Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I forgot him. I wish everyone else would too. But seriously I guess I thought he was more of a God, the way Thor is. I guess I didn't know or realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Maybe we'll get Sersi in an Avengers sequel.

The odds of that are miniscule. The TV shows don't exist as far as the movies are concerned.

Except for all the Kree stuff in Agents, and of course other Inhuman/Nuhuman stuff. Kree exist in both universe, movie and TV, without benefit of linkage. The Kree stuff in Agents was rather cool, and showed us more about them than Ronan (a very missed opportunity).

I say never say never.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I forgot him. I wish everyone else would too. But seriously I guess I thought he was more of a God, the way Thor is. I guess I didn't know or realize.
    No harm there. In fact, that's what Kirby intended all along... that the Eternals were so powerful in their own right that they were often presumed to be gods. This is particularly true for Eternals like Sersi.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't think Monica is gonna be in the first movie. There are rumors that her mom may be in it though.
    One of Monica's powers is that she doesn't age. Her body has converted to solid light (which is why her name is Spectrum). No need for the Rambeau we see in the 90s to be her mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Now that I think about it, with the Inhumans falling from grace, I wonder if Kamala Khan could be reinvented as an Eternal? (Don't anyone dare suggest that she'd make a great Deviant...for obvious reasons!)
    You know they'll be getting the X-Men back when the Fox deal goes through. Since the earliest Kamala would be likely to appear is Captain Marvel 2, they could actually make her a mutant. They won't want to use her comics origin as that would mean mentioning Agents of SHIELD (which already did the terrigen thing and introduced Flint)!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Would LOVE to see Hyperion in this film. Lets remember that he TOO is an Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Would LOVE to see Hyperion in this film. Lets remember that he TOO is an Eternal.
    By birth, yes. But Hype is literally the red-headed stepchild here. Ha Ha! I haven't read all of his appearances, but I don't recall him ever having any in-depth interactions with the Eternals of mainstream Earth. Has he ever even visited one of their cities? Someone fill me in, please.

And speaking of distant relations, given how the Greco-Roman and Egyptian mythologies often intertwined, I wonder if we'll hear of Eternal cities on the Dark Continent, Asia, or even Australia with its plethora of creatures that are unique to the island?

I'm a long time reader so I get/know all that. Zuras is not Zeus, but benefited from humankind's assumption that he was the Olympian.

I love Sersi, especially her time in Avengers. She was also one of the Eternals who most easily fit herself into human society and culture.

On another note of my either forgotten (my Goddess, I've read Marvel/comics since the late '60s and most of them too!) or mistaken memory is about Selene -

who seems to be one of the oldest mutants; immortal. Or is she really more of an Eternal or mixture (External, I think is her canon).

That's more of a recent revision, which I don't necessarily mind, but also isn't he an Eternal from another 'verse, than 616 ? (to go that way would be very confusing for most movie audiences, so if they used him, he would be from the main verse.)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    No harm there. In fact, that's what Kirby intended all along... that the Eternals were so powerful in their own right that they were often presumed to be gods. This is particularly true for Eternals like Sersi.
    Kirby also intended that the Eternals would had their own continuity/universe, separated from 616. And that explain the later contradictions. It was supposed than the eternals inspired the gods of ancient times. But in an universe with active gods, that is contradictory.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    It'd be hilarious if Marvel makes a better onscreen Superman than WB.

Sad too.

But for my personal pleasure of seeing a better Marvel "superman", I would love for it to be Blue Marvel. Especially considering how awesome and well regarded the Black Panther movie is.

Good luck with that. Can't wait for the complaints after they add extra people of color. :eye roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Good luck with that. Can't wait for the complaints after they add extra people of color. :eye roll:
    I can't really say I see that. Black Panther's extreme, huge success should truly open doors for many movies featuring dynamic and REAL-ized characters who just happen to be persons of color.

And this is something that DC will never be able to do, in the movies - though I think Black Lightning is such an excellent and engaging movie, that maybe they can learn something.

I would watch Black Lightning for the family/real life drama, its nearly note-perfect and defines many things about AA culture in the states so well.

But I've already hijacked this thread, so I should stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Sidebar: I heard an audible gasp in the theater yesterday watching BP in the burbs when Eric Killmonger said, "Didn't life start here on this continent?" I guess some of the parents in the theater have yet to discuss the prevalent theories on the origins of humanity and our shared bonds. If there is an Eternals movie, I hope that they hammer home this point. The Celestials, after all, experimented on the earliest form of homo sapiens sapiens. Later retellings indicated that the Celestials may have visited continents other than Africa in doing so, and possibly experimented with evolved apes. I hope they set the record straight.

And sure, why not have one of the test subjects be Mitochondrial Eve?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sad too.

But for my personal pleasure of seeing a better Marvel "superman", I would love for it to be Blue Marvel. Especially considering how awesome and well regarded the Black Panther movie is.

Which Marvel Superhero Should John Boyega Play in the MCU?
    https://nerdist.com/john-boyega-marvel-superhero/

See video and read comments inside
    Could John Boyega Join the MCU? - SJU - YouTube

Talk starts around 30:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tzVf-RPtoE
    Last edited by mace11; 04-09-2018 at 02:46 PM.