Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

My letter was first, yay!

I loved the issue, Tom Taylor really nails that scene with Trinary and Jean on the sentinel. I found it kinda funny that the mutant that Gambit tried to help was named Cara, because the artist for BOOM!’s Dodge City is named Cara, she has blue hair, and she loves Gambit.

I think the moment with Gambit is gonna cause him to seek Jean out to join her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so don't mind storm being mind controlled in the way she was since she was sleep and cassandra is a high level telepath. I am just hoping storm is able to break free under her own will power. nevertheless, if i were xmen red team i would be terrified. they are about to go against the Hadari Yao. and it's not going to be pretty.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The roster isn't too big, it's just kind of that not everyone will show up every issue. It seems pretty clear that the core team is only five or six members - Jean, Laura, Gabby, Kurt, and Trinary. MAYBE Gambit.

I don't know how people can think that the issues are the same as anything else, let alone the same as each other. I understand maybe being disappointed by it (though I disagree), but each issue has been pretty distinctive from anything we've gotten in Gold and Blue (apart from dealing with Sentinels) and distinctive from the other issues of the book itself.

I think the team will be fine fighting against Storm, even though it'll be a challenge. Jean is one of, if not the, strongest mutant(s) on the planet and both Jean and Kurt have worked with her for a while - plus, you know, Gentle and maybe Namor.

I had a thought. Psychic defenses aside, Cassandra isn't using JUST her telepathy to control these people... she's using the nanosentinels as well. So it really is fine that it's Storm getting brainwashed.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I am incredibly disappointed in this series.

First issue was pretty much exactly like X-Men: Gold #1(but somehow felt even worse), second was plain stupid, third is just weak. Tone is way too serious and over dramatic. The whole thing just feels try hard.

I think I've figured out what bugs me about Gabby. She's that annoying version of Spider-Man in team books. But it's worse, because at least in case of Spider-Man, every characters keep pointing out that he's being annoying. No such luck here.
    Well Taylor isn't going to say bad things about his future wife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Gentle is supposed to have a "big moment" in #4 so.I wwonder if he helps stop Storm. Also,

STOOOORRRRRRMMMMMM!!!!!!! PLEASE LET HER JOIN THE TEAM! SHE KNOWS EVERYONE (ofc sans Trinary) ON THE TEAM ALREADY!
    I’d rather Storm stay and support her surrogate daughter than join the Worst Best Friend Ever’s team. Gold just needs a new writer.

This was too short! This title should be bimonthly

Anyway, great issue. I want a Storm and Jean bonding moment. Hope we get that on #4

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm still enjoying this. Sentinel was taken out rather easily, and I'd prefer more of the team going up against it, but that's what happens when you have a powerset like Trinary on the squad. "Getting the band back together" typically drags on for too long, and I think that's the books biggest problem. It doesn't bother me, but I can see why people don't care for it. While I find Honey Badger endearing, she does take up too much panel time, and I don't think its necessary. The biggest take away from this issue was the person being used by Nova. I'm surprised that it was Storm, although that ending scene with her hovering, and that swirl of clouds around Wakanda was a badass intro. Don't care for her being mind controlled, but if this ends with her joining the team, and having Jean/Storm moments, then I'm fine with that. She deserves to be treated with respect, and I think Taylor can do that for Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I had a thought. Psychic defenses aside, Cassandra isn't using JUST her telepathy to control these people... she's using the nanosentinels as well. So it really is fine that it's Storm getting brainwashed.
    Agreed. They made a point of revealing the humans were controlled by something technological as a segue to Ororo being taken under. So it's something Jean can't easily address and Trinary has to be careful in handling lest she fries the person's brain.

I was hoping the old friend would be Storm. It follows with both the emotional connection and that Storm is one of a handful of X-Men that could actually cause problems for a team with the likes of Jean, Kurt, and Laura.

So after Rover in Here Comes Tomorrow, Justin's Sentinel in Young Avengers, Cerebra in Extraordinay X-Men, we now AGAIN have a house pet Sentinel? How bloody original.

Another issue I enjoyed.

I do think, if the cast continues to grow, it should be bi-monthly so no one is overlooked. The book has done well so far with just the core crew getting panel time.

I personally think Gabby is cute, and a needed young voice. Trinary is shaping up to be interesting, at least as far as her power set. I'm looking forward to her being developed more.

Storm wasn't a surprise for me. I really couldn't think who else it might be, that would make sense and deliver a punch.

I like how Taylor is inserting real world issues in the story, with social media influencing behavior. I also like that they're in street clothes, not costumes.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 04-11-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Loved it.

Btw, I can see how this comic would be a big no for more conservative-minded folks.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    So after Rover in Here Comes Tomorrow, Justin's Sentinel in Young Avengers, Cerebra in Extraordinay X-Men, we now AGAIN have a house pet Sentinel? How bloody original.
    I mean at the end of the issue spoilers:
    the sentinel gets pretty fried, so who knows how long it's going to stick around.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm still enjoying this. Sentinel was taken out rather easily, and I'd prefer more of the team going up against it, but that's what happens when you have a powerset like Trinary on the squad. "Getting the band back together" typically drags on for too long, and I think that's the books biggest problem. It doesn't bother me, but I can see why people don't care for it. While I find Honey Badger endearing, she does take up too much panel time, and I don't think its necessary. The biggest take away from this issue was the person being used by Nova. I'm surprised that it was Storm, although that ending scene with her hovering, and that swirl of clouds around Wakanda was a badass intro. Don't care for her being mind controlled, but if this ends with her joining the team, and having Jean/Storm moments, then I'm fine with that. She deserves to be treated with respect, and I think Taylor can do that for Ororo.
    I don't think Storm is joining the team. She wasn't with them in the flash forward in Seareabro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I think Storm shot down the Sentinel, hopefully it stays dead.

I like this book, but it would be better if it was bimonthly, because the plot is moving slowly.

Humans being programmed to hate mutants was already done by Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't think she took up THAT much panel, but I kinda agree she's very.....what's the word...i'll find it.