Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And I think there's a lot of potential in examining how his actions are seen by the public, spun by politicians and news media, and impact things like economic trajectories, lifestyle trends, etc. This is actually one of the aspects of Bendis' run that I'm most curious about.
    The idea that Bendis will be giving the world and press a platform to vent, cheer, and debate about Superman remains the most inspired thing (along with splitting the books between Clark and Superman) I've heard out of his ideas so far. Really strong stuff. When he made the President/government official comparison, I got pretty dang happy to say the least because of just how well it fits. It's easy for us to root for Clark to be hawkish and uncompromising because we know Clark as a person and we know the book is called Superman, so he's the hero. But for the flat people of the DCU, even with all of the great things he's done for them, it's not hard to imagine them not just being cool with everything all the time.

But genius key that sort of links it all is the fact that Clark spends most of his days in glasses as a human and reporter, and Bendis is highlighting that, so it's not hard to imagine that Clark will be seeing the flip side of a lot of his actions and words. It is likely that we may see him as his biggest critic fully realized when he has to write stories about the fallout of what he does as Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, a Superman who sticks to his guns and stands up for himself is an absolute "must" in my book as well. You don't tug on the man's cape, after all. He's a nice guy, but there are lines you don't cross with him, and if you do you end up regretting your life choices. Superman is a hard man, not some weak willed emo bitch.

We'll see how it goes. If the right "Bendis" shows up, this'll be a hell of a fun ride. If the wrong "Bendis" shows up, it'll suck no matter what. But so far.....I think we might, maybe, be getting the Bendis Super-fans deserve, and the non-fans need.
    I want this in both persona(s) I want Clark to be played just like George Reeves who was solid man, real solid with a hint of mystery. I would be great if Bendis re-introduces inspector Bill Henderson and let he and Clark work a few cases together ...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Trapping the whole planet inside the Phantom Zone is my kind of Bonkers
    Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    I wonder if the Phantom Zone thing happens in Man of Steel. Color me intrigued though. Let's do this!
    I'd think it'd have to, right? Well, I guess that might confirm that MoS will in fact be taking place in the "present day" (with possible flashbacks) instead of being a straight up retelling of his origin.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

I'd think it'd have to, right? Well, I guess that might confirm that MoS will in fact be taking place in the "present day" (with possible flashbacks) instead of being a straight up retelling of his origin.
    we knew it was taking place mainly in the present for a while now.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Yeah it's been pretty clear since the first solicits for MOS that the primary story is set in the present with relevant flashbacks to the past.

As long as it's not a straight up origin retread, I'm fine
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I forgot what the original solicits said. I haven't been following that closely for a little while now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    I want this in both persona(s) I want Clark to be played just like George Reeves who was solid man, real solid with a hint of mystery. I would be great if Bendis re-introduces inspector Bill Henderson and let he and Clark work a few cases together ...
    Either Henderson or Maggie Sawyer would be great. I'd like to see Supes have a relationship with the Metropolis PD again.

BANNED

I'm loving what I've seen from these solicits! Very intrigued about Superman and the planet in the phantom zone stuff!

Fantastic Member

Ok. I'm intrigued. The idea with the planet in and the phantom zoom seems very interesting, now I'm looking forward to these books.