Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I don't think we'll be seeing them anymore in the MCU after the TV show went down the way it did. Well, the movies never reference the shows anyway, but this time doubly so. If we ever get Ms. Marvel they could say she's the descendant of Eternals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She's also the easiest to use as a viewpoint character if this is based on the Neil Gaiman run.
    Is she? I've always seen her as a catty elitist. She's as relatable as the Housewives of Orange County. Gilgamesh and Makkari are way more personable. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Is she? I've always seen her as a catty elitist. She's as relatable as the Housewives of Orange County. Gilgamesh and Makkari are way more personable. But that's just my opinion.
    She's kind of like the Emma Frost of the Eternals, but she's also probably the one that's assimilated the most into human society.

Plus she was also an Avenger, so that probably helps.

we have enough men in leading roles, don't you think? sersi's a great character. certainly a unique take on her in the gaiman book but they were all tricked into alternate lives. the classic sersi is intelligent, powerful, and compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's kind of like the Emma Frost of the Eternals, but she's also probably the one that's assimilated the most into human society.

Plus she was also an Avenger, so that probably helps.
    I get that. But can you imagine an x-men movie with Emma frost as your viewpoint character? The tone of cynicism would be palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    we have enough men in leading roles, don't you think?
    I don't think about it. I would not be the target audience of a female led movie, in general (looking forward to Captain Marvel, though). Is Sersi the best that they have? What about Thena?

I don't think about it. I would not be the target audience of a female led movie, in general (looking forward to Captain Marvel, though). Is Sersi the best that they have? What about Thena?
    like frontier mentioned, she's also an avenger, so that clearly helps. is thena?

next thing you know, they'll give jessica jones her own tv show.

I'd say Thena is probably too integrated into the power-structure of the Eternals to be a good access character to their world. Sersi is someone who's really embraced a lot of the perks the human world has to offer, so introducing her as a "just like us but different" type and using that to lead into the greater Eternals mythology makes more sense to me (since most people seeing the film would have no idea of the Eternals history in comics).

Astonishing Member

I've said it elsewhere but I'm really hoping they cast a Greek actress for Sersi given she's based on (and in universe the inspiration Marvel wise) of Circe.

Aside from that. Go forth. :P

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They're all based on Greeks, no? Icarus, Circe, etc. The only exceptions are people like Gilgamesh.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    like frontier mentioned, she's also an avenger, so that clearly helps. is thena?

next thing you know, they'll give jessica jones her own tv show.
    will Sersi be an Avenger in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    They're all based on Greeks, no? Icarus, Circe, etc. The only exceptions are people like Gilgamesh.
    which just begs the question, "why are we ignoring the Olympians?"

Sadly, this announcement comes at my limits of watching Superhero movies.

Trying to gather up excitement to watch Avengers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah to an extent. I'm mostly singling her out because she's both important enough and still a bit salty about Elektra not being played by a Greek actress either in Daredevil.

I don't really know the Eternals past a few of the bigger names and the likes of Mokkari and Pixie.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

which just begs the question, "why are we ignoring the Olympians?"
    Because they're not the Eternals and have nothing to do with the Eternals/Deviants/Celestial storyline the movie would likely tell.

Olympians would have to justify why they should have movies as opposed to Asgardians. The Eternals don't.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?