Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Possible New Super Character

So Mike McKone posted art of a Super character. No info, new costume, and what seems to be a different S symbol. Any thoughts?

D43F6A46-5602-405C-8523-0CEC876A5F4F.jpg

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    So Mike McKone posted art of a Super character. No info, new costume, and what seems to be a different S symbol. Any thoughts?

Could that be an aged up Kon-El or... Dare I say it...Jon?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

KINDA seems like Kon? A little?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Could that be an aged up Kon-El or... Dare I say it...Jon?
    I want to say Kon but the suit resembles Jon's current look a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post

I hope that Kon...

For one moment I thought that this topic was for talk about Superboy Hamilton friend..

Would love it to be Kon, but a time-displaced future Jon (or artificially aged Jon) might be one of the big Bendis changes we've been hearing about.
    Last edited by Jadeb; 03-22-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Ugh no! I don't want a time displaced Jon when they could easily do Kon AND keep current Jon, in fact they should have done this immediately after Reborn.

The odd S logo and the general design of the costume makes me think it's someone from the future. He looks lean, suggesting young, but the hairline makes me think he's meant to be an adult, rather than a teenage Kon. (Also, the recent portrayals of Kon have tended to make him big and bulky, though I wouldn't mind if they moved away from that.)

Another long-shot possibility: A younger Clark during his time with the Legion? I don't keep up with the Legion characters -- did Clark travel to the future with them in the current continuity? Maybe that's a Bendis change.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Is he even working on a Superman book? This could just be Superman drawn in his own style.

Please don't let it be the reintroduction of Superboy-Prime!

BANNED

No vote for Kon.i personally see Kon more human,not this fancy boy supersuit guy.not to mention that hair isnt right either.

We have seen enough future Jon's,how about we focus on the kid now,cause he is pretty cool the way he is.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The overall design doesn't look that far removed from Kon's original design....

I doubt it's a young Clark, as that shield is probably too modified. It could be "Superboy and the Legion" and that would fit the design sensibility we see here.....but I think that would fit only if Mckone is working on a Legion project that hasn't been announced yet, which would probably feature young Clark permanently. Otherwise it's an awfully big re-design for a flashback sequence to Clark's youth, and by an artist with no known ties to the current titles. So if this is young Clark (or one of his descendants, which is entirely possible), I expect to hear about a Legion title in the near future with Mckone on art (which would be a solid fit, given his resume).

It could be an older Jon. I doubt they'd age him up that far beyond Damien's age though. So if it's Jon, it'll just be for a visit to/from the future. But again, Mckone has no ties to the current books, so where would this be happening? A new Super-Sons title we haven't heard about yet? A new Titans or Young Justice?

Conner seems a likely possibility to me (though that could just be wishful thinking). The costume has vague similarities to his original look as well as his "Tron-lines" New52 costume, and the facial expression has shades of the YJ cartoon's attitude and swagger. Even the hairline, slightly higher than teen characters are usually drawn as having, could be a small quiet nod to Conner's genetic ties to Lex's male pattern baldness. Plus, it strikes me as more likely that Conner would play with the "S" design to that degree; I don't see Jon or Clark making changes that drastic.

Another possibility is that this isn't for the regular comics at all, but another project. DCU Online is doing a big thing for Clark's 80th birthday, for example. Or it could be a new Elseworlds comic, a digital first series, it could be for the Krypton show, or even that Rocksteady game we've been hearing rumors about for so long. Or maybe Mckone was just playing around with designs and this is just him sharing a doodle.

Could be anything.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-22-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I've never been a fan of modded S shield's that are incredibly angular or blocky. Just ugly to me. I can barely stand that Kara's still looks almost like the electric S.

I wouldn't mind if it were Conner. When I think of him I don't think of him in a cape but I'd very much welcome it. I dunno though, he's been gone so long I don't want to get my hopes up.

Future Jon is always a possibility too, but I prefer Gleason's look for him that we've seen glimpses of.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I hope that Kon...

For one moment I thought that this topic was for talk about Superboy Hamilton friend..
    Well, Kathy's not new (debuted two years ago), only her Beacon codename and costume are.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman