Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Blue 27 - "You insipid twit"

The issue follows on from the preview pages with Magneto and Polaris discussing Havok. Skip to the present where Polaris and co. take on Wildside whose powers have been boosted to the point where his illusions appear real. Lorna takes him out with a Sentinel paw.

Cue some pages that did not need to be in the issue. (see Venomised if interested)

Magneto gets attacked by the Marauders, he kills some random mutants being controlled by Miss Sinister. Manages to escape on his time platform. I find this a bit worrisome because time travel has been abused over the last decade in the X-books. I hope the writing doesn't go south from there.

NuBlue are trying to locate the Hellfire Club. Storm uses her vampire hypnotic powers to discern their location from one of the mutants.

Skip to a hilarious scene between Emma and Claudine. Too difficult to describe but the art does the scene justice.

X-Men Blue attacks, Frost takes out Bloodstorm, Daken and the new girl telepathically, Bastion Xorn, Miss Sinister Queen of Diamonds Jimmy and Having Lorna.

Book ends with team Blue captive.

Good issue, art is very strong. Good to finally get Emma's perspective it's been a while. Approaching two years now since we got anything.

The scene with Claudine and her was gas

I'm a bit worried Magneto is going to mess this story up with time travel I was hoping he would just get his acolytes but it seems he might pull more X-Men from the past perhaps Adult Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post

Protect your fingers when Emma is around
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Best panel
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 05-09-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Bloodstorm, Polaris, and Emma were really the MVPs of this issue.

Ugh, I didn't put much thought into it, but now that you mention I too think Magneto will screw things up with time travel, for the worse, and he will end up all Taylor Swift "Look what you made me do!" to put the blame on someone else... Just like he did with Havok and Emma when he killed those new Mutants, like someone as strong as him could not simply incapacitate them or trap them with metal or something... No, killing was definitely the only option and is suddenly Emma and Havok's fault.

Leaving that aside, the art is simply gorgeous. Emma looked stunning in pretty much all the panels she was in, and those final panels when se was looking at Havok with grief and sorrow... I love this artist.

BANNED

One more good issue to go and then it'll be about the O5 again.

Yep, X-Men Blue right now is the best X-Men book.

Absolutely badass issue like Domino.

And OP, I don't think Magneto will do time travel shenanigans like Beast did with the 05. He just needed to escape and survive. Magneto knows that messing with timelines is catastrophic.

Also, more Tyke/Venom moments.

As a fan of both Cyclops and Venom, I never imagined or expected that they would have bonded so well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post
    Also, more Tyke/Venom moments.

As a fan of both Cyclops and Venom, I never imagined or expected that they would have bonded so well.
    Bonded... I see what you did there

Arrow

Also, is it bad that I want Havok to remain a villain for a longer time?

I like Alex a lot and know his potential as a hero but this latest arc along with Secret Empire, has put a great spin on Alex as a villain.

He seems more badass, lethal and decisive. Not as a good but insecure hero.

My take. I like Havok no matter what. He at least is a versatile character.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

In my opinion, Alex Summers has always been villainous.

Another quality issue that includes my new favorite insult from Emma Frost. I vote that from here on out, insipid twit be her personal trademark.

This issue also really doubled down on Polaris being the new big gun for Magneto's team. That moment in the beginning with them sharing a family moment was a nice touch as well. I really like how that relationship is evolving. Havok seems to be going the full villain route, though. I'm starting to think he might stay that way indefinitely and this arc will just make it official. Overall, there's a lot to love here and Emma's snark is just extra icing on the cake.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I really dug the art here. Blue has a stellar lineup of rotating artists

I like Alex a lot and know his potential as a hero but this latest arc along with Secret Empire, has put a great spin on Alex as a villain.

Personally I find that, just like with the inverted heroes from Axis, he’s basically become devoid of personality other than he’s evil. He lacks any of the nuances that Emma or Magneto have had over time and just sits there and allows things to happen reacting in a way that doesn’t even sound like a mutant supremasist. At this point, it might as well not even be Havok but anyone else standing there. At very least when the villains were inverted, you could still see their distinct personalities just with their moral compass pointing in another direction to the point that it was interesting to read. Havok hasn’t felt that way since Axis.

Ultimate Member

Yep, X-Men Blue right now is the best X-Men book.

Absolutely badass issue like Domino.

And OP, I don't think Magneto will do time travel shenanigans like Beast did with the 05. He just needed to escape and survive. Magneto knows that messing with timelines is catastrophic.
    Doesn't mean that he wouldn't try to change things if he felt like it was the right thing to do. Alex is only here to serve as the baddie punching bag and such, and we know that he gets back to his old self as he's on the Astonishing team and gets blamed for everything though he was inverted at the time and all...perhaps Bunn doesn't really like Alex and that Alex is only a means to an end in the storyline for Bunn...

yeah its just you. I hate that Bunn did this with him as he's the only one thats done anything with Havok being inverted. Before Blue, it was easy enough to presume that just wore off as it never came into play after AXIS. Alex's current position doesnt really make any sense

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personally I find that, just like with the inverted heroes from Axis, he’s basically become devoid of personality other than he’s evil. He lacks any of the nuances that Emma or Magneto have had over time and just sits there and allows things to happen reacting in a way that doesn’t even sound like a mutant supremasist. At this point, it might as well not even be Havok but anyone else standing there. At very least when the villains were inverted, you could still see their distinct personalities just with their moral compass pointing in another direction to the point that it was interesting to read. Havok hasn’t felt that way since Axis.
    I don't remember havok having much of a personality, except for being Lorna's boyfriend and the idiot who dumped her