Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Will DC comics change Vixen’s history to match her Legends history ?

Given the recent changes in Vixen’s live action appearances one has to wonder whether or not the comics will be willing to follow the same route. Especially given the recent finale of Legends of Tomorrow...https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-new-vixen-kuasa/

Also it would be a way to spice up Vixen’s overall character in the comics. So a win-win, right ?

I highly doubt it. DC doesn't usually have more than one person holding a mantle.

Mighty Member

No. The only thing i can see being adapted is the different totems but that's it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I can see them incorporating Amaya and Kuasa into the comics as well as the totems.

I dont see them using Kuasa as an additional wielder of tge totem right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I can see them incorporating Amaya and Kuasa into the comics as well as the totems.

I dont see them using Kuasa as an additional wielder of tge totem right now.
    This.......

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I highly doubt it. DC doesn't usually have more than one person holding a mantle.
    Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Steel are all shared mantles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Steel are all shared mantles.
    I meant at the same time like the article suggests.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I meant at the same time like the article suggests.
    You sure about that? There are currently two Supermen (Clark Kent & Kenan Kong), three Flashes (Barry Allen, Wally West & Avery Ho), six Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz & Jessica Cruz) and god knows how many different Batmen of Many Nations.

That said, while I don't think having Vixen be part of a lineage of animal-totem bearers would necessarily be a bad thing, I would rather Mari McCabe actually got a few more decent stories before they start introducing a bunch of other versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You sure about that? There are currently two Supermen (Clark Kent & Kenan Kong), three Flashes (Barry Allen, Wally West & Avery Ho), six Green Lanterns (Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz & Jessica Cruz) and god knows how many different Batmen of Many Nations.

That said, while I don't think having Vixen be part of a lineage of animal-totem bearers would necessarily be a bad thing, I would rather Mari McCabe actually got a few more decent stories before they start introducing a bunch of other versions.
    I said this isn't a usual thing for them. I mean can you think of any time in DC history where there were two Superman and three Flashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Also it would be a way to spice up Vixen’s overall character in the comics. So a win-win, right ?
    All depends . . . would the character gain more new fans than any old-time fans DC might alienate by changing a character some people already liked as she was?

Given the comics don't have the problem of having to focus on characters other then the actual comic Vixen, I doubt it.

As someone who stopped watching this series after season one, this sounds unnecessarily convoluted to me. I'd prefer Vixen's current origin remain as it is, without any of this time travel chicanery.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given the comics don't have the problem of having to focus on characters other then the actual comic Vixen, I doubt it.
    Not to mention they barely ever focus on the actual Vixen to begin with. I think her having to share what limited panel time she has with what amounts to little more than a carbon-copy of herself would only hurt the character in the long run. But that's just me.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    As someone who stopped watching this series after season one
    Highly recommend you go back to the show. Season 1 is pretty terrible, but it completely re-invents itself in season 2 and both it and season 3 have been amazing.

Hell to the no.

First of all the Vixen on the screen is not even the real one, so what development would the comic one gain from this show, also the showing of her abilities have been poor.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Highly recommend you go back to the show. Season 1 is pretty terrible, but it completely re-invents itself in season 2 and both it and season 3 have been amazing.
    I must be one of the few people who enjoyed the show even back in season 1 .
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Hell to the no.

First of all the Vixen on the screen is not even the real one, so what development would the comic one gain from this show, also the showing of her abilities have been poor.
    How about that gorilla spirit ?