The Bride Wore Black by Cornell Woolrich

and placd an online order today for

Murder on "B" Deck by Vincent Starrett

and

The Instant Enemy by Ross Macdonald

Got delivery today of

The Case of the Baker Street Irregulars by Anthony Boucher
    <American Mystery Classics>

Still waiting for shipping information from Amazon for a couple of other books I ordered at the same time.

Got delivery today of

The Corpse Steps Out by Craig Rice
    <John J. Malone Mysteries #2>
    (© 1940 / published by Rue Morgue Press 2012)

and for my Mom,

A Page Marked for Murder by Lauren Elliott
    <A Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery #5>

I stopped by my local library's monthly book sale yesterday. My initial reason was to drop off some books for one of the women that was part of the mystery book club that was held at the library before the pandemic. I had a few books that I know she would like to read (she mainly reads cozy mysteries). So I made sure she would be there and went.

But I'm unable to resist a room full of books for very low prices so I had to check out what there was to be had.

I left with a couple of paperback books: Iris Johansen's The Bullet and Irish Parade Murder by Leslie Meier. I'm behind in my reading of Johansen's work so picking up the book is a good move. And while I've never read Meier's work before, I do like books that are either set in Ireland or have some kind of Irish theme to the story. The woman I gave those books to had pointed it out to me and when I picked it up I said when I was done with it, I would pass it on to her.

Of course, later that afternoon I got a robocall from the library telling me a book I had them get in for me had arrived. But it was too late to pick it up yesterday so I made plans to pick it up today when I was going to be out and about running errands anyway. But once again, I couldn't resist going back into the book sale room and I'm glad I did. While I picked up the Irish & Roy Johansen thriller Silent Thunder that I had seen yesterday, they had more books that weren't in the bins when I looked. So I ended up picking up a copy of the Jonathan & Faye Kellerman book Double Homicide as well.

I'm not even sure I remember knowing they'd written a book together but I couldn't resist picking it up when I saw it. Oh, and I grabbed a used DVD copy of one of the few Steven Seagal movies that I like.

But the big score today was finding a nearly brand new copy of Vicki Delany's A Three Book Problem that was just published a couple months ago. I actually read it through the library back then but I really like that series so I grab up copies when I can. And you can't beat getting a book at $5 when you would've had to spend nearly $30 if you'd bought it when it first came out.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I stopped by my local library's monthly book sale yesterday...
    . . . I left with a couple of paperback books: Iris Johansen's The Bullet and Irish Parade Murder by Leslie Meier. I'm behind in my reading of Johansen's work so picking up the book is a good move. And while I've never read Meier's work before, I do like books that are either set in Ireland or have some kind of Irish theme to the story...
    I've taken out almost all the Lucy Stone Mystery books by Leslie Meier from area libraries for my Mom and she seems to generally enjoy them. The latest was Easter Bonnet Murder that was released earlier this year (#28 in the series).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I've taken out almost all the Lucy Stone Mystery books by Leslie Meier from area libraries for my Mom and she seems to generally enjoy them. The latest was Easter Bonnet Murder that was released earlier this year (#28 in the series).
    A hardcover edition of that book was available at the book sale too but I passed on that one.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

A hardcover edition of that book was available at the book sale too but I passed on that one.
    By the way, have you read the A Catskill Summer Resort Mystery Series by Vicki Delany? Two books so far in the series, with the first one released back in September last year. I borrowed both of the books for my Mom because she actually worked in the Catskills during the summer of 1950 (a few years earlier than the series is set), but the one she worked at wasn't as big as the one they write about in the books.

By the way, have you read the A Catskill Summer Resort Mystery Series by Vicki Delany? Two books so far in the series, with the first one released back in September last year. I borrowed both of the books for my Mom because she actually worked in the Catskills during the summer of 1950 (a few years earlier than the series is set), but the one she worked at wasn't as big as the one they write about in the books.
    I have the first one but haven't read it yet. I'm a big fan of Vicki Delany's books.

I have the first one but haven't read it yet. I'm a big fan of Vicki Delany's books.
    And there's a new Lighthouse Library Mystery (written under the name "Eva Gates") due out in June: Death by Beach Read.
    I've already put in a reserve on it for my Mom at the library.

And there's a new Lighthouse Library Mystery (written under the name "Eva Gates") due out in June: Death by Beach Read.
    I've already put in a reserve on it for my Mom at the library.
    I'll pick it up for sure as well.

Went to a library book sale today but didn't pick up too much.

Book-wise, for myself I bought
    * Playback by Raymond Chandler <Philip Marlowe series> (© 1958 / Vintage Crime edition August 1988)

And I bought one paperback mystery for my Mom
    * The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown <Mrs. Murphy series>(2012)

Also bought a few cd's.

Went to a library book sale today but didn't pick up too much.

Book-wise, for myself I bought
    * Playback by Raymond Chandler <Philip Marlowe series> (© 1958 / Vintage Crime edition August 1988)

And I bought one paperback mystery for my Mom
    * The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown <Mrs. Murphy series>(2012)

Also bought a few cd's.
    There's another library book sale the town over from me next week. I might drop by it to see if there's anything that interests me.

Got delivery from amazon today (still not use to Sunday delivery from, especially since I'm not a Prime customer or anything special) of:

* Eight Black Horses (87th Precinct series) by Ed McBain

* Last Seen Wearing (Library of Congress Crime Classics) by Hillary Waugh

And for my Mother, I got

* A Whisker of a Doubt (A Cat Café Mystery series) by Cate Conte
    My Mom's birthday is towards the end of next month, so that will be among the presents I'll give her.

Went to a library this afternoon and took out

Clause of Death by Lorna Barrett (A Booktown Mystery #16)
    for my Mom.

Went to a library this afternoon and took out

Clause of Death by Lorna Barrett (A Booktown Mystery #16)
    for my Mom.
    Somehow I forgot about this one. I'm going to have to get it as soon as I can. I love the Booktown series.