Thread: The Eternals

BANNED

Exclamation The Eternals

So some strong rumours going around and have been for sometime that the Eternals are coming to the MCU.

With Guardians coming to an end with Vol 3 and the fox deal meaning no X-men for 3/4 years, what do you think on them and whats the best issues to read?

I remember reading about Sersi in Avengers and thought she was great.

Invincible Member

I need to reacquaint myself with the original Kirby run. I haven't read any of that stuff in years.

I halfway remember an old Thor arc where they deal with the fact that the Eternals and the Olympian gods exist in the 616 universe...

There was a mini series a few years back by Neil Gaiman and JRJR, but I'll admit I haven't read it.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Back when the True Believers reprint of Eternals #1 was released in honor of Jack Kirby's birthday, I started this thread that might be helpful here.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I need to reacquaint myself with the original Kirby run. I haven't read any of that stuff in years.

I halfway remember an old Thor arc where they deal with the fact that the Eternals and the Olympian gods exist in the 616 universe...

There was a mini series a few years back by Neil Gaiman and JRJR, but I'll admit I haven't read it.
    Kirby's original Eternals had that "are they Marvel Universe or not?" question about them for so long. In that context, the idea of ancient aliens coming back is a big deal. In the current 616 (or even MCU) it's stand in line and take a number. Once Thor and Loki start doing NYC, ancient gods are nothing new or special.

I could certainly see the appeal of an Eternals movie. Archeologists and conspiracy theorists running around Machu Picchu and Egypt finding evidence of a return of these guys can look awesome on the screen. But when we can hop on a quinjet with a talking tree and a talking raccoon and fly up to meet them, what is the big deal?

Astonishing Member

Loved sersi in avengers and I liked Gilgamesh too

Love the eternals and woukd be very pleased to see them in mcu

Incredible Member

The Eternals saga from Thor #283 - #301.