Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Really didn't think it was going to be Storm, I hope this means she stays on the team (and giver her a freaking chance to talk to T'Challa outside of his book). We need some sister bonding time as well.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Do we know what the vial's contents were/are? More microsentinels perhaps?
    Presumably yes, given that this is the way that Cassandra seems to be controlling people.

Also of note: Cassandra has a long history with sentinels too, going back to her first appearance. Taylor is really staying true to his villain and I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Really didn't think it was going to be Storm, I hope this means she stays on the team (and giver her a freaking chance to talk to T'Challa outside of his book). We need some sister bonding time as well.
    I'd love that. Taylor has said Gambit isn't the last team member, and has been keeping quiet about who it actually is. Plus it'd give the book some more much needed star power.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

How does one even have defenses against telepathy if they aren't one?

BANNED

Pet Sentinels are inherently offensive. Super gross.

I also had to lol at Team Jean versus Cambridge Analytica and Gambit versus tiki nazis. Topical Taylor strikes again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Storm was definitely the one that Cassandra brainwashed. It ain't Kyle. Just accept it, Cassandra's psi-powers are better than Storm's defenses. That's canon now. It makes sense too because Cassandra knows Ororo.

God this thread is gonna turn into a Storm fanwank ain't it.
    Indomitable will and all that... Get thee back Cassandra Nova -- I mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    How does one even have defenses against telepathy if they aren't one?
    Its been established that telepathy isn’t required in order to defend against it. Some characters have natural defenses to that protect them, some have artificial defenses and some have combos of natural defenses that can be augmented/enhanced.

BANNED

I wonder when does Namor come in to kick some butt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Its been established that telepathy isn’t required in order to defend against it. Some characters have natural defenses to that protect them, some have artificial defenses and some have combos of natural defenses that can be augmented/enhanced.
    Right and Storm is on the short list of those with both a natural resistance and psychic defensive training. Magneto, Kitty, Gambit, Magik, Bishop and Rogue are some others.

Gentle is supposed to have a "big moment" in #4 so.I wwonder if he helps stop Storm. Also,

STOOOORRRRRRMMMMMM!!!!!!! PLEASE LET HER JOIN THE TEAM! SHE KNOWS EVERYONE (ofc sans Trinary) ON THE TEAM ALREADY!

I really hope this battle is done tastetfully.

It was Ok issue. I think I liked 2 previous much more.
    Sentinel fight wasn`t very exciting.

Gambit scenes wasn`t exciting either. And no reason to kill that girl really. Felt forced.
    Happy that Gambit wasn`t the one to be brainwashed or needed to be saved.

Storm was a surprise for me. I think she will have a big role in RED.

So now this team is 9 characters. It need to be bimonthly or characters won`t have enough of time to shine.

I am incredibly disappointed in this series.

First issue was pretty much exactly like X-Men: Gold #1(but somehow felt even worse), second was plain stupid, third is just weak. Tone is way too serious and over dramatic. The whole thing just feels try hard.

I think I've figured out what bugs me about Gabby. She's that annoying version of Spider-Man in team books. But it's worse, because at least in case of Spider-Man, every characters keep pointing out that he's being annoying. No such luck here.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    As for the issue, good story overall, glad to see Gambit didn't completely screw things up as he kept his death toll down to just one person which is already an improvement over all the dead people he left in his wake in Gold with the Nanogate.

It will be interesting to see how he joins up with the team and would be uber excited if Storm joins the cast as Gambit and Storm are always great together. In fact, Jean, Storm, Gambit, X-23, and Nightcrawler are some of my favorite characters and if you combine Gentle, Gabby, Trinary, and Namor then that team has a pretty diverse set of powers that can handle just about anything you throw at them.
    If it were up to me that would be the entire team. Not a fan of huge rosters where some characters only get one or two lines per issue, honestly that's my biggest concern with this book especially considering that is a monthly title.

It feels like i'm reading the same issue everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    If it were up to me that would be the entire team. Not a fan of huge rosters where some characters only get one or two lines per issue, honestly that's my biggest concern with this book especially considering that is a monthly title.
    Yeah. Roster is too big for a monthly book.