BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows#18

spoilers:
    Normie is developing a cure for cancer and discusses matters with one of his employers, who says they're ready for human testing but Normie wants to delay things. Lacey goes after Normie with the intent of killing him, Annie pretends to injure her ankle so she has an excuse to stay behind while Reece goes after his friend. Turns out Peter and MJ have been tailing Annie the whole time and Annie faked her injury so she could talk to them.

Peter and MJ agree to let Annie take care of matters. Normie is confronted by Lacey but Annie and Reece are able to convince her to spare him and open up about her own pain. Normie recognizes Annie as Spiderling and they have a chat.

The next day at school, Reece and Lacey reveal their powers have worn off. Annie pretends her own powers have faded and she decides to enroll in drama class as the behind the scenes work fascinates her. She talks a little to her dad, who's of course very proud of her.

Later Normie tells the same employee from earlier it's time the Osborn family got to work on redeeming itself and approves the human testing, little knowing the scientist is Mr. Sinister in disguise!

end of spoilers

Eh, one of those stories that isn't bad or good, just bland... Maybe I should call it Bland New Spider-Girl

Astonishing Member

I'm toying whether to drop this book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    So Mister Sinister infiltrated Oscorp, too? Between this and issue 15, he's got a lot of disguises and cover identities, though it probably draws less attention than him going out in his true form in public. That said, I did like how things were ultimately resolved, much like they were with Normie back in issue 12, and hopefully Annie and Normie will keep in touch more often.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Eh, one of those stories that isn't bad or good, just bland... Maybe I should call it Bland New Spider-Girl
    An apropos title if ever there was one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It's.....okay. I mean I know they're going for a Spider-Family thing here, but...eh....IMO it was done much better in Spider-Girl.

One thing that always throws me off...this is supposed to be 16 years in the future or whatever, but Peter and MJ still look like their 616 versions. Contrast to M2 in which they actually look their age.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I unfortunately have to agree. I was only there for Peter and MJ anyways, so seeing that the new team is pretty much focusing solely on Annie, I might just end up dropping this title.