Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Master Chief vs. Red Ranger

Master Chief
    (Halo)

vs.

Red Ranger
    (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

The Rules

-Master Chief starts with 1 Assault Rifle, 1 Energy Sword, 2 Grenades, and 2 Plasma Grenades.
    -Red Ranger has 1 Blade Blaster, 1 Power Sword, and 1 Wrist Communicator.
    -No outside help (no Cortana, no Zords).
    -This is Jason Lee Scott's Red Ranger from the original TV show. TV feats, movies, and Boom! comic feats apply.
    -Master Chief's feats from his video games*, short films, comic books, and novels apply.
    *Cutscenes only.

Who wins?
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 04-09-2018 at 03:52 PM.

I have no clue what comic feats the Red Ranger has, but based on what I know outside of that area, Chief's only real advantage is with speed.

I guess Rangers can get dropped by building busting missiles and not be bad off, so they have a durability edge most likely.

Maybe with his speed edge, he could close the gap and do work with the energy sword. Those swords can casually tear a Spartan to pieces despite energy shields.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I have no clue what comic feats the Red Ranger has, but based on what I know outside of that area, Chief's only real advantage is with speed.

I guess Rangers can get dropped by building busting missiles and not be bad off, so they have a durability edge most likely.

Maybe with his speed edge, he could close the gap and do work with the energy sword. Those swords can casually tear a Spartan to pieces despite energy shields.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Thanks Guy1! Yeah, so that comic reinforces the idea that Rangers probably have a strength/durability edge for sure.

I'm still leery saying they have any sort of speed advantage based on one panel of them pushing some sand out behind them as they sprint. We have no real frame of reference for how fast they are moving as its only 1 panel, and they aren't say, outpacing a train or any other real world object. Also it's a dead sprint and not exactly combat or reaction based.

Chief for example has moved fast enough to be a nearly imperceptible blur to marines even though he was shuffling across several meters of space, dodging (sorta) bullets from an automated turret and of course the infamous "missile slap" (which of course was Cortana assisted, and she's not in this fight I know).

If Rangers only have the one nebulous non combat sprint panel, I'm still pretty comfortable saying Chief can cross the distance and start swinging.

*patiently waits for Guy1 to post a gazillion more speed feats*
    ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Thanks Guy1! Yeah, so that comic reinforces the idea that Rangers probably have a strength/durability edge for sure.

I'm still leery saying they have any sort of speed advantage based on one panel of them pushing some sand out behind them as they sprint. We have no real frame of reference for how fast they are moving as its only 1 panel, and they aren't say, outpacing a train or any other real world object. Also it's a dead sprint and not exactly combat or reaction based.

Chief for example has moved fast enough to be a nearly imperceptible blur to marines even though he was shuffling across several meters of space, dodging (sorta) bullets from an automated turret and of course the infamous "missile slap" (which of course was Cortana assisted, and she's not in this fight I know).

If Rangers only have the one nebulous non combat sprint panel, I'm still pretty comfortable saying Chief can cross the distance and start swinging.

*patiently waits for Guy1 to post a gazillion more speed feats*
    ;P
    Honestly....not a lot to work with there. I mean, if we give him Jetting then he can fly but the MMPR team didn't get super speed until the Ninjetti Powers and Metallic Armor, neither of which Jason got. Rocky was the Red Ranger when those power ups were granted.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFjpTmZshrI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BStVxJcmr6w

If you want a speedy Ranger, I'd go with this guy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Astonishing Member

how about we gave Master Chief guns or bombs that can depowers any rangers?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    how about we gave Master Chief guns or bombs that can depowers any rangers?
    What?? What does this even mean?
    - big_adventure

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy1, I love you buddy, but could you at least put time stamps for the relevant moments in these fights? Or at least sum the content of the videos up so I know what to be looking for?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

It says Zyuranger on the side of the guns