Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Major Marvel Revelation In Spider-Man/Deadpool

The ending of today's issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool revealed something pretty major for not just Spider-Man mythos, but also the Marvel continuity as a whole...namely that Richard and Mary Parker were among the initial developers of the Life Model Decoy program.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The ending of today's issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool revealed something pretty major for not just Spider-Man mythos, but also the Marvel continuity as a whole...namely that Richard and Mary Parker were among the initial developers of the Life Model Decoy program.
    Sounds involved if someone picked up on that plot thread it could mean a whole new direction for Spider-Man. Though I am probably exaggerating.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That's funny, Spectacular did mention they helped out to gather data to create LMDs:

Either the writters were on contact about this and referenced each other, or this is a very bizarre coincidence.

Sounds like something the Ultimate Parkers would've done.

Maybe this means Teresa has been an advanced LMD the entire time ?

BANNED

Actually Teresa is a lmd made by the tinkerer and he will step out of her in the big reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like something the Ultimate Parkers would've done.
    Well, in Spectacular they did actual spy shit to help with it, not actualy make them.

Maybe this means Teresa has been an advanced LMD the entire time ?
    Then I'd wonder what the fuck is wrong with those two, 'cause Peter met some LMDs of them too lol.

It also would create a dumb plot hole about Mentalo being able to affect her, but hey, if comic books want to retcon, to hell with consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Actually Teresa is a lmd made by the tinkerer and he will step out of her in the big reveal.
    Ah yeah, he wentto that other universe with Spidey to prevent him from stopping the alien invasion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, in Spectacular they did actual spy shit to help with it, not actualy make them.

Then I'd wonder what the fuck is wrong with those two, 'cause Peter met some LMDs of them too lol.

It also would create a dumb plot hole about Mentalo being able to affect her, but hey, if comic books want to retcon, to hell with consistency.

Ah yeah, he wentto that other universe with Spidey to prevent him from stopping the alien invasion
    well obviously he is planning to sabotage them at the right moment and is bidding his time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Sounds involved if someone picked up on that plot thread it could mean a whole new direction for Spider-Man. Though I am probably exaggerating.
    Considering that one of the major selling points of Fresh Start's Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer is that something from the past will be coming back to impact his life in the present, I wouldn't be too averse to suggesting that this might be what Marvel's been teasing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

You know, given that the Chameleon is involved in all this, I can't help but wonder if this is somehow going to tie in with the Robot Spy Parents from Lifetheft...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that one of the major selling points of Fresh Start's Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer is that something from the past will be coming back to impact his life in the present, I wouldn't be too averse to suggesting that this might be what Marvel's been teasing.
    Why do I get the feeling we'll get a "LMD Saga", or "LMD Conspiracy"

Why do I get the feeling we'll get a "LMD Saga", or "LMD Conspiracy"
    Heaven forbid.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    You know, given that the Chameleon is involved in all this, I can't help but wonder if this is somehow going to tie in with the Robot Spy Parents from Lifetheft...
    my immediate thought about this too, see I'm not alone
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Astonishing Member

Well, actually, I believe this new revealed info could lead to discover that Richard and Mary Parker are actually alive, and they sent LMD to their "death" in their last mission so they could avoid the ones who wanted to kill them. Then again, when they were declared as traitors, they had to go underground.

It would be interesting if the real parents of Peter Parker appear, and we eventually discover that Teresa is really Peter's sister. This would really put Spider-Man's world upside down!! You know what else? Maybe Richard and Mary replaced Uncle Ben with a LMD the same night he was killed so they could have a "secret meeting" with him; which could mean Ben Parker has been alive this whole time too.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Then later Theresa will step out of the Tinkerer for the double reveal!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Either the writters were on contact about this and referenced each other, or this is a very bizarre coincidence.
    I'm guessing this is something the writers have been in communication about.

That last page definitely was a cool surprise. After becoming a bit fatigued with this arc, I'm all in again.