Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Specifically, everything that Sage did here (New Exiles), must be forgotten, for the sake of the character.

From here nobody else wanted to use it.

If she wants me to come back, and someone not be obsessed with her like Claremont, I can make her a coherent character, with flaws and strengths.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wait you think the fact Sage has a history with Xavier makes her unuseable? What

Are you seriously saying Monet is weaker than Sage? WTF

Sage is just a normal human physiologically... she can alter the X-gene and has a perfect memory that's literally all her powers are...

Monet would kill Sage in <1 second in a fight.

I don't understand people
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wait you think the fact Sage has a history with Xavier makes her unuseable? What

Are you seriously saying Monet is weaker than Sage? WTF

Sage is just a normal human physiologically... she can alter the X-gene and has a perfect memory that's literally all her powers are...

Monet would kill Sage in <1 second in a fight.

I don't understand people

Obviously I do not mean that and you know it.

Claremont each time made her more and more perfect, and each time she gave random more and more skills, which did not have any sense, because even if they were coherent skills with each other, and skills that had not shown in decades? and specifically in New Exiles, Sage ended up practically being the crystal palace, and absorbed all knowledge of it.

That must be ignored, Sage thanks to this story is even harder to define, and that's why they left her living in a Crystal wall.

She must return, yes, but they must change many things, so they do not return her to limbo again.

You know I'm not saying that Monet is weaker than Sage, physically she is not, but Claremont was turning Sage into a Mary Sue, who he only understood ... Monet's powers are mostly limited except 3 , Sage's powers did not seem to have limits and we did not even know exactly what skills he had, one day he was a mutant computer, another day he had moderate telepathy, another day he could improve the potential of the powers, and that they will reach their final state, and another day could cure blindness.

Check every time Sage had more and more new skills, hell if he could even cure Remy of his blindness, and then in Xtreme he returned his powers, Sage's powers happen to be too indeterminate.

::::::::::::::::::

And with the Crystal Palace, I think Claremont exaggerated, the character can obviously be saved, but what I say has to be well defined, and give limits to their abilities and explain what they are, starting she should not have been able to process all the information about the crystal palace, and she did it.
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 05-06-2018 at 11:44 PM.

BANNED

I'm gonna be disappointed if it's Wolverine. I know he's going to end up on a roster (or rosters if the past is any indication), probably following Hunt for Wolverine, but I really haven't missed Logan all that much, and don't think he'd bring much to the Astonishing roster and his presence on the team would mean less of the other characters so I hope Logan goes elsewhere.

Emma Frost would undermine the co-leaders of Astonishing (Havok & Beast) and her strong personality may detract from other present characters.

At this stage, I think that Dani Moonstar or Sunspot might be the secret member, which I'd be happy with. Both have reasons to be there. Otherwise, is it possible that Mystique or Bishop are on the new Astonishing roster? Both have a dark past and are notable X-Men, and there'd good reason to keep their identity concealed given the current Astonishing run hasn't wrapped yet. I think Rachel Grey, Monet, Marrow and Wolfsbane all could be the last member too

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Obviously I do not mean that and you know it.

Claremont each time made her more and more perfect, and each time she gave random more and more skills, which did not have any sense, because even if they were coherent skills with each other, and skills that had not shown in decades? and specifically in New Exiles, Sage ended up practically being the crystal palace, and absorbed all knowledge of it.

That must be ignored, Sage thanks to this story is even harder to define, and that's why they left her living in a Crystal wall.

She must return, yes, but they must change many things, so they do not return her to limbo again.

You know I'm not saying that Monet is weaker than Sage, physically she is not, but Claremont was turning Sage into a Mary Sue, who he only understood ... Monet's powers are mostly limited except 3 , Sage's powers did not seem to have limits and we did not even know exactly what skills he had, one day he was a mutant computer, another day he had moderate telepathy, another day he could improve the potential of the powers, and that they will reach their final state, and another day could cure blindness.

Check every time Sage had more and more new skills, hell if he could even cure Remy of his blindness, and then in Xtreme he returned his powers, Sage's powers happen to be too indeterminate.

::::::::::::::::::

And with the Crystal Palace, I think Claremont exaggerated, the character can obviously be saved, but what I say has to be well defined, and give limits to their abilities and explain what they are, starting she should not have been able to process all the information about the crystal palace, and she did it.

Actually, the Crystal Palace wall thing has already been ignored by Greg Pak, as he has brought Sage back in X-Treme X-Men vol 2 (2013), without any reference to that.

I do agree though, that Claremont gave her too many random powers....

Well, to be fair, in X-Men the End, Sage did defeat Monet and X-23 simultaneously in hand to hand combat, LOL.

Remember she's able to analyze her oponent's moves, choose the best counter attack in and respond in miliseconds...

BANNED

Sage, Dani or Emma. Anyone else and I’ll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Well, to be fair, in X-Men the End, Sage did defeat Monet and X-23 simultaneously in hand to hand combat, LOL.

Remember she's able to analyze her oponent's moves, choose the best counter attack in and respond in miliseconds...
    Truly??? I'm glad that, since that was the hardest thing, to free Sage from the Crystal Palace.

That's right, in which issue exactly does this happen?, Since that Xtreme vol2 I dont follow it because I did not like it very much the cast.

Well, being that way, Sage is easier to bring back.

And well as say, they just need to define Sage more in terms of limits, and make it less a Mary Sue like Claremont does.

I really hope that she is the undisclosed member, even though I just read, that the writer said that it would not be Sage X_X.

BANNED

Sooo what if it's not Sage...what/who else can we talk about?

Rogue or Monet, even Emma would be fine.

BANNED

I'm hoping for Rogue. Emma would be nice, but Rogue seems to be leaving the Avengers and would fit into this pseudo Aussie throwback team.

I loved her run on Avengers. It's great when xmen "graduate"

No Rogue. No, No,No, a thousand times, NO. Rogue got stuck with Alex as a leader after X-Treme ended. Rogue got stuck with Alex again as a leader at the beginning of U/A (Remember the infamous "M-word" speech, and not willing to back up Rogue after she accidentally killing the Grim Reaper, who had a death wish and was on a rampage?) For Rogue being under Alex, Third time is NOT the charm...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    No Rogue. No, No,No, a thousand times, NO. Rogue got stuck with Alex as a leader after X-Treme ended. Rogue got stuck with Alex again as a leader at the beginning of U/A (Remember the infamous "M-word" speech, and not willing to back up Rogue after she accidentally killing the Grim Reaper, who had a death wish and was on a rampage?) For Rogue being under Alex, Third time is NOT the charm...
    oooo all that conflict...it's most absolutely going to be rogue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Sooo what if it's not Sage...what/who else can we talk about?
    Dani Moonstar, Sunspot, Mystique, Rachel, Monet, Marrow and Wolfsbane were candidates I considered.
    Other than the roster, we don't know much else outside of the threat being the Reavers. The next solicits may yield more information.

Ive convinced myself that its Dani, which means I'll ulimately be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    are you going to repeat this whenever someone brings up wanting Rogue?