Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

What is a mutant growth hormone? I find it incredible that it can act instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Can we please keep this book without the 05...I'm really enjoying it now.
    Enjoy it while you can the 05 will be returning soon when the story involving Venon and the Poisons ends.

Bunn did well with the O5 but anyone can see a clear difference when he deals with dark characters or something similar is like if Bunn were in his natural element.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    What is a mutant growth hormone? I find it incredible that it can act instantly.
    It's a drug that amps mutant powers or temporarily gives mutant powers. In Bendis run, Mystique kidnapped Dazzler and was using her DNA to make the drug to sell in madripoor.

I think the current one in this arc is the one from The Ultimate universe, made from ultimate wolverines blood/DNA something, urgh.
    I may be wrong

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It was something Mystique was profiting off of in Madripoor originally she was using Dazzler's blood to make it but I think the drug trade has synthesized it

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    It's a drug that amps mutant powers or temporarily gives mutant powers. In Bendis run, Mystique kidnapped Dazzler and was using her DNA to make the drug to sell in madripoor.

I think the current one in this arc is the one from The Ultimate universe, made from ultimate wolverines blood/DNA something, urgh.
    I may be wrong
    Mothervine in this arc is made from Jimmy's blood but there is a reason for that. Back in the mini Ultimate Comics: Wolverine, it was revealed that Mothervine was a drug created in order to create controlled occurrences of mutants by a shady organization (can't remember if they were named) but was stolen by Magda, who had a bit of a flirtatious relationship with Logan. She used her own body as a way of stealing the Mothervine unaware that at the time she was pregnant with Jimmy resulting in the chemical being passed on to Jimmy in his DNA. Thus they're able to harvest Mothervine from Jimmy's blood.

When does Venomized take place in relation to X-Men Blue?

Cullen Bunn: VENOMIZED takes place after X-MEN BLUE 28.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com
    A timeline update.

Spectacular Member

MGH has been around a lot longer than Mystique's Madripoor drug ring.

Bendis had it around it as a street drug first in Alias and Daredevil 15 years ago, and the idea was introduced as discovered by Beast in Amazing Adventures 11, in 1970.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    MGH has been around a lot longer than Mystique's Madripoor drug ring.

Bendis had it around it as a street drug first in Alias and Daredevil 15 years ago, and the idea was introduced as discovered by Beast in Amazing Adventures 11, in 1970.
    I believe that Vanisher was also peddling it in Uncanny X-Men during Joe Casey's run. Warren Worthington and Stacy-X squeezed him out of the business.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I found it shocking that Alexander could not defeat Magneto by himself. He has spent years training to defeat Polaris in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I found it shocking that Alexander could not defeat Magneto by himself. He has spent years training to defeat Polaris in combat.
    Well this time he did manage to make enough heat start to bounce around inside the force bubble to toss the wielder off their concentration as he never quite managed to move around the atoms inside that much before though he has cooked Lorna a little bit at times.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    The Magneto scenes reminded me of some of his best moments in the Magneto solo. They were really great moments for the character. The almost tear in his eye at the end packed an amazing amount of emotion in and of itself.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-13-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Why do you keep calling him Alexander? That’s not something that’s ever used

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Magneto scenes reminded me of some of his best moments in the Magneto solo. They were really great moments for the character. The almost tear in his eye at the end packed an amazing amount of emotion in and of itself.
    That's cullen bunn for you, his magneto never dissapoints

Ultimate Member

The problem with Magneto and family is that later on any familial connection blows up in his face, often because of something that he's done...it's happened with Wand and Pietro and will happen in one way or another with Lorna in the future...and no I'm not saying that Alex would play any part at all in it...he wouldn't have to...

enjoyed the first part immensely but immediately closed my comic when the O5 showed up. i have grown beyond tired of reading them.

it's past time they were sent away for good. they ate page time from an otherwise good comic book.