View Poll Results: Seeley's Green Lantern Run Thus Far?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

4 14.29%
  • It's ok. Still giving it a chance

17 60.71%
  • Hate it.

7 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    This is weird because I loved Seeley`s Nightwing but Humphries took over and I dropped it. It was pretty meh.
    Seeley's Nightwing was good. Better than average for a Nightwing run. Dick's been SOL since he lost Seeley as a writer, with no signs of improving any time soon.

I didn't read Humphries run on Nightwing, nothing in it looked remotely interesting. Doesn't sound like a missed much. Too bad they just didn't leave the writers where they were.

I really enjoyed his Nightwing run, but it’s clear he was never a fan of the Noghtwing identity or Bludhaven. His GL run has just been “ok”. Nothing really interesting or to brag about. I’d have put Seeley on WW over Robinson.

Echo everyone else here. Absolutely loved Seeley's Nightwing, absolutely loved Humphries Green Lanterns. Both series took a nose dive after the swap. Which is bizarre considering the previous series shows they are both great writers, but here we are.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Dropped Green Lanterns two issues after they switched. Just a Bland book. I'm gonna file the switch under Brainless moves 101.

i know this wasn't the question, but i actually liked humphries' brief nightwing run. for a filler arc, that wasn't too bad. i'd stick with it if he were staying on, but i'm not exactly sure what's happening with the book now so it's all up in the air.

I'm very close to dropping it if it doesn't improve in two more issues. It just feels generic now and by the numbers. Simon and Jessica don't eel interesting anymore either. Shame since I loved Humphries run.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

i don't always pay attention to announcements and breaking comic news:

i know venditti is stepping down from hal jordan & the green lantern corps (a pity, i found his new 52 run rocky-but-commendable considering the run he was following up, and his rebirth stuff has been fantastic) with #50, and jessica is joining one of those relaunched justice league books, has there been any announcement regarding the future of green lanterns or are fans expecting one? are people anticipating a green lantern line revamp, or are we expecting business as usual with seeley at the helm?

It's okay but not as good as Humphries. Jessica has backslid into being "aspiring super girlfriend" which is such a dated old trope. He writes an okay Simon.

But it's lost a little bit of the buddy-cop charm it had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Dropped Green Lanterns two issues after they switched. Just a Bland book. I'm gonna file the switch under Brainless moves 101.
    I think Seeley wanted to jump ship, he never seemed happy with the Nightwing status quo. Humphries probably wanted a chance to write Nightwing so he agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i don't always pay attention to announcements and breaking comic news:

i know venditti is stepping down from hal jordan & the green lantern corps (a pity, i found his new 52 run rocky-but-commendable considering the run he was following up, and his rebirth stuff has been fantastic) with #50, and jessica is joining one of those relaunched justice league books, has there been any announcement regarding the future of green lanterns or are fans expecting one? are people anticipating a green lantern line revamp, or are we expecting business as usual with seeley at the helm?
    Yeah when I heard Venditti's run was coming to an end it did make me think and hope that Seeley doesn't become the head GL written. He just doesn't get the space stuff, I feel like he could write Red Robin way better. Also I would hope that Green Lanterns continues even if Jessica is on a JL book. I think both her and Baz have a lot more to offer and care for.