Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m laughing.

Piotr is 29 now and Kitty is 23. Nothing Pedophilla about it.
    They say it specifically for the FB when they met, in those years if it was, obviously not now, but they refer to the FB.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if kitty is 23 and barking orders at the rest of these veteran x-men, then i've got some bridges to sell you

lol,
    You can laugh, but not at all mesmeric was a low level hypnotist, hehco was the most powerful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He was able to turn Phoenix into his slave though.
    His powers worked on eye-contact and only managed to enslave Jean by surprise. Even then there was a limit to what he could make Jean do. It seems the current crop of writers don't bother researching character backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm serious. I know Uncle Guggles loves his weird ass romance, but never did I think he'd glorify then at their worst. Does he seriously not see something wrong with a relationship between a 14 and 19 year old????????? Everyday I wonder if the editors are forced to publishing this for some reason.
    Piotr was still 18 here, maybe even younger. This is Uncanny 129. He was said to be 18 on panel when he almost died in Uncanny 156.

colossus18.jpg

Please just stick to the facts.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

He was 19 when they started dating. You know that.

The art on this is looking great and finally Gambit reappears!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He was 19 when they started dating. You know that.
    I'm just saying, at the beginning it was an 18 year old and a 14 year old. That's a senior dating a freshman. Not a creepy old man chasing after a child.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    "Mesmero is a formidable telepath."

Mesmero isn't even a telepath! Unless he's sipping on Mothervine or MGH, he's nowhere near Rachel's psionic level. It's like Jean suddenly having Mentallo as a serious telepathic threat.
    Mesmero isn't a telepath, but he is a formidable hipnotist who has hipnotized both Jean and Rachel when they were Phoenix hosts in the late 70s and 80s. He has hipnotized complete superhero teams in more than one occasion.
    The problem here isn't Mesmero being formidable, but treating him as a telepath instead of a hypnotist (like Sauron).

I feel like Marvel in the last decade has tried to simplify how the powers of characters work. For example Fraction also refered to Empath as a telepath iirc, when he isnt a telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    His powers worked on eye-contact and only managed to enslave Jean by surprise. Even then there was a limit to what he could make Jean do. It seems the current crop of writers don't bother researching character backgrounds.
    His powers had its ups and downs, in his first appearance he was a master illusionist in a Brotherhood in all but name though he was punked quite a bit and was certainly not the groups leader or even its number two.

Powers and skill can grow though and certainly must have with time for Mesmero.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

if kitty is 23 and barking orders at the rest of these veteran x-men, then i've got some bridges to sell you

lol,
    Mesmero is a very powerful hypnotist, but Sauron supposedly made him look like an amateur (Cyclops said that twice, although ever since the Aaron Wolverine and the X-Men run, Sauron has become a joke character)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m laughing.

Piotr is 29 now and Kitty is 23. Nothing Pedophilla about it.
    I'm laughing.

If you think there's isn't anything wrong with an adult pursuing a child, then making it seem ok because he "waited" for her to blossom.................you're a lost cause. And I clearly alluded to the flashback and its glorification of Piotr not rejecting Kitty's advances.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm just saying, at the beginning it was an 18 year old and a 14 year old. That's a senior dating a freshman. Not a creepy old man chasing after a child.
    Both are creepy wtfff

Huh, that engagement ring doesn't have a diamond.

Default re: mesmero

any explanation for why he has his powers back? he was depowered after m day, or that's what they say ..

BANNED

The art here is great, and I'm pleased to see Remy & Rogue (even if they're written by Guggenheim *shudder*). Still very much repelled by the Piotr-Kitty romance. And this isn't helping. Them not getting hot-and-heavy until a few years later doesn't make it any less weird. Kitty was a child, Piotr was not. Both of them have had better romantic partners anyway so I hate that they've been brought back together. "Wedding of the Century" my ass. I've loved Colossus at times over the years but never when he's pining over Kitty. If that's all he's good for these days then I hope Lydia Nance does bring back the Legacy Virus.

Astonishing Member

any explanation for why he has his powers back? he was depowered after m day, or that's what they say ..
    No
    Marvel wants us to forget about it I guess (Hopeless when he wrote his All New X-Men said we could choose to believe The Blob had been repowered, or that he was using the mutant hormone drug, he left it in the air, undefined)
    Xorn is another character that used to be depowered and now has his powers back. (this Xorn is the brother of the Morrison one)

If Marvel cared about continuity, Mesmero has potential for a great story.
    In Tieri's Weapon X Mesmero was used to put post hypnotic blocks, commands etc on a lot of characters. Those things stopped being a plot point because they lost their effect when Mesmero was depowered, but having him with his powers active again, would give Mesmero a lot of power over characters as diverse as Sabretooth, Maverick, Madison Jeffries, Marrow and all the other characters that were working for Weapon X back then.