Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't think Storm is joining the team. She wasn't with them in the flash forward in Seareabro.
    Gambit wasn't there either, they could be trying not spoil some things

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The roster isn't too big, it's just kind of that not everyone will show up every issue.
    I hope that's not the case, because if that's how this is going to work then to me that's very disappointing.
    I like a stable cast with maybe one guest star per arc, otherwise it's extremely difficult to build connexions and develop meaningful relationships between the characters if everyone keep rotating constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think I've figured out what bugs me about Gabby. She's that annoying version of Spider-Man in team books. But it's worse, because at least in case of Spider-Man, every characters keep pointing out that he's being annoying. No such luck here.
    I agree, the "adorkable" act is annoying. That's what happens when obvious pet character is obvious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I am incredibly disappointed in this series.

I think I've figured out what bugs me about Gabby. She's that annoying version of Spider-Man in team books. But it's worse, because at least in case of Spider-Man, every characters keep pointing out that he's being annoying. No such luck here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I agree, the "adorkable" act is annoying. That's what happens when obvious pet character is obvious.
    OMG...you guys are right. I never really thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't think she took up THAT much panel, but I kinda agree she's very.....what's the word...i'll find it.
    I like Gabby, but a little goes a long way, especially when there's a new character on the team and established characters that I'd appreciate getting more time on the page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I wonder when does Namor come in to kick some butt.
    Never, if we are lucky.

Namor only exists to create shitty relationship drama. It was like this with the F4, it was like this when he was part of the X-Men, it will be like this again if he starts appearing more.

Jean Remy and Storm, GREAT.

I'm loving Asrar's art

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Never, if we are lucky.

Namor only exists to create shitty relationship drama. It was like this with the F4, it was like this when he was part of the X-Men, it will be like this again if he starts appearing more.
    Nah, he is cool when writers move past the relationship part. I loved him when hickman wrote him, Namor can be serious, regal, badass and with some delightful moral ambiguity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nah, he is cool when writers move past the relationship part.
    He is, therefore, never cool.

By issue 10, Jean and Laura will be rivals because both will be in love with him.

Spectacular Member

Oh, so it's time to moan about Gabby, is it? Get a grip. There's always a character people say is amazing and would love to see more of, but when it's no longer the taste of the week, they start whinging about it. And then it becomes a naval carrier sized bandwagon. You like Gabby, you don't like her anymore. You like Kitty, you don't like her anymore. Same with Cyclops - people were all for him, then it descended into pure hatred of the character, but once he died everybody won't stop crying for him to come back. Soon people will start moaning about Jean: "I just don't see her as a team leader! She is not meant to be so powerful! The only interesting part about her character was the Phoenix! Cyclops could have done it better! Taylor is just a Jean fanboy!"

Ughhhhhh..
    Last edited by tornshattered; 04-11-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: I'm in iPad hell

I love that Storm is here and most likely gonna join the team. I hate all the petty arguing that's gonna come with it.

I'm curious how long Storm is going to be under Cassie's control. Will this be resolved next issue or will it be an ongoing thing? Red's timeline seems to be wholly separate from the other x-line.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    Oh, so it's time to moan about Gabby, is it? Get a grip. There's always a character people say is amazing and would love to see more of, but when it's no longer the taste of the week, they start whinging about it. And then it becomes a naval carrier sized bandwagon. You like Gabby, you don't like her anymore. You like Kitty, you don't like her anymore. Same with Cyclops - people were all for him, then it descended into pure hatred of the character, but once he died everybody won't stop crying for him to come back. Soon people will start moaning about Jean: "I just don't see her as a team leader! She is not meant to be so powerful! The only interesting part about her character was the Phoenix! Cyclops could have done it better! Taylor is just a Jean fanboy!"

Ughhhhhh..
    That's a case of different things please different people. No matter what's done, everyone won't like it. And the naysayers will be more vocal because displeasure is a stronger emotion. lol

Some wanted more Gabby. The ones complaining may not have, and were fine with her sticking to ANW. Some love OML and want more of him. Some are tired of OML and want less of him. But fans won't get it both ways. So someone's gonna be complaining. Pairings. Some love a certain pairing, and will be all over it when it comes up. Others who don't support it will complain & rant when it happens.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Given that Trinary makes the new costumes and what we know about the nanosentinels, what if they're made specifically to keep Cassandra from controlling any of the team members?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey