Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Fantastic Member Von's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    453

    Default

    So all of the peeps on Peter's 'party line' are aware of his secret identity. Ok.

    Soooo ... when did MJ find out? and how?

    I haven't missed an issue of ASM from the beginning (+ aware of 90% of big beats from satellite titles) so this must have went right over my head....

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I feel like Slott writing him to die and based on the preview of 800 he is in the final battle between Norman and Peter. He is also the only one still active to fight based on the preview. And additional his death will have the most impact honestly
    Killing Flash so soon after getting Anti-Venom would be weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    So all of the peeps on Peter's 'party line' are aware of his secret identity. Ok.

    Soooo ... when did MJ find out? and how?

    I haven't missed an issue of ASM from the beginning (+ aware of 90% of big beats from satellite titles) so this must have went right over my head....
    She knew about his secret identity even after the OMD/OMIT shit lol.

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I haven't missed an issue of ASM from the beginning (+ aware of 90% of big beats from satellite titles) so this must have went right over my head....
    Did you even read One Moment In Time which explicitly reveals MJ retained her knowledge of Peter's identity while everyone else forgot?

    And even then, you must have completely blanked on ASM#797, MJ's whole reason for not being with Peter depends entirely on the fact she knows.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-13-2018 at 08:48 AM.

  4. #34
    Fantastic Member Von's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Did you even read One Moment In Time which explicitly reveals MJ retained her knowledge of Peter's identity while everyone else forgot?

    And even then, you must have completely blanked on ASM#797, MJ's whole reason for not being with Peter depends entirely on the fact she knows.
    ok yeah...I think she's been so far out of the picture for so long that her whole arc has gone right over my head Last I remember she was turning into a giant spider and kicking ass.

    After that its kind of a blank. (did she have two clubs destroyed? Or just the one lol)

    Honestly it's all a bit hazy until she hooked up with ... I mean started working for Tony Stark ...
    Last edited by Von; 04-15-2018 at 08:51 PM.

  5. #35
    Fantastic Member Seto Kaiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    478

    Default

    It makes sense that Peter call upon his closest allies to keep tabs on his loved ones. You could say that he should call in the avengers or whatever, but chances are they're busy with something much bigger, as usual. I have a feeling Flash is going to find out sooner or later, but yeah, it's kinda dumb that Peter doesn't just tell him already. I have a feeling that will bite him in the ass later.

    Also......when does this take place in relation to Venomized? Also, part of me thinks that Venom should be involved somehow, but he's been EVERYWHERE as of late. Plus with what's going on in his own book......

  6. #36
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Also......when does this take place in relation to Venomized? Also, part of me thinks that Venom should be involved somehow, but he's been EVERYWHERE as of late. Plus with what's going on in his own book......
    Venomized possibly happens before GDS, it'll be confirmed depending on what happens with Flash.

  7. #37
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    It makes sense that Peter call upon his closest allies to keep tabs on his loved ones. You could say that he should call in the avengers or whatever, but chances are they're busy with something much bigger, as usual. I have a feeling Flash is going to find out sooner or later, but yeah, it's kinda dumb that Peter doesn't just tell him already. I have a feeling that will bite him in the ass later.
    (Looks at Silk)

    Well, for a given definition of close .
    Also......when does this take place in relation to Venomized? Also, part of me thinks that Venom should be involved somehow, but he's been EVERYWHERE as of late. Plus with what's going on in his own book......
    The only reason I could see Venom wanting to get involved is because it hates the Carnage Symbiote, but who knows how aware Brock is of what's going on.

  8. #38
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Even in context of the story, I understand him not going for the Avengers, considering that nobody on his current team knows of his secret identity, so it makes more sense to go for the people who know who he is to watch over/protect his closest targets. Plus, even though we know they're all gonna end up fighting Norman, his original plan wasn't to have them fight him, so he wasn't strictly looking for manpower.

    Even Clash at least makes some sense, given his sonic radars may end up being useful in a last ditch encounter with Red Goblin, since we don't know how resistant he is to sound at the moment.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  9. #39
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Even in context of the story, I understand him not going for the Avengers, considering that nobody on his current team knows of his secret identity, so it makes more sense to go for the people who know who he is to watch over/protect his closest targets. Plus, even though we know they're all gonna end up fighting Norman, his original plan wasn't to have them fight him, so he wasn't strictly looking for manpower.
    In such case, he could've called the other people who know his secret identity too, like Jessica Jones, Carol (Assuming they're still friends even after CWII), Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Ben Grimm, and possible others. I'd assume that he would avoid other people like Bobbi because Red Goblin is way too dangerous for her, but calling those other people would help out a lot.

    Even Clash at least makes some sense, given his sonic radars may end up being useful in a last ditch encounter with Red Goblin, since we don't know how resistant he is to sound at the moment.
    Well if Slott of the editors remember, then Carnage is supposed to be immune to sound currently. Of course, Peter doesn't know that, but it could be nice if they remembered that. But with how bad Marvel continuity is, they probably don't...

  10. #40
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    4,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    I'm sure Clash will live, but it sure would be Christmas if Osborn crippled him ��
    My thought was that Slott wants to avoid the trope where the conflicted hero/villain (Clash) dies redeeming himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Do you consider Johnny and Clash part of the Spider-Family? (Just curious; the Spider-Family is far from being well-defined, so I'd like to see who different people include within it: obviously Peter and Miles are in it)
    Yes for me; and Johnny fits in this story as he's clashed with Norman since way back in the Silver Age.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

  11. #41
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Even in context of the story, I understand him not going for the Avengers, considering that nobody on his current team knows of his secret identity.
    It's lucky they don't. Nadia was MAD when she found out Peter Parker had cost the Avengers their HQ. If the team knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man, he'd have been expelled for sure.

  12. #42

    Default

    Five posts about the ending have been deleted.

    Let's not discuss that until a mainstream media outlet reports it, or the actual issue is out.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  13. #43
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    585

    Default

    When's this out? I've enjoyed Go Down Swinging so far.

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    When's this out? I've enjoyed Go Down Swinging so far.
    It's out tomorrow.

  15. #45
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's out tomorrow.
    Well that's a pick me up as I'm currently poorly. Cheers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •