Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Unfortunately, I kind feel the same way. The pacing feels extremely slow, and I don't see why Taylor felt the need to create Trinary when she seemingly has the exact same powers as Hijack. At least with Hijack you wouldn't have to waste panel space on an origin story, and Hijack has a far more impressive feat than Trinary (while she took control of a Sentinel, he took control of an entire SHIELD helicarrier. Twice).
    I like Hijack and would like to see more of him, but this doesn't make any sense to me. Yes, they have the same powerset, but Jean wasn't recruiting a technopath, the origin story is the story being told, it's what Tom Taylor wanted to do.

There's no wasting of space, Jean isn't looking for Mutants with certain powers for her team, it's forming as a result of the way the story is unfolding. How could Hijack (or as was previously suggested repeatedly on this tread, Cypher, who isn't as perfect a 1:1 comparison as David/Hijack), serve the role she's served in this story? Not her powers, but the role of a newly emerged young mutant turned in by her parents to authorities, to show the current state of anti-Mutant hysteria.

David (and Cypher) are single adults and known quantities in the Mutant community, and they wouldn't fit in the story.

It's decompressed, I agree. This feels like an arc written for the collection, absolutely, but the idea that inclusion of Trinary as wasted time would seem to presuppose that her creation by the author was circumstantial/incidental to the story itself, or somehow unintentional.

I wonder if the last member is simply Trinary's pet sentinel...that's a disappointment!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I wonder if the last member is simply Trinary's pet sentinel...that's a disappointment!
    I'm really hoping it's Storm. She should have a pretty big axe to grind against Cassie now.

Cassandra Nova story should last a few arcs then lead into an X-event. She's too big a villain to discard after one arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cassandra Nova story should last a few arcs then lead into an X-event. She's too big a villain to discard after one arc
    Charles is back so why isn't Cassie his problem?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    Because we don't know how the timeline shakes out, or if he even KNOWS she's causing trouble.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I agree with this. There needs to be a build up over several arcs. She needs to reintroduce herself to the MU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because we don't know how the timeline shakes out, or if he even KNOWS she's causing trouble.
    or if HE is causing trouble. I think he may have used the reality warping of Proteus to use the body of Fantomex as spare parts for creating himself a new young Xavier body. Killing Fantomex and EVA, and being responsible for unleashing Proteus. (it was confirmed Xavier used the body of Fantomex to make himself a new body, he isn't in the body of Fantomex with the powers of Fantomex)

Perhaps Cassandra was also a psychic ghost in the astral plane

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    Your assuming he lives. Or is good. Rember he and shadow king have the same voice box colors. We dont know if Neo xavier is good yet.

BANNED

So, when Kyle suggested that Cassandra Nova is "scared of her", do you think he meant Ororo?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KsiulOfomH...600/RCO004.jpg

I mean, Cassie Nova did come to the mansion for Storm and it looks like she likely ambushed Ororo in her sleep. Given that Nova is supposed to be in the Xavier-class power (she has no feats to compete with Xavier back this claim up, but being his psychic twin, she supposedly has power to rival his), it wouldn't make sense for her to be afraid of Jean, and she doesn't seem to be here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg

So, given that she is trying to take Storm in her sleep, maybe what Kyle is saying is Cassie Nova is being cautious in approaching Storm given that canonically, Storm has the showings to prove she has what it takes to take Nova down. What do you guys think?

I mean, given how Nova usually takes on the X-Men, in the past, she just barged into the mansion and took people down. Here, however, she sneaks in invisible to everybody with Storm as her target.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    So, when Kyle suggested that Cassandra Nova is "scared of her", do you think he meant Ororo?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KsiulOfomH...600/RCO004.jpg

I mean, Cassie Nova did come to the mansion for Storm and it looks like she likely ambushed Ororo in her sleep. Given that Nova is supposed to be in the Xavier-class power (she has no feats to compete with Xavier back this claim up, but being his psychic twin, she supposedly has power to rival his), it wouldn't make sense for her to be afraid of Jean, and she doesn't seem to be here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r2Lpn9g2aZ...600/RCO028.jpg

So, given that she is trying to take Storm in her sleep, maybe what Kyle is saying is Cassie Nova is being cautious in approaching Storm given that canonically, Storm has the showings to prove she has what it takes to take Nova down. What do you guys think?

I mean, given how Nova usually takes on the X-Men, in the past, she just barged into the mansion and took people down. Here, however, she sneaks in invisible to everybody with Storm as her target.
    Considering she sent Storm after Jean, I doubt it. She's afraid of Jean — and Jean JUST threatened her plans, forcing her to kill the British ambassador — so is sending Storm after her to prevent her from interfering further.

Cassandra is being stealthy because she's probably not wanting to tip off the X-Men she's back.

I think she may be talking about Trinery hence why she kept her locked up. I don't know if the Psychic Kyle picked up on that.

And Trinery would make sense because Nova's Modus operandi are sentinels and well she is a technopath.

I can't see Nova afraid of any telepath given she walzed in with the Cuckoo's, Jean Phoenix, Emma and Xavier there.
    Also drove Oracle crazy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    or if HE is causing trouble. I think he may have used the reality warping of Proteus to use the body of Fantomex as spare parts for creating himself a new young Xavier body. Killing Fantomex and EVA, and being responsible for unleashing Proteus. (it was confirmed Xavier used the body of Fantomex to make himself a new body, he isn't in the body of Fantomex with the powers of Fantomex)

Perhaps Cassandra was also a psychic ghost in the astral plane
    Or, since her last escape Cassie went back to the sewers and slowly built herself a new body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Considering she sent Storm after Jean, I doubt it. She's afraid of Jean — and Jean JUST threatened her plans, forcing her to kill the British ambassador — so is sending Storm after her to prevent her from interfering further.

Cassandra is being stealthy because she's probably not wanting to tip off the X-Men she's back.
    Jean doesn't make sense. Non-PIS'd Nova could wipe Jean out in a fight no problem. I was thinking she was afraid of Storm when she came for her because of the threat non-PIS'd Storm poses to telepaths. So, she had to be cautious to take Ororo unawares.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm really hoping it's Storm. She should have a pretty big axe to grind against Cassie now.
    Yeah, I can't see Storm just walking away after being mind-controlled. She'll want Cassandra's head for this violation!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!