Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Legion Of Super Heroes fans - what would you like in a new book?

If DC were to release a new monthly LSH comic, how would you like it to be written? Choose as many options as you want or add your own.

A) start the team over from scratch and have it closely resemble the original team's history
    B) start the team over from scratch and re-write it's history. Perhaps with all new characters
    C) include deceased heroes such as Triplicate Girl, Invisible Kid I, Ferro Lad, Chemical King, Karate Kid, etc...
    D) continue where Crisis On Infinite Earths left off
    E) continue where Zero Hour left off
    F) pick up right where Paul Levitz's most current Legion left off
    G) pick up where Superman and The Legion left off
    H) something else

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I) include all prior history in some way or another and feature an entirely new team of new and familiar characters with an interesting premise.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would like a Legion of Superheroes book.

I simply want an enjoyable book with Superboy (young Clark Kent) playing a part once in a while.

J) Roll the team back to essentially where they were at the beginning of the Baxter series (but with some modified designs), tweak the continuity so characters that were created later (like XS, Gates, Dragonmage) can be folded into their lineup as already established.

Astonishing Member

Play up the "legion" part of the name by expanding the scope and membership. The United Planets covers a large area of space so having the Legion all based on Earth could be abandoned. Now Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl could be in charge of a team based near Winath while Cosmic Boy, Dream Girl, and Brainiac 5 could be based in other areas of space. And to keep their enemies guessing the membership could be rotating. Mon-El, Wildfire, or Ultra Boy might be stationed on Earth this month but be on Winath next month and Colu next Tuesday.

This would allow a writer to really play with the team roster. One arc might focus on the Big Guns facing off with a Khundish invasion fleet near Rimbor and the next might be Chamelion Boy leading a more cereberal group investigating disappearing miners in the asteroid belt.

It's a detail, but dump the 1,000 years in the future schtick. It was cute in the fifties, but come on, pick a year anbd stick with it. The 1,000 years in the future thing gives you that time warping stuff you get with comics in the present.

Honor Adventure 247 by making the Legion's first year 3247. It's centuries in the future. what difference could there really be between 3018 and 3247? Then advance time as fast or as slowly as you want.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

1. Start with a small group and gradually build out the roster.
    2. Make the aliens on the team actually alien. This trek-like "humans with elf ears," approach to alien design should change.
    3. Make the future more futuristic. The legion is still trying to live off of conceptions of the future as seen through the 1960's and I feel it doesn't work anymore.

Roll back to the team actually being teenagers again. To me you lose a big chunk of the point if the main characters are all adults and have kids of their own. Kid heroes was the entire point; some characters by design just aren't meant to age to adulthood. I'd argue the Legion is a group of those characters. Retroactively add in characters from other versions to the original lore that proved popular, like XS and Gates.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-12-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Roll back to the team actually being teenagers again. To me you lose a big chunk of the point if the main characters are all adults and have kids of their own. Kid heroes was the entire point;
    I wouldn't mind at all if someone really took them back to being a "club" where they weren't sanctioned by the UP and had allies in the SP. Putting on costumes and saving people should be seen as a bit odd - these kids are unconventional in their reverence for heroes who have been dead for a thousand years. (not as borderline anti-social as the "eat it grandpa" phase - they should still be hopeful)

I want a recognizable roster, preferably picking up where the most recent run left off. Then I want original stories covering new ground.

Would like to see some of the "new" characters from the other continuities introduced organically as part of "this" continuity:
    Kid Quantum, Laurel Gand, Dragonmage, etc.

i really liked what Johns and Frank did with the team in Superman and the Legion of Superheroes. aged them a bit but not too much. the idea that there was bigotry against aliens and a lot of the planets were xenophobic really made the concept of the Legion more powerful.

i also want Timber Wolf to have the pointy hair style. yeah it makes him look like Wolverine but Brin had that look first.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would have the events of Doomsday Clock cause sort of a soft reboot for the team and set them back a few years. Ignore most of what went on in the Nu52 era. I would start them back up sometime after the events of the Legion of 3 Worlds. The Legion is just getting back on its feet after the war with Superboy Prime and the LSV and some members are on leave taking care of damage caused to their own worlds during the event. Most of the team would be in their early 20's with some younger members in their late teens. I would keep Gates and XS as members of the team.

I would have most of the characters created in the "Reboot", "Threeboot", and Nu52 in the Legion Academy so they could be used latter on if the writer wanted. Andromeda, Dragonwing, Chemical Kid II, Gazelle, Sizzle, Comet Queen, Karate Kid II, Kono, Catspaw, Dragonmage, Kid Quantum (Jazmin), Computo (Danielle), Kinetix, Dragonmage, Gear, Magno, and Harmonia would all be sent there.

Astonishing Member

I can't imagine what they will decide to do...but I hope they somehow someway integrate the LSH into "modern era" with the Justice League, Titans and etcetera.

Keeping it in the far future isolates it too much from the rest the DCU minimizes the impact of (and potential interest in) the LSH. Karate Kid working with Batman and Saturn Girl working with Superman would really boost their recognition and popularity.

Most of all, make LSH the opposite of DC's version of the Hunger Games. I am sooo tired of young death in LSH; I don't feel safe investing in any character.

I would continue from the post-Infinite Crisis "retroboot".
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I can't imagine what they will decide to do...but I hope they somehow someway integrate the LSH into "modern era" with the Justice League, Titans and etcetera.

Keeping it in the far future isolates it too much from the rest the DCU minimizes the impact of (and potential interest in) the LSH. Karate Kid working with Batman and Saturn Girl working with Superman would really boost their recognition and popularity.

Most of all, make LSH the opposite of DC's version of the Hunger Games. I am sooo tired of young death in LSH; I don't feel safe investing in any character.
    Then we probably wouldn’t need the titans or teen titans.