Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magic In The Air: Shadowpact Appreciation Thread

First Appearance: Day of Vengeance #1 (June 2005)

Created By: Bill Willingham

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

I wish they had more of a presence in the DCU even with the JLD being around. They were more fun and the idea of a cursed team has a lot of potential.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Agree. I love this team especially Nightshade and Blue Devil. Sad that Enchantress was also degraded back into her old self. Prefer this version much better.

I was reading the Day of Vengeance Infinite Crisis Special and I don't understand why DC just ignores almost all these magic characters.
    RCO009.jpg
    I would prefer to see most of these characters on the JLD lineup than what we got. I liked when the magic side of DC was so lively. Detective Chimp is cool to see again though.

Mighty Member

Some questions:

1: Would you recommend Shadowpact to someone (me) who was a big fan of the original Blue Devil series?

2. Now that we have Justice League Dark. Would adding this team make them redundant? Is there a way they can coexist? It may be an odd question. But I do believe in teams having a niche.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post

2. Now that we have Justice League Dark. Would adding this team make them redundant? Is there a way they can coexist?
    I want to say yes. Though it would depend on how they were written. Shadowpact used mostly obscure characters so they had a bit more freedom in terms of characterization.

SUCH a great team in the "DAY OF VENGEANCE" miniseries,the epitome of taking characters that were in limbo (no pun intended) and making them sing. A shame they couldn't sustain an ongoing.... Nightshade was a favorite, hate that her connection to Enchantress was not explored much beyond "we used to share a body".... Losing artist Justiano was also a blow to the ongoing.

Astonishing Member

I loved Doctor Gotham and Pentacle!

Great villains left to languish on the shelf.

Did anyone who is a fan of Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated notice some similarities with Shadowpact?

spoilers:
    In the show we learn that the gang are the latest in a long line of groups that have had encounters with an evil entity and all these encounters ended in tragedy but the main heroes are the one who break that cycle. Hell, Shadowpact even had it's talking animal member.
    end of spoilers

The Pentacle were a good villain team for Shadowpact too

I miss The Shadowpact soooooooooooooooooooo much!

What would you guys say to Neron as a villain for Shadowpact?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    2. Now that we have Justice League Dark. Would adding this team make them redundant? Is there a way they can coexist? It may be an odd question. But I do believe in teams having a niche.
    I really see Justice League Dark and Shadowpact as one and the same, with 'Shadowpact' being the name I prefer and 'Justice League Dark' being the name that sells.
    I'd even include Sentinels of Magic and the various gatherings from before they ever had an official name (such as Swamp Thing #50).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

An animated series will probably never happen, but if it were, here's who I'd like involved:

Creator: Michael Dante DiMartino

Cast

Kelly Hu - June Moone/Enchantress

Arden Cho - Eve Eden/Nightshade

Crispin Freeman - Blue Devil

Troy Baker - Jim Rook/Nightmaster

Tom Kenny - Detective Chimp

Will Freidle - Ragman

Grey Delisle - Witchfire

Never could quite get into JLD, but I loved Shadowpact. I guess JLD had a more Vertigo vibe, which turned me off, while Shadowpact was more of a true super-hero team. I wish DC would bring them back. A really cool team.

Peace

Shadowpact is awesome.I really wish DC would revive the team.