The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Has Wally West (as the Flash) ever chaired the Justice League?

During the Silver/Bronze Age, the Justice League (of America, as they were called in those days) had a policy of rotating chairpersons. Hence, nearly all members of the Justice League, including the Flash/Barry Allen, served as team leader for some period of time.

After Wally West became the Flash, he also joined the Justice League, but during the JLI era and later during Grant Morrison's "New Big 7" era until the time of FINAL CRISIS, did Wally ever chair the Justice League? If he didn't, do you see it as a missed opportunity?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 04-14-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Is there even really a Chairman of the Justice League anymore? It seems like Batman is just the de-facto leader until the recent Priest arc put Cyborg in charge and J'onn takes over for Snyder's run.

Not since New 52, you're right. But I don't know about the post-Crisis pre-Flashpoint era.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    ... If he didn't, do you see it as a missed opportunity?
    If he didn't, I don't think it was a "missed opportunity".
    Even when he was established as The Flash, I don't think he would have been truly comfortable in that type of role. Leading a specific team mission, that would be different. But the "chairmanship" would be wrong for a guy like Wally.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If he didn't, I don't think it was a "missed opportunity".
    Even when he was established as The Flash, I don't think he would have been truly comfortable in that type of role. Leading a specific team mission, that would be different. But the "chairmanship" would be wrong for a guy like Wally.
    True. Wally's abilities as a leader are a big unknown because, through the years, he never desired such a role and one never fell into his hands. Wally seems more content to do than to lead. I do wonder how he would fare, however, if the role fell to him and he did not have the option of passing it to someone else.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014