Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Magnetos Galactus blocking shields got busted by Havok and Emma.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Good issue good book.

Magneto awesomeness check

Briar being creepy and mysterious check

Polaris at least overtaking AU Malice and becoming leader of a new team check

Emma and Havok at least getting to perform sort of cool in a battle check

My main disappointments were actually with Miss Sinister and Bastion they seemed rather weak and ineffective didn't they? I mean idk. They seem like they're just there in the background to "be menacing" while most focus is on Emma and Havok who we know are planning to turn against them anyway. Meh.

Also not a fan of Raksha living through what Malice-infused Polaris did, I feel it takes away any moral consequence to the possession and made it almost like nothing even happened.

The after story with Neo O5 had some nice Jott stuff hopefully people obsessed that Bunn was doing a love triangle (or love quadrilateral) with Jean/Cyke/Jimmy Hudson/Bloodstorm can relax now.

Looking forward to the next issue, this one was very much transitional/setup.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I feel like Havok's ambient energy absorption should have some effect on the powers of Magneto (and Polaris)

I would be against Emma and Havok being together, more because he is currently mentally ill (she would be sleeping with a man with the opposite of his natural personality because of a spell from Wanda and Doom), than because of the brother of Scott angle (which is also creepy)
    How could you not see this as just friendship because I didn't see nothing there that seems like Emma or Alex have feelings for each other. ALEX once saved Emma at the end of ivx for Cyke. Maybe because he feels like he fail to saved his brother he can at least saved the women his brother once loved. My opinion though is how I see it.

Yeah, the only thing disappointing here was that of the "New" team we only got that last page of them, so an issue less of action primarily featuring them (seems like they'll only be present and together for a three issue 'arc', but Bunn's shown he's capable with these previously in the series). However, that has made the overall story feel much more organic. I've loved Bunn's picking up of plot threads and tangible weaving of set-up together into this big pay-off arc. This is the book he should be writing.

The art wasn't as good as Molina usually delivers, there being a drop from the two issues which preceded this, but it was still more than serviceable. That last page was gorgeous, and armoured Magneto looked freaking great.

And I think that O5 short story at the end was genius. I hope that isn't the death of Danger, let Hank fix her and we can have a reunion with her when they reunite with Jean. Bunn's really about to turn someone who's been adamant on sending the O5 back into a fan just as they're about to leave. His Cyclops is tone-perfect, hitting the insecurity and pain that makes him so compelling. If adult Cyclops comes back anytime soon, I'd love to see what Bunn can do with him.

I'm still somewhat confused about the chronology of Venomised, as it seems to be set after Cry Havok, but with Magneto/Polaris both in pre-arc costumes and Jimmy showing no change. Will naturally have to see how this arc wraps up/leads into Search for Jimmy, but as of right now it appears Polaris lives and that there's no need to Search for Jimmy, because he's right there.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good issue good book.

Magneto awesomeness check

Briar being creepy and mysterious check

Polaris at least overtaking AU Malice and becoming leader of a new team check

Emma and Havok at least getting to perform sort of cool in a battle check

My main disappointments were actually with Miss Sinister and Bastion they seemed rather weak and ineffective didn't they? I mean idk. They seem like they're just there in the background to "be menacing" while most focus is on Emma and Havok who we know are planning to turn against them anyway. Meh.

Also not a fan of Raksha living through what Malice-infused Polaris did, I feel it takes away any moral consequence to the possession and made it almost like nothing even happened.

The after story with Neo O5 had some nice Jott stuff hopefully people obsessed that Bunn was doing a love triangle (or love quadrilateral) with Jean/Cyke/Jimmy Hudson/Bloodstorm can relax now.

Looking forward to the next issue, this one was very much transitional/setup.
    I get the feeling Miss Sinister will have her presence developed in Search for Jimmy, with Havok having these past three issues as main focus and Bastion getting the next three (or two, I don't see how you can finish without focusing on Havok here). With poor Emma just caught in the middle of it all.

EDIT: also completely agree on the Raksha. Developing Gazing Nightshade as the sole survivor would have really made her stand-out, without Bunn having to put too much more work into actually developing her character. This just feels like he didn't particularly want to jettison his OC completely. Maybe they die properly in the Marauder attack on the mansion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    LOL yeah, pretty much. WAS AWESOME

Ultimate Member

Or he wanted Lorna to feel bad about what happened but just for a little bit, so nothing that years from now she'd look back on with regret and sadness...to easy for them to all make full recoveries...and yeah nothing romantic with Emma and Alex...and wasn't it only Maddy that happened with...and part of that was to help whitewash Scott after what he did...

BANNED

They should've ditched the "broken powers" thing loooooong ago. It was never explained reasonably and wasn't equal to all those involved especially since Magneto wasn't even a host.

In general I think it was a little bit stupid that Emma turned Diamond immediately, instead of... you know, taking control of Erik's mind before he constructed his Helmet (which... how is it supposed to work anyways? Any Metal Helmet is Anti TP now?), but I guess that would've been too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That scene was badass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    In general I think it was a little bit stupid that Emma turned Diamond immediately, instead of... you know, taking control of Erik's mind before he constructed his Helmet (which... how is it supposed to work anyways? Any Metal Helmet is Anti TP now?), but I guess that would've been too easy.

That scene was badass.
    It should be just a helmet with the anti TP thing if he's pulling it out of literally thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post

That scene was badass.
    I think he was attacking them so as not to get hurt she became dimond.

That scene with Havok and Emma left me like this O_O it was really nice

Magneto using the drugs to survive is so ironic.

Gotta give him to the old man. He's pragmatic, if nothing else.

Good issue, especially adding the last part of the 05 with this week's Venomized.

Blue > Red this time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They should've ditched the "broken powers" thing loooooong ago. It was never explained reasonably and wasn't equal to all those involved especially since Magneto wasn't even a host.
    I honestly forgot about Magneto getting messed up powers from AvX since Blue started.m, and I’ve been loving Bunn since Magneto 1 lol. Maybe Bunn will resolve all the, now years of, leftover plots from crossovers like Axis and AvX.

What if magneto and Havok conditions flip. Havok will get Magnetos weaker and unreliable powers and magneto will get the inversion. I’m just jokingly speculating btw

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    I honestly forgot about Magneto getting messed up powers from AvX since Blue started.m, and I’ve been loving Bunn since Magneto 1 lol. Maybe Bunn will resolve all the, now years of, leftover plots from crossovers like Axis and AvX.

What if magneto and Havok conditions flip. Havok will get Magnetos weaker and unreliable powers and magneto will get the inversion. I’m just jokingly speculating btw
    Current version Magneto practically is "Inverted" to his Classic Personality though.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

I wonder how much Emma agrees with Magneto, almost wondering if Emma knows all about Alex being inverted and would use that and how to fix him as leverage to get what she wants from Magneto and Lorna...they give her what she wants and she helps them uninvert Alex...could lead to tension between Lorna and Magneto, and no jmc and Jason...not any actual fighting...