Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Apparently Blue #31 is Bunn's favourite issue of the series so far, so I'm pretty excited.

Loads of interesting tidbits on his tumblr today

BANNED

Thought this had some funny stuff in it:

... He pleads with Alex to see the light, but Alex says Magneto is just a jealous hater. ...
    ... Magneto armors up and fights back. He’s kicking everyone’s ass, so Emma uses her psychic powers to boost Havok’s plasma blasts so he can fry Magneto.

But after an ejaculation of powers like that, there’s a refractory period, and Alex needs to rest.

Magneto is on the ropes now, but he takes some mutant growth hormone (don’t leave home to negotiate with villains without it) and escapes. Back at the Madripoor X-Mansion, Jimmy Hudson and Bloodstorm have returned from their mission, and they’ve brought Xorn, which is a happy coincidence since Polaris needs someone to heal all of the mutants she nearly killed.

Outside, Briar Raleigh also returns with Daken in tow. They meet Gazing Nightshade, who tells them about Polaris. Briar is sorry she missed it. Daken is intrigued that carnage turns Raleigh on. Later, Magneto returns, and Briar lectures him for being a dumbass. ...

... How many Wolverines does one team need?! We’ll find out next issue.

X-Men: Blue isn’t always the best X-book on the stands, but it’s definitely the coolest.

ThanX, Juan!

BANNED

Oh, and I now see what JMC meant by those early drafts for #29's cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

Jimmy is also no longer in his Blue outfit in the new cover and neither is Bloodstorm, but Daken is. We will see what that means.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-19-2018 at 06:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

This confuses me....so Mothervine...Hunt for Jimmy and mothervine again?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Briar need to see a doctor. she is really not well mentally
    I don't think doctors can fix long standing fetishes.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like Briar precisely because of how quirky offbeat and yeah sadomasochistic she comes across as

Sure you can say "Oh it's edge for the sake of edge" but to me it does stand out and it's a nice little like... detour from standard characterizations
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Why is she so fiercely devoted to Magneto and as a human, why does he care about her?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is she so fiercely devoted to Magneto and as a human, why does he care about her?
    He's cared about individual humans before. Lee Forrester for instance. That was sort of the very start of his reformation arc after the events of Uncanny 153 or so when he battled the X-Men and nearly killed a young jewish teen Kitty Pryde.

As for her devotion, not sure it's ever fully "explained" but she just gets a sort of rush off his aura of menace or some such
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

She is very good at stoking Magneto’s ego, actually she stokes Lorna’s ego too at times now that I think about it and she doesn’t get off on any usual kind of pain anyone could inflict on her or others.

What this issue did was confirm her fetish is not gender based.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-20-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    He's cared about individual humans before. Lee Forrester for instance. That was sort of the very start of his reformation arc after the events of Uncanny 153 or so when he battled the X-Men and nearly killed a young jewish teen Kitty Pryde.

As for her devotion, not sure it's ever fully "explained" but she just gets a sort of rush off his aura of menace or some such
    I know he's cared about humans before but there's typically been a reason bc for the most part he doesnt give humans the time of day. What is the reason with Briar?

I know he's cared about humans before but there's typically been a reason bc for the most part he doesnt give humans the time of day. What is the reason with Briar?
    The video she showed him of a young African American girl whose life he saved was enough to convince him to sleep with her so very heavy ego rubbing and she gets him drugs.

Ultimate Member

Because Bunn created her, apparently likes her as a character, and uses her to make Magneto look better...for starters...