Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Just want to say thank you Gail for a fantastic first issue! I have not read that much about Domino in the past (Only started reading comics since 2015 so still consider myself a noob) but I really want to find out more about her now. As soon as I heard that your name would be on the book I knew I had to give it ago. I mean, its thanks to you that I found my second favourite comicbook character of all time (Red Sonja!) so I knew I would enjoy it, but this really feels special. I adore your enthusiasm too! Its so good to see a writer so joyful about their creative team and the character at hand. I am also glad to hear that it looks like the book is a hit, I really hope it lasts as long as possible. Good luck () and I cannot wait to see what else you do with Neena!

(Also, please make sure Pip survives! And write for She-Hulk one day please... my favourite character of all time... go on...)

Good to see you back here Gail. I miss YABS. Loved Domino #1, it was a terrific start to a new series with a great vast and story. Definitely the highlight of my week.

Amazing Member

Ack, thank you so much for the kind words, folks! I am working on issue four today, and it’s the funnest issue yet, a love letter to some of my favorite Marvel Comics!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Just want to say thank you Gail for a fantastic first issue! I have not read that much about Domino in the past (Only started reading comics since 2015 so still consider myself a noob) but I really want to find out more about her now. As soon as I heard that your name would be on the book I knew I had to give it ago. I mean, its thanks to you that I found my second favourite comicbook character of all time (Red Sonja!) so I knew I would enjoy it, but this really feels special. I adore your enthusiasm too! Its so good to see a writer so joyful about their creative team and the character at hand. I am also glad to hear that it looks like the book is a hit, I really hope it lasts as long as possible. Good luck () and I cannot wait to see what else you do with Neena!

(Also, please make sure Pip survives! And write for She-Hulk one day please... my favourite character of all time... go on...)
    I love hearing from newer readers, it’s so fun to hear from people just jumping on the train.

Thank you, and I almost did write She-Hulk a couple years back!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I just wanna say that I haven't picked this series up. Domino has a fun look and a cool power, but she just never jumped out at me, really. But after reading this post and witnessing your passion, love and admiration for her character, it makes me really jealous that you haven't been given a Storm series to write. Whether it be a team book or a solo. (I am aware of your work on WW.) I just want to say this post more than anything I've seen of the solo has convinced me to give it a try. Thanks, lady!
    Storm is a dream character for me, I love her. I would want to write her as Marvel’s Wonder Woman, in some ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GailSimone View Post
    Ack, thank you so much for the kind words, folks! I am working on issue four today, and it’s the funnest issue yet, a love letter to some of my favorite Marvel Comics!
    Congratulations on the first issue getting a second print. Domino needs a close female X-Men friend.Please give her one.

Amazing Member

I know I am in the minority but I personally loved her relationship with Cable. At one point, during the Leob run (with art by Ian Churchill) Cable was written as a very interesting character. His relationship with Dom was a friendship born of trust that also happened to also be romantic, but the recent years has had Cable regress to a one note military meathead who cares little for his allies, and Dom being passed from X dude to X dude Ugh. I will admit the last few issues of Cable have been a joy to read.

I love you Gail, you did my boy Nightwing so much justice in BoP, and I even forgive you for hating Cyclops lol, but I am holding off on Domino due to my lack of faith in current Marvel X editors. That being said, I love Domino as a character I will definitely stay open minded and keep an eye open on how the series progresses. Hopefully I will see something that makes me pick it up, but ultimately this book is for all the ladies and gents that cherish the character and what I say or feel has very little meaning in the grand scheme of things

Glad to hear Domino is selling well. I hope your upcoming Plastic Man series does just as well. I'm really looking forward to that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    AI am extremely happy that you get to write a character you love. I hope that one day you explore how Domino's powers differ -- or are similar to -- the kind of magic that Wanda Maximoff wields or to the abilities of Longshot, which are a mixture of science and magic.
    But wanda power are completely different from domino's and longshot's. Domino powers are telekinetic luck, longshot powers work with probability while wanda wields chaos magic

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    But wanda power are completely different from domino's and longshot's. Domino powers are telekinetic luck, longshot powers work with probability while wanda wields chaos magic
    "Telekinetic luck" versus "work with probability" = ? Not following that distinction.

Wanda and 'chaos magic' is a retcon to her actual mutant ability to cause hexes i.e. bad luck. Which she didn't have 100% control over much like Domino and Longshot don't. The only distinction is Wanda's abilities affect adversaries while Domino's and Longshot's primarily boost themselves.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    "Telekinetic luck" versus "work with probability" = ? Not following that distinction.

Wanda and 'chaos magic' is a retcon to her actual mutant ability to cause hexes i.e. bad luck. Which she didn't have 100% control over much like Domino and Longshot don't. The only distinction is Wanda's abilities affect adversaries while Domino's and Longshot's primarily boost themselves.
    "Retcon" wanda powers were redefined as being chaos magic and ever since that has been her powers in comics and during avengers assembled have been retconned as reality warping and got changed back to chaos magic in children crusade. Her solo run confirmed that her powers are witchcraft and that she uses chaos magic and it explored it in dept. Telekinetic luck means domino powers are psychic based. She subconsciously and psionically create random telekinetic act that affect probability in her favour causing her to have "good luck" and her opponent "bad luck". The events that domino causes are all within the range of possibility and she can benefit from it. Longshot can affect probability fields giving him "good luck" and incredible things beyond the range of possibility but if he uses his ability for selfish or evil purposes they'll backfire on him and cause him bad luck.