View Poll Results: do you think the O5 are going back to their time?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 78.85%
  • No

11 21.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default Extermination: Place your bets. Do you think the O5 are finally going home?

In X-men blue Bunn has been playing with the idea that these teens definitely have to go back to their time. but marvel has played with the same idea before and always backs off, the diference is that this time they are making an event based on this idea, if it's something big it could mean that they are really doing it this time.

Bunn also mentioned that he did not know about Extermination when blue started (blue original plans could be unrelated to extermination) but he also said that he had to change his plans because of the event.

What do you think will happen with them? are they going to their time or it's just another tease?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-11-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Yeah, Bunn has been talking about how reality might unravel if they don't go back and the kids have talking about how they have to go back soon, so I'm guessing extermination is how it happens.

My guess, Adult Jean will block the memories so that once they're sent back it won't affect the timeline, but once they reach the current time period, there'll be like psychic commands in their brains to make them recall everything, that way they merge the O5 and their adult counterparts together, giving Beast magic and Jean her Pink Form.
    Not sure if Cyclops or Iceman have anything to pass down(figured Angel would have to be depowered if he's getting sent back), who knows, maybe they could use this to find a way to bring cyclops back.

Astonishing Member

what should I vote if I think the characters may be merged? basically, it would mean Old Jean would get deaged a few years, and gain new memories

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    what should I vote if I think the characters may be merged? basically, it would mean Old Jean would get deaged a few years, and gain new memories
    sorry I didn't thought about that option. I don't know if i can add it now. but them dissapearing/merging counts as they going back in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    This possibility worries me.

What if Marvel pulls a trick to both send and not send them back? Like the group gets duplicated somehow (more time travel bring two sets into one timeframe, magical science, what have you), resulting in one copy going back to become their older present selves, while the others get to stay in the present and continue what they were doing?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I’m usually wrong... but I really feel like it will happen this time. Or very very soon If not then.

The 05’s presence here being dangerous hasn’t been addressed majorly since Bendis but even then it felt differenr than now. He “solved it by saying They “couldn’t go back” because reasons.

Bunn seems to be really hammering home thay this team *has* to return. Plus the 05 all seem willing to go back home now versus under Bendis when all but angel werre reluctant.

I know this is wishing for too much but I would hope when they do go back, we find out what “force” stopped them from returning during bota. If there’s a chance of r happening Bunn is the guy though as he seems very good about honoring continuity and fixing what plot holes that he can in the short time frame of a comic.

Please just let the return story be good,
    If it’s going to happen. Make it meaningful and impactful. I don’t want to see the 05 go out with a whimper, kinda like how I feel adult jean returned (didn’t seem very momentous).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What if Marvel pulls a trick to both send and not send them back? Like the group gets duplicated somehow (more time travel bring two sets into one timeframe, magical science, what have you), resulting in one copy going back to become their older present selves, while the others get to stay in the present and continue what they were doing?
    I’d be fine with this but the board would be in meltdown, as many folks feel (rightly or not) thay the 05 are stealing panel space from other (their favorite) characters. Personally I just don’t see why they couldn’t just make more books if marvel cares about other characters.

I mean there are plenty of xbooks that I don’t like or read but my reaction isn’t “cancel the book so characters a b and c can have a book instead. I’m happy for fans of those books who get to see their characters even though I don’t like them.
    Last edited by Grey; 04-11-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Also just wanted to say I’d totally be down for a merger. Especially for jean. As a huge fan of teen jean.

For the moment, that seems most likely. It's still too early to know for sure. I have a feeling we'll get more info from SDCC this summer. But at this point, I think the O5 X-men's presence in the future is kind of overdone. Their original reasons for being in the future just don't apply anymore. Cyclops didn't launch a mutant revolution. Jean Grey isn't dead anymore. The timeline isn't utterly destroyed (so far). Unless this event gives the O5 an entirely new purpose, then I don't see them staying for much longer.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yeah, Bunn has been talking about how reality might unravel if they don't go back and the kids have talking about how they have to go back soon, so I'm guessing extermination is how it happens.

My guess, Adult Jean will block the memories so that once they're sent back it won't affect the timeline, but once they reach the current time period, there'll be like psychic commands in their brains to make them recall everything, that way they merge the O5 and their adult counterparts together, giving Beast magic and Jean her Pink Form.
    Not sure if Cyclops or Iceman have anything to pass down(figured Angel would have to be depowered if he's getting sent back), who knows, maybe they could use this to find a way to bring cyclops back.
    Cyclops has new relationships. How would Kamala Khan react if adult Cyclops was resurrected and now remembers their time together on the Champions - previously of course, he didn't know her. And of course, now, rather than being the same age, he'd be around 13 years older than her. Iceman already left his legacy - his presence caused his older self to out himself as gay. He too would only transfer memories. Angel's Black Vortex power definitely needs to go.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm pretty sure the book would sell better if this was the end for them, than if it was just another 'oooh, we were threatened, but we're still here!' story.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I think they're going back and I can't wait. They've served their purpose, the story is old and they need to move on and be forgotten

BANNED

I think they're going back. At least I sure hope they are.

I liked having them here initially and have enjoyed their continued presence for the most part but I think it's high time they return. It's been long enough and it's time to wrap their story up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cyclops has new relationships. How would Kamala Khan react if adult Cyclops was resurrected and now remembers their time together on the Champions - previously of course, he didn't know her. And of course, now, rather than being the same age, he'd be around 13 years older than her. Iceman already left his legacy - his presence caused his older self to out himself as gay. He too would only transfer memories. Angel's Black Vortex power definitely needs to go.
    True, I would love to see a scenario where Adult Cyclops convince him that he was the one on their team and they side with him/help him/let him escape because they trust him.

Angel having memories of his teen self could create some weird sexual tension moments between him and X-23. OK, yuck, nobody wants to see Austen 2.0 happen urgh.

I could see adult Icemans teen memories creating a second personality that talks to him in his head and sometimes possesses his ice clones. It'd be interesting, especially is Adult Robert is becoming more serious and leader like, but his baby Bobby personality wants to remain a playful class clown/Joker