Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man#799

https://www.newsarama.com/39473-pete...review.html#s5

Peter hard at work recruiting his Spider-Friends to look after his loved ones, and appeals to a conflicted Clayton also.

And you can tell Slott is a Black Mirror fan with Liz going full "Archangel" on her kids

I'm sure Clash will live, but it sure would be Christmas if Osborn crippled him 😄

What the heck Harry, what happened to your balls? Obviously he's depowered, but he didn't gain ANY confidence as his own villain/man? You literally NEVER thought that your father (one of the world's most dangerous and resourceful people) would ever make a move against you or your family? Like he has several times before?? Yes, Harry should be fearful, but he should also have literally ONE IDEA what to do.

Hah, Peter hiding on Oscorp, that's genius LOL.

I like the inclusion of the spider family but it obvious miles is getting knock out first

"Spider-Family?" "Spider-Friends?" Marvel keeps trying to make that a thing .

"Man in the chair?" Movie references for the win I guess ?

"Nearly?" Well MJ, when you've treated Peter like you have in the past few years, it's kind of hard to see you as being as important to him as you used to be...plus, y'know, Aunt May.

Does Miles know Peter's Aunt May is important to him because of Ultimate Aunt May?

It's nice to see Peter was keeping track of Clash and it wasn't yet another case of him just letting a bad guy go for dubious reasons.

I have a hard time believing Jonah could actually slip by Agent Anti-Venom. If Flash isn't able to catch up to an old man...

How the heck is Mark going to be any help if he's not even Molten Man anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I like the inclusion of the spider family but it obvious miles is getting knock out first
    Sucks for him this story isn't written by Bendis, if it was then he'd defeat Norman with just one Venom Blast

This arc has been really good so far and this is a nice preview for the 3rd part. I could do without Clash being part of it but I know Slott wants to get as many of his creations on stage for the finale as possible so it's not a surprise to see him involved. No complaints so far; just hoping Slott can stick the landing with the final act in #800----and I expect that he will. Really enjoying this so far and I can't say that about many of his bigger stories recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Sucks for him this story isn't written by Bendis, if it was then he'd defeat Norman with just one Venom Blast
    Oh don’t remind me. They made that guy so powerful lately

Y'know, a few years ago Black Cat would probably have made more sense for Peter to bring into the fold then Silk or Clash, but I guess I'm not surprised she isn't involved either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, a few years ago Black Cat would probably have made more sense for Peter to bring into the fold then Silk or Clash, but I guess I'm not surprised she isn't involved either.
    Well they still haven’t made up yet so we shouldn’t expect her really

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh don’t remind me. They made that guy so powerful lately
    What? Did he get another bullshit feat?

It's better this way, instantly trusting her again would be pretty naíve, specialy since she still didn't do anything to look trust-worthy again.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Not a fan of Peter's big plan just being calling in for help - if he's calling in the Spider-Family, why doesn't he just call in Thor and Herc and have them rip Red Goblin in two like Sentry did? I do like Peter hiding out in Oscorp; I'm still hoping the reveal in ASM 800 is that he uses their resources to build himself a symbiote spider-armor to amp himself to defeat Red Goblin on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Not a fan of Peter's big plan just being calling in for help - if he's calling in the Spider-Family, why doesn't he just call in Thor and Herc and have them rip Red Goblin in two like Sentry did?
    It doesn't look like this is his big plan, it's just to make sure his family has some sort of protection.

As for Thor, maybe this is after Thor #703, so she isn't available, dunno about Hercules though, though it looks like he's only calling people he's friends with.

I do like Peter hiding out in Oscorp; I'm still hoping the reveal in ASM 800 is that he uses their resources to build himself a symbiote spider-armor to amp himself to defeat Red Goblin on his own.
    I don't really like this idea, but it seems he'll at least do something so he can heal faster considering the state of his leg in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Not a fan of Peter's big plan just being calling in for help - if he's calling in the Spider-Family, why doesn't he just call in Thor and Herc and have them rip Red Goblin in two like Sentry did? I do like Peter hiding out in Oscorp; I'm still hoping the reveal in ASM 800 is that he uses their resources to build himself a symbiote spider-armor to amp himself to defeat Red Goblin on his own.
    But when has Peter not needed help in this book ?

I'm not crazy about a "Spider-Family" but I can at least appreciate seeing Spider-Man related characters in this arc over the Avengers.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

But when has Peter not needed help in this book ?

I'm not crazy about a "Spider-Family" but I can at least appreciate seeing Spider-Man related characters in this arc over the Avengers.
    Ugh... true. I also prefer seeing Spider-characters over regular Avengers, but it's just a huge plot hole, especially for when Norman inevitably beats all those heroes and captures all of Peter's loved ones anyways. And that's why I'd prefer Peter not call for help at all; at least then the issue is avoided. Peter calling for help, but only calling weak heroes (with the exception of Johnny) against one of the greatest threats of his entire career is just bad writing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It doesn't look like this is his big plan, it's just to make sure his family has some sort of protection.

As for Thor, maybe this is after Thor #703, so she isn't available, dunno about Hercules though, though it looks like he's only calling people he's friends with.
    Yeah, that's true. Hopefully you are right.

I don't really like this idea, but it seems he'll at least do something so he can heal faster considering the state of his leg in the preview.
    It's not my first choice for a way to beat Red Goblin either, but now that some sort of symbiote costume was confirmed for ASM 800, I think it's way better than any competing ideas I have (like Peter using the symbiote he got in Venomized, or Peter just stealing Eddie's symbiote, or even Peter somehow getting Toxin back even though Toxin was killed IIRC). Hopefully Slott exceeds expectations though!
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 04-12-2018 at 04:21 PM.