Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    C'mon. I think that Jean searching the help of fucking Namor to ease human/mutants relations should be a topic of debate. It is an odd choice, no matter how you look at it.
    Well, she could pick some other prominent mutant with a voice at the UN. Oh wait, the only other one was Magneto, back when he was leader of Genosha, and he's also a mass-murderer (and no longer has a voice at the UN...).

So I guess Namor's literally her only choice. Or one of the other national leaders who is occasionally mutant-friendly, like T'Challa or Von Doom. (Oh, heads would explode if Von Doom opened up Latveria as a mutant sanctuary state...)

And as long as she doesn't have Sabertooth, Mystique, Magneto, Deadpool, Emma, Banshee, Rogue, Frenzy, etc. on her team, I'd say she's well below the curve for former supervillains.

I mean, really, we're well past the point of being able to field an entire X-team of former villains. There's a friggin' mutant Brood at the school these days, as well as a kid version of just about everyone, including Krakoa and Apocalypse. (And I say this as someone who *liked* Evan 'Genesis!')

Mighty Member

Yamada Leon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, she could pick some other prominent mutant with a voice at the UN. Oh wait, the only other one was Magneto, back when he was leader of Genosha, and he's also a mass-murderer (and no longer has a voice at the UN...).
    Thinking that Magneto's support could somehow improve human/mutant relations would also be a pretty dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So I guess Namor's literally her only choice. Or one of the other national leaders who is occasionally mutant-friendly, like T'Challa or Von Doom. (Oh, heads would explode if Von Doom opened up Latveria as a mutant sanctuary state...)
    Namor shouldn't even be a choice at all. He only is because Taylor made him one. Atlantis is the kind of "nation" that spends more time destroyed than whole, and Namor is the kind of Head of State whose idea of diplomacy is "I will find a random lawyer in NYC and he shall sue the world for me. If he fails, I shall destroy NY". Prior to X-Men Red #1, I don't think Atlantis ever had a chair at the UN.

And yes, Wakanda's support should suffice.

Incredible Member

Just as I thought. Finally I can get some Storm/Jean action. Thank you Cassandra for having Storm finally recognize the elephant in the room. These sisters are very near and dear to each other which is why I figured Cassandra would nab Storm over any other X character when it relates to Jean.

Namor already banged Emma so hes basically on the team to bang Jean as well. Sad that hes regulated to getting Cyclops hand me downs...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Namor already banged Emma so hes basically on the team to bang Jean as well.
    The sad state of the X-Women.

Once powerful characters, now they aren't even smart enough to avoid falling in love with a violent villain that kills civilians whenever he is angered because "he looks good when he is manspreading".

Bravo!

BANNED

The sad state of the X-Women.

Once powerful characters, now they aren't even smart enough to avoid falling in love with a violent villain that kills civilians whenever he is angered because "he looks good when he is manspreading".

Bravo!
    Are you sure YOU'RE not the one with the crush on Namor and his manspreading?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That would be Emma Frost, I believe, as Gillen's run made very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I am.
    One Hundred Percent.
    Me.
    Over here.
    With the Nam-spreading. We need NamOOOOAARRRRRR spreading.
    All spreading all the time.
    LOVE.

BANNED

See?

As long as the character manspreads sexily, he is free to kill as many civilians as he wants and be as violent as it gets.

Sue Storm agrees, Emma Frost agrees, the guy above me agrees. Soon Jean Grey will agree, too.

Meanwhile, questioning this kind of logic is a "**** debate".

Astonishing Member

C'mon. I think that Jean searching the help of fucking Namor to ease human/mutants relations should be a topic of debate. It is an odd choice, no matter how you look at it.
    I agree with The Ray to a certain extent. Having Namor on the team does open up Jean's diplomatic soultion angle to criticism, but we are only three issues into a 12 issue and at the team hasnt honestly been truly assembly yet
    We dont know whether or not Taylor will address this issue. On top of that you don't even know if jeans team goes public yet so far they've been working covertly and it looks like they'll soon be kicked out of wakanda. I mean even in the flash-forward it looks like they're still operating in the shadows.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    It feels like i'm reading the same issue everytime.
    Unfortunately, I kind feel the same way. The pacing feels extremely slow, and I don't see why Taylor felt the need to create Trinary when she seemingly has the exact same powers as Hijack. At least with Hijack you wouldn't have to waste panel space on an origin story, and Hijack has a far more impressive feat than Trinary (while she took control of a Sentinel, he took control of an entire SHIELD helicarrier. Twice).

I was just expecting so much from this book, and I hate to see how it's disappointed me so far. I also think Cassandra Nova should've stayed gone. Don't care for her as a villain.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I am.
    One Hundred Percent.
    Me.
    Over here.
    With the Nam-spreading. We need NamOOOOAARRRRRR spreading.
    All spreading all the time.
    LOVE.
    Oh me too! "No one.........man-spreads like Namor...no one spins heads like Namor...all of his muscles are intimidating"

See?

As long as the character manspreads sexily, he is free to kill as many civilians as he wants and be as violent as it gets.

Sue Storm agrees, Emma Frost agrees, the guy above me agrees. Soon Jean Grey will agree, too.

Meanwhile, questioning this kind of logic is a "**** debate".
    Just because someone finds him attractive automatically means they're ok with genocide?

BANNED

When is the last time we had a thread this long for an issue this good?

We used to go ham in the Fraction days, but that was because those comics were bad. 27 pages for a positively received book is pretty long.

Jean bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    When is the last time we had a thread this long for an issue this good?

We used to go ham in the Fraction days, but that was because those comics were bad. 27 pages for a positively received book is pretty long.

Jean bomb?
    its not this long bc it’s good (which it is). Dumb debate of the month is driving the numbers as was the case last month with Trinary’s crime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    its not this long bc it’s good (which it is). Dumb debate of the month is driving the numbers as was the case last month with Trinary’s crime
    Yup. Just going round and round and round in circles.