Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Boyega for Blue Marvel? I hope that you're talking about his early army service years. just my opinion but he lacks the stature of a superman-type hero. but I'm for it, if it keeps them from casting him as Blade.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They won't want to use her comics origin as that would mean mentioning Agents of SHIELD (which already did the terrigen thing and introduced Flint)!
    My assumption and hope is that tv show references and character appearances would be fair game once the tv show ends, so that they don’t have to coordinate the writing across two production timelines (movie and show, likely being more limiting for the show).

I understand I have two counterexamples against me, but then again Agent Carter was a period piece whose main character passed away in TWS and Inhumans was just... bad lol so neither would be rushed to incorporate into the movies. AOS season 5 is being written to function well as a final season if it doesn’t get renewed and they’re tying up early stuff with Gravitonium, so who knows. If no season 6, then i’d still be happy if that opened up possible movie appearances for those characters.

But yeah nothing to back up my hopes yet.

Though tbh, Kamala’s actual superpower lineage isn’t really important to the story and i’d understand if the movies wanna depict her gaining superpowers in a different and more colorful way than the how Terrigenesis is depicted on the shows (kinda boring).
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Gilgamesh, aka, the Forgotten One was also an Avenger, wasn't he?
    Yeah, he was. Side note since I'm not sure I will ever get to say this anywhere else - I recently read the Epic of Gilgamesh and find it amusing that the entire premise of the story is that Gilgamesh was terrified of his mortality but ended up having to accept it. It's a little weird that the Marvel version is functionally immortal.

Without another source, I'm not going to put a lot of faith in this. However, I've been advocating for an Eternals movie ever since I read issue one when Marvel reprinted it for Jack Kirby's birthday. I thought it would work well as a sort of Indiana Jones type movie and a great way to build up the Celestials even more.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

I honestly believe that if they didn't have enough faith to move forward with an Inhumans movie, they definitely aren't moving forward with an Eternals one. Not unless Ikaris is going to end up a replacement for Thor.

I'd rather Monica not appear in the Captain Marvel movie unless she is the one bearing the name. I doubt that they'll establish on screen that Monica had the name before Carol and detail how she was callously stripped of two of her nom de guerres by a white man in the #metoo #wakandaforever era. Marvel isn't about to show how its editorial decisions have basically screwed over Monica so that someone who looks more like its wider comic book audience could shine. It wouldn't dare. That notwithstanding, yes, I'm looking forward to seeing Monica hit the big screen. I won't be seeing Captain Marvel in the theaters, but I am eagerly awaiting the DVD/Blu Ray/Stream.

Getting back to the original topic, I wonder if Thanos and the Eternals of Titan make an appearance?
    Can't be better said....

And that's why it most likely won't happen. For the general movie audience, even one that likes and follows the MCU mostly, 3 Cap Marvels would be overwhelming with Jude Law being the original (or so we think), Carol and Monica.

I get that need to pay respect and acknowledge history, but its not just her or p.o.c.

Antman should have started with Hank Pym. I liked what they did, but I still feel strongly about how it might have been. But lets be clear

Marvel continuity is so long, uncompressed mostly, that the movies can't use all that without bogging it down, or losing other action, plot and character emphasis.

That's why I hope if and when the FF make it into the MCU, they try to salvo the origin stuff and go with a similar retro story; they did come from the early '60s but got lost in space or time and only now return to present. Most of the world never knew them or forgot them. And they should eventually use their story to sort out the Inhumans, Dr. Doom and a lot of other stuff.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I honestly believe that if they didn't have enough faith to move forward with an Inhumans movie, they definitely aren't moving forward with an Eternals one. Not unless Ikaris is going to end up a replacement for Thor.
    I think it just depends on the pitch. It's never "are these popular characters" it's "can we make an interesting and different movie."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Yes. Id love to see Seris, Gilgamesh, and ikaris on the big screen. I hope Druig gets a push to be a big name villan in the comics. He has alot of eternals on his side and there own country and would be a hard opponent to take down.
    Also i want a Gilgamesh and Heracles to star in a Netflix series based on Dan Abnett hercules. That comic was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Antman should have started with Hank Pym.
    it did; figuratively and literally. when Pym wasn't on screen he was observing. he even got the aftercredits. Jan's the one who got shafted.

Now that I think about it, with the Inhumans falling from grace, I wonder if Kamala Khan could be reinvented as an Eternal? (Don't anyone dare suggest that she'd make a great Deviant...for obvious reasons!)
    For a potential MCU Kamala, I'd be down for it. But for comics Kamala, I wouldn't be on board with it, or at the very least, it would take me quite a while for me to accept it.

Sure, the Inhuman aspect of Kamala as far as her solo book goes has only ever been significant in one of the eight story arcs she's had, but it is still an established part of her now. if they're gonna go that route, it would need some proper buildup and time for it to be slowly accepted. Don't just make it a one issue thing, or even something done in one story arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Boyega for Blue Marvel? I hope that you're talking about his early army service years. just my opinion but he lacks the stature of a superman-type hero. but I'm for it, if it keeps them from casting him as Blade.
    Idris Elba and lyriq Bent are closer to blue marvel's height by the way and they are more experienced actors but Boyega said he if played a marvel superhero it would not be in the near future anyway.
    So when he play one he will have more experience himself.
    I think actors that could play blue marvel are John Boyega, Lyriq Bent or Idris Elba for example.
    I think others that could play blue marvel are Andrew Stewart-Jones from the gotham show,Trevante Rhodes, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and David Oyelowo.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-14-2018 at 10:33 PM.

By birth, yes. But Hype is literally the red-headed stepchild here. Ha Ha! I haven't read all of his appearances, but I don't recall him ever having any in-depth interactions with the Eternals of mainstream Earth. Has he ever even visited one of their cities? Someone fill me in, please.

And speaking of distant relations, given how the Greco-Roman and Egyptian mythologies often intertwined, I wonder if we'll hear of Eternal cities on the Dark Continent, Asia, or even Australia with its plethora of creatures that are unique to the island?
    Certain Hyperion versions have acknowledged their Eternal roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Good luck with that. Can't wait for the complaints after they add extra people of color. :eye roll:
    Why? Unlike Asgardians their HAVE been Black Eternals iirc. Eternals are just humans ascended to godhood thanks to being experimented on by the Celestials. They can be any color.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It'd be hilarious if Marvel makes a better onscreen Superman than WB.
    Yeah it would be a hard and large pill to swallow that no amount of water will sooth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Why? Unlike Asgardians their HAVE been Black Eternals iirc. Eternals are just humans ascended to godhood thanks to being experimented on by the Celestials. They can be any color.
    I think the only black asgardian i seen from the main universe in the comics has been sigurd,but i think there may have been a few more over the years.