Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Are those feats mentioned specifically against Cassandra Nova?
    No, i'm just saying all her mental defenses. I don't have a problem with this, just saying to that other user making comments like that sure will create a fanwank...on both sides.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-11-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I guess storms the new member, and freed from the horror of gold.
    This means if they launch an Excalibur book, the entire Gold team will have been replaced. If Kitty, Colossus, and Rachel go off there, and Ororo and Kurt to Red, that just leaves Logan, who already left.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ok, maybe I'm overanalyzing it but . . . when Cassie poured that mysterious vial over dead Kyle and told him to protect Wakanda and now Storm is saying protect Wakanda . . . No connection huh?

Storm mind controlled? I see a storm of scans about feats coming.

This was kinda slow and too much Honey something whining for my taste. I hope Storm joins the team, I can get behing Jean/Storm/Kutt/Gambit and ignore the rest.
    Last edited by Luckystar.; 04-11-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm overanalyzing it but . . . when Cassie poured that mysterious vial over dead Kyle and told him to protect Wakanda and now Storm is saying protect Wakanda . . . No connection huh?
    She wasn't pouring it over the kid; I think there's just some poor visual storytelling going on. In panel 5, CN is turning away from the kid's prone body and entering the door we saw in the hallway. The in panel 6, she's standing over another prone/sleeping body with the vial, which is presumably Storm. The audience is supposed to get that she moved from the hallway to Storm's bedroom between panels, but the transition wasn't done very well.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope this doesn't become a fight.

Storm has very strong mental defences nobody denies that, the thing is that cassie is on another level. she can telepathically screw xavier using cerebro and emma frost. It's not humilliating to be mindcontrolled by her.

Going by the last 2 yrs of storm cannon it makes sense that Cassie could influence her mind. It’ll be nice to see Storm and Jean together.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    She wasn't pouring it over the kid; I think there's just some poor visual storytelling going on. In panel 5, CN is turning away from the kid's prone body and entering the door we saw in the hallway. The in panel 6, she's standing over another prone/sleeping body with the vial, which is presumably Storm. The audience is supposed to get that she moved from the hallway to Storm's bedroom between panels, but the transition wasn't done very well.
    Ah, ok. I see it now. Makes more sense.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I guess storms the new member, and freed from the horror of gold.
    No it doesnt. Kurt and ororo are still in gold but also in red.
    X-Men Forever

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Storm has very strong mental defences nobody denies that, the thing is that cassie is on another level. she can telepathically screw xavier using cerebro and emma frost. It's not humilliating to be mindcontrolled by her.
    This.

Not only that it makes more sense to be Storm than anyone else, because there is a shared history between Jean, Storm, and Cassandra Nova. Storm was after all the leader of the team that stopped her during Uncanny X-Force, though I chalk that victory up to Psylocke.

The point is that Cassandra is THE strongest telepath in the world. You can't beat her unless you're another telepath, and a skilled one at that. Honestly, brainwashing or not Storm is already having decent """FEATS""" here compared to Gold where she can get nothing done without Stormcaster.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This isn't that complicated. Several characters have mental defenses. Depending on the story, writers will have people overcome those mental defenses from time to time. CN is powerful enough that one can imagine her overcoming a sleeping Storm's mental defense. **** happens. Just because one defeats an individual 1 time doesn't mean they can never be defeated by that person another time.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Storm was definitely the one that Cassandra brainwashed. It ain't Kyle. Just accept it, Cassandra's psi-powers are better than Storm's defenses. That's canon now. It makes sense too because Cassandra knows Ororo.

God this thread is gonna turn into a Storm fanwank ain't it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's an X-Men related forum, of course there's going to be a fight. Even worse, it involves Storm, so...

On a related note, really good issue, happy to see Storm being actually used and the possibility that she joins the team is neat. Just the pacing feels a bit weird compared to #1.

Do we know what the vial's contents were/are? More microsentinels perhaps?

As for the issue, good story overall, glad to see Gambit didn't completely screw things up as he kept his death toll down to just one person which is already an improvement over all the dead people he left in his wake in Gold with the Nanogate.

It will be interesting to see how he joins up with the team and would be uber excited if Storm joins the cast as Gambit and Storm are always great together. In fact, Jean, Storm, Gambit, X-23, and Nightcrawler are some of my favorite characters and if you combine Gentle, Gabby, Trinary, and Namor then that team has a pretty diverse set of powers that can handle just about anything you throw at them.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.