View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #21

0 0%
  • Crude #1 [series debut]

0 0%
  • Dead Hand #1 [series debut]

2 15.38%
  • Deadly Class #33

1 7.69%
  • Dry County #2

1 7.69%
  • Eternal Empire #8

0 0%
  • Gideon Falls #2

5 38.46%
  • No. 1 With A Bullet #6 (of 6) [series finale]

0 0%
  • Oblivion Song #2

0 0%
  • Prism Stalker #2

2 15.38%
  • Rose #10

1 7.69%
  • Sleepless #5

1 7.69%
  • VS. #3 (of 5)

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #15 - Hold my Dead Hand, oh so Crudely

Cringy mangled titles? Wednesday? It'ssssssss time to chat comics!

Last time around newcomer Analog managed to share a victory with veteran series The Walking Dead, not bad for a newbie! Wonder if Analog sells well in the digital space?

Here's what's up this week: comics takes a page from the games and movie industries, and gets into the remastering business. Up this time is Clover Honey from Rich Tommaso, who presents a redrawn, expanded, oversized and overall revised version of his crime noir story. Should be a good version to dig into his back catalogue!
    In other news, lots of series are releasing their second issues, The Beauty is wrapping up another storyline, Dry County is back, No. 1 With A Bullet comes to an end, and VS. passes the halfway point.

The week also sees 2 new series debut, both with a minor Russian twist:
    Crude has already won a GLAAD award and tells the story of Piotr, a man tracked by killers. After his son is murdered however, he has nothing left to lose and goes on the hunt across the vastness of Russia. Steve Orlando (Virgil) writes this, while Garry Brown (Black Road) does the art so it's bound to look good.

Dead Hand, meanwhile, is set in the past. In 1991, as the Soviet Union breaks up, a world-threatening spy plot emerges. Looks like an espionage thriller filled with spies, deceit, and the relics of the Cold War.

306321.jpg 306322.jpg

Three titles for me this week - it doesn't happen very often!

- VS #3 : still beautiful art and design but I have issues with the script and maybe the story...

- Prism Stalker #2 : a generous book, and I liked it much more than the first issue : many very creative page compositions and quite wonderful colours. I'm getting more into the story too, so I'll give a try to the next issue - if I'm able to find it in my lcs which gets only a few... if I don't the trade will be fine.

- last but not least Gideon Falls #2 which gets my vote. Very good. Much books by Lemire in my current favourites - with Black Hammer and The Terrifics - and this one is clearly the more intriguing. I love the art too, even if it's not exactly the same Sorrentino I enjoyed at Marvel.
    Last edited by Abe; 04-18-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I gave up on VS. It's a mess.

Gideon Falls is my only book this week. It was good, but it's a second issue, so not as good as the first issue.

Dead Hand won me over for sure

Deadly Class by default.

Just in case anyone's on the fence for Prism Stalker, get off that fence asap and join the collective! Issue 2 impressed me a lot more than issue 1. Seems like this series sits somewhere between the recent Stokoe book in the Aliens franchise for Dark Horse and probably From Under Mountains (yes, I realise I'm the only person on this board caring about that series haha).

Pretty weird visuals and it does a lot of 'we're not gonna explain these terms to you even though you don't know them, because it's an established world yo' stuff in the dialogues. But honestly beyond that it's a really clear to follow, colourful lil' sci-fi romp in which technology takes a backseat to favour organic matter in all types of applications.
    Probably my favourite Image debut in... months? A year? Let's just say since Snotgirl.

I went to the store today just to put Prism Stalker back on my pull-list. (Okay... I just walked ten minutes... Anyway, well done TotalSnorefest, well done.. )
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I went to the store today just to put Prism Stalker back on my pull-list. (Okay... I just walked ten minutes... Anyway, well done TotalSnorefest, well done.. )
    Welp, no pressure, hope I won't steer you wrong haha!