Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Vocal Groups - Song Sharing and Discussion

This came it me when I came across a video from the Backstreet Boys, and now, some 20+ years later, realize ust how really good they were at harmonizing with each other.

Anyone else have a favorite?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Now that's a classic.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The Temptations have been going for 60 years, though only one founding member remains.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Speaking of Backstreet Boys this may be their best song.

This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Default The Ritchie Family - Give Me A Break (1980)

Always thought that nearly the whole "Can't Stop The Music" Soundtrack could be a great source material for an AOR/Melodic Metal cross-genre cover album.

links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Default Laurenne/Louhimo - Bitch Fire

links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Default The Three Tremors - Bullets For The Damned

The name is a play on The Three Tenors, consisting of opera singers Plácido Domingo, José Carreras, and Luciano Pavarotti.
    In this case it's :
    Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-JUDAS PRIEST, ex-ICED EARTH), Sean Peck (CAGE, DENNER/SHERMANN, DEATH DEALER) & Harry Conklin (JAG PANZER)

links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

One of my favourite songs…

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fantastic Member

This is from 1975. It was a tough time for the Jackson Five. They were no longer cute little boys and had begun the process of leaving Motown. Further, middle brother Jermaine, who was the second lead singer and had decided to stay with Motown, was only rarely making appearances with the group. Here, brothers Marlon (dancing beside Michael) and Randy (on congas) lip sync Jermaine's part on The Carol Burnett Show. The song is still great though, and the choreography is fire.

Also, each brother has his likeness on the back of his shirt. Cuz ... 70s

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

That's actually very useful when you're sharing a washing machine, so you don't mix up the shirts.

The Association. Bending down to give rainbows getting meaning after fifty years.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The Comedian Harmonists were an internationally famous, all-male German close harmony ensemble that performed between 1928 and 1934 as one of the most successful musical groups in Europe before World War II. T

The group's success continued into the early 1930s, but eventually ran into trouble with the Nazi regime: three of the group members – Frommermann, Collin, and Cycowski – were either Jewish or of Jewish descent, and Bootz had married a Jewish woman. The Nazis progressively made the group's professional life more difficult, initially banning pieces by Jewish composers, and finally prohibiting them from performing in public. The group's last concert in Germany was in Hanover on March 25, 1934, after which they sailed to the United States on SS Europa and gave several concerts. Fearing internment if they stayed abroad, however, they eventually returned home amid bitter internal disputes.

In the late 90s, a successful movie was done about the group.

I have once been invited to attend a concert in a church. The singers were all men, one of them being my egg merchant. They sang many diverse songs, not all religious. My favourite was the first one. Here it is, sung by the Orpheus group:

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, and Emmylou Harris team up to perform a song by Neil Young