the mcu.
    Gemma chan has been recast as sersi.
    If idris wants to come back and he is recasted he should be recasted as blue marvel.
    John Boyega or Idris Elba could be cast for blue marvel.
    Either one would be fine for me.
    Derel luke who played Gabe Jones in captain america first avenger would be fine pick too but Idris Boyega and John Boyega are bigger names.

Idris Elba interested in Returning to the MCU & More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuwXp3M8Wo
    Last edited by mace11; 09-16-2019 at 01:38 AM.

I like Heimdall but Elba kind of deserved something meatier then Heimdall, especially with how he went out (which was only marginally better then what the Warriors Three got).

They cast Gemma Chan as a new character because she only ever played a minor throwaway villain nobody remembers (and had her face painted up all blue to boot). She's not even the only case of someone with a minor or bit part playing multiple roles in the MCU. Elba's played Heimdall in 5 movies now. They're not casting him as someone else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They cast Gemma Chan as a new character because she only ever played a minor throwaway villain nobody remembers (and had her face painted up all blue to boot). She's not even the only case of someone with a minor or bit part playing multiple roles in the MCU. Elba's played Heimdall in 5 movies now. They're not casting him as someone else lol.
    Thank you for reminding me how forgettable Starforce was .

I remember thinking that Minn-Erva specifically was memorable, disproportionate to the amount of screentime and material she was given. I figured Gemma Chan was likely responsible for that, and so I was quite pleased by their casting her as Sersi.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I remember thinking that Minn-Erva specifically was memorable, disproportionate to the amount of screentime and material she was given. I figured Gemma Chan was likely responsible for that, and so I was quite pleased by their casting her as Sersi.
    I thought Starforce was on-paper interesting, and Minn-Erva for a female rival to Carol, but that never amounted to anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Starforce was on-paper interesting, and Minn-Erva for a female rival to Carol, but that never amounted to anything..
    Yeah, I'd agree to that. It was a cool synthesis of different Kree concepts from the comics, but that part of the movie was just too brief to really do anything much with them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I think the fact that she wore blue paint probably helped as well.

Weirdly enough, I would imagine it would have to be something similar in reverse. Essentially, he would have to be completely covered in makeup, which I'm sure he wouldn't be thrilled with. Either that or do voice work only.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?