Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I just have such a bad feeling about this run, we better strap in.

Fantastic Member

I think the difference when comparing Green Lantern or the FF Hickman had a story planned for the FF. Geoff Johns was hungry to write Green Lantern. I don't get that impression from Abnett that he has this story he has been dying to tell about the Titans which to me is why it always feels like the title is just treading water.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yes, it is a unique point, but it shouldn't be the only point. Gathering as friends can be done in any club, restaurant, cafe or coffee shop as civilians. They still need to do something as a superhero team. A sense of purpose that also has to be unique to them. The friendship reason is internal. They also need an external goal.
    Yeah, they do. But that external goal can be as simple as "let's be another line of defense where the JLA can't be." It can also be "let's train the next generation of heroes", but that's the same mission as YJ and would mean more kids on the Titans, which is what everyone's complaining about. It can also just be to provide an independent space for these heroes who don't want to be on the League, but who still want to fight crime together.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just have such a bad feeling about this run, we better strap in.
    I'm not planning to strap in at all. I'm going to just leave it be and move on. I'd rather spend the time and money on another book I'd rather be reading then to keep trying with this book and writer. At least then I might get something I do want to keep up with out of it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    How so? Just because Reed Richards accidentally gave his wife, brother-in-law, and best friend powers doesn't mean they should all be on the same super-team. I mean, they are constantly put in the crosshairs of his ongoing feud with his college rival, after all. That's especially true when Ben is always trying to cure himself of his powers. And then, on more than one occasion when he was cured, has had to be dragged back into being the Thing
    Come on man, you're really not going to make me do the compare and contrast thing here are you? No deflections. There are a number of important differences between these franchises.

Yeah, exactly. There's never really an end to the stories you can tell with a set group of characters in this business. After several decades, you'd think people would be sick of stories about a four cosmic adventurers fighting a guy in a metal suit, but here we are. And the minute they took those four off the table, the fans went mental.
    Yes someone could very well come along who has new stories to tell with the NTT crowd, in the NTT style setting. Great. If they have something new to say and can say it well, I want to hear it. But while we wait for this mystery person to maybe show up eventually, years after we could've used him/her in the first place, let's do something different with the characters and brand instead of repeatedly smashing our heads against the wall with the same ideas that don't really work anymore.

Changing the way the Titans are approached doesn't mean you cant change things back if you want to. Maybe a change would end up failing. Or maybe it could be the thing the brand needs to become relevant again. In either case, it can always be changed again. It's comics. Anything can happen.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Come on man, you're really not going to make me do the compare and contrast thing here are you? No deflections. There are a number of important differences between these franchises.

Yes someone could very well come along who has new stories to tell with the NTT crowd, in the NTT style setting. Great. If they have something new to say and can say it well, I want to hear it. But while we wait for this mystery person to maybe show up eventually, years after we could've used him/her in the first place, let's do something different with the characters and brand instead of repeatedly smashing our heads against the wall with the same ideas that don't really work anymore.

Changing the way the Titans are approached doesn't mean you cant change things back if you want to. Maybe a change would end up failing. Or maybe it could be the thing the brand needs to become relevant again. In either case, it can always be changed again. It's comics. Anything can happen.
    I really wish they would do something new with the Titans franchise. Something that really elevates the characters and develops the team in new and interesting ways instead of telling variations on the same stories over and over again. I want to read new adventures with these characters not retreads of the NTT greatest hits. I've already read those stories.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I really wish they would do something new with the Titans franchise. Something that really elevates the characters and develops the team in new and interesting ways instead of telling variations on the same stories over and over again. I want to read new adventures with these characters not retreads of the NTT greatest hits. I've already read those stories.
    Well, to be fair, Brother Blood, Blackfire, and Trigon have been no shows in the main Titans books for a while so it hasn't been all NTT retreads .

Ok what the hell is up with troia's costume why the need for metal shoulder pads.

Mighty Member

Poor Raven and Gar. They'll be kids forever. And of course Bumblebee is back in limbo again. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-13-2018 at 10:40 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Poor Raven and Gar. They'll be kids forever. And of course Bumblebee is back in limbo again. Unbelievable.
    Look on the bright side at least that means Mal and Karen will remain married.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Honestly just move away from NW in the Titans now. Donna can be the leader and just have Bat-Wing if you need a Bat character

Spectacular Member

Just gonna comment on the returning after a while characters (though I think Natasha was in something but I completely forgot about it) redesigns. Their okay, Steel is fine pretty much the usual Natasha Steel. M'gann colorscheme and symbol wise is clearly going for a look like J'onns and while at first I was iffy on the lack of sleeves if she's drawn toned like that consistently that is fine, superheronines SHOULD be toned. But what instead of pants or a skirt she just has the lion cloth thing J'onn has OVER his pants? Please give her some freaking pants. At least there's no giant pink punk mohawks. Im mixed on it but it's MUCH Better than her prior proposed redesigns.

Spectacular Member

Im gonna say also when it comes to Miss Martian, deal with the "really a White Martian" thing as fast as possible. What drama is there there anymore? you can have some in the consequences and her feelings about it which is fine but the actual reveal is just not really a reveal when it's not just something that's been done pre flash point but in EVERYTHING she's been adapted into.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Honestly just move away from NW in the Titans now. Donna can be the leader and just have Bat-Wing if you need a Bat character
    Pre-Crisis Donna would have grown up to be a fantastic leader. She was already a good second in command, the Storm to Dick's Cyclops.

She's too much of a hot mess now to function as a good character, let alone leader. I think the character is in dire need of some sort of soft reboot, otherwise she's damaged goods.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Pre-Crisis Donna would have grown up to be a fantastic leader. She was already a good second in command, the Storm to Dick's Cyclops.

She's too much of a hot mess now to function as a good character, let alone leader. I think the character is in dire need of some sort of soft reboot, otherwise she's damaged goods.
    I'll be honest: Donna can't afford another reboot. She has to keep this origin or go back to one of her older ones. I dunno why she didn't get the Titan Seed origin back, that would have been the literally easiest thing to do when it comes to her.

Honestly, all that's really all that necessary is that Donna starts to be written competently and like her older self again. Even Post Crisis Donna, origin drama aside, was fine and often well written. It was when she was introduced in the New 52 that presented the issue: they should have waited for Rebirth.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey