BANNED

Default New Super-Man and the Justice League of China #22 Preview/Discussion

Always Rakzo

Thought this was a solid read. Good character and plot development.

I just wish the series had a better artist, it just makes the whole book worse.

I really liked the issue. So so much happened.

- whats everyones thoughts on alpacas return. It was nice to see her again but im not sure about her intentions, is she good? Bad? Somewhere in between? I dont really like her costume that much, im still rooting for her to become Baixi's Robin

- Super ultimate power mode Kenan is cool, i agree with whoever said on the other thread that it is likely he is out of balance.

- whats everyones thoughts on where it will go from here

I liked it very much. Wish the sales were better. I think a lot more people would enjoy this if they just picked up a copy and read it. The JLC is going to be doing a lot of ass kicking in the near future and I'm looking forward to it.

God it's so unfair that Yang is able to consistently put out such quality yet no one is reading it. I love Super-Man Blanco. I wish this could be kept alive to issue 50. Or spinned off into a Justice League of China.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    God it's so unfair that Yang is able to consistently put out such quality yet no one is reading it. I love Super-Man Blanco. I wish this could be kept alive to issue 50. Or spinned off into a Justice League of China.
    With all that is going on with the JL line of books it would be a perfect time to relaunch this one as JLoC book in connection with all the others. That would get the book some much needed attention and might get people to at least give it a try. It's a real shame that such a quality book sells so poorly.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I really liked the issue. So so much happened.
    That's one of the many things I love about this book. The pacing is near perfect. If most other writers working for DC were telling these same stories, they'd take twice as many issues to hit all the same beats (and nowhere near as well).

whats everyones thoughts on alpacas return. It was nice to see her again but im not sure about her intentions, is she good? Bad? Somewhere in between? I dont really like her costume that much, im still rooting for her to become Baixi's Robin
    Was starting to get a little worried we wouldn't get back to Jiali so I was glad to see her.

Super ultimate power mode Kenan is cool, i agree with whoever said on the other thread that it is likely he is out of balance.
    Very interesting weakness he's got now. Kenan loses balance, I-Ching or All-Yang can take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I liked it very much. Wish the sales were better. I think a lot more people would enjoy this if they just picked up a copy and read it. The JLC is going to be doing a lot of ass kicking in the near future and I'm looking forward to it.
    99% of people I've talked to about the book who don't like it haven't even read it. They hear the premise and for one reason or another write it off as crap, despite the immense praise nearly everyone who does read it showers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    With all that is going on with the JL line of books it would be a perfect time to relaunch this one as JLoC book in connection with all the others. That would get the book some much needed attention and might get people to at least give it a try. It's a real shame that such a quality book sells so poorly.
    Yang has been very hush in response to all the people asking about the book's fate in regards to #24's solicit so I want to believe something is in the works.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    That's one of the many things I love about this book. The pacing is near perfect. If most other writers working for DC were telling these same stories, they'd take twice as many issues to hit all the same beats (and nowhere near as well).
    So true. The pacing is why I love this book so much. Well it and the world building and characters.

Was starting to get a little worried we wouldn't get back to Jiali so I was glad to see her.
    I was glad to see her too.

Very interesting weakness he's got now. Kenan loses balance, I-Ching or All-Yang can take over.
    Very interesting indeed and also very different from Kal's weakness. I like it.

99% of people I've talked to about the book who don't like it haven't even read it. They hear the premise and for one reason or another write it off as crap, despite the immense praise nearly everyone who does read it showers on it.
    A lot of the people I've talked to have said that they found Kenan's attitude at the beginning a huge turn off for them as well so they dropped the book. I do keep trying to get some of them to give it a second chance but so far not many of them have done so, which is sad because the book is awesome and well written but they won't give it the time of day. Sometimes I really hate how fans can be. They want the things that they want right now and can't be bothered to wait to see how a character they may not like at first develops over time.

Yang has been very hush in response to all the people asking about the book's fate in regards to #24's solicit so I want to believe something is in the works.
    I remain hopeful that something is in the works myself. I'm already losing too many books I've been enjoying to recent changes so I'd hate to lose this one on top of that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG