Default Fighting With My Family - Anyone Seen This Movie Trailer?

I swear...this trailer alone makes me want to watch it. New movie featuring Dwayne Johnson.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I swear...this trailer alone makes me want to watch it. New movie featuring Dwayne Johnson.

Dont want to see it because I have no fu**** clue what this movie is about. Is rock the star or was that just a cameo and they used it for the entire trailer.

Also damn the Rock is busy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dont want to see it because I have no fu**** clue what this movie is about. Is rock the star or was that just a cameo and they used it for the entire trailer.

Also damn the Rock is busy AF.
    He's a movie star! I'm loving it. I really need to watch Jumanji ASAP.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    He's a movie star! I'm loving it. I really need to watch Jumanji ASAP.
    Well your excited, can you tell me wtf this movie is? It looks like a WWE recruitment ad. Honestly I have no idea if those kid are the stars and the movie is about them trying to become wrestlers. Or if it's like this is the end where The Rock plays a Comical version of Himself and it follows him around. It's a funny scene but I don't know what they are selling.... except The Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well your excited, can you tell me wtf this movie is? It looks like a WWE recruitment ad. Honestly I have no idea if those kid are the stars and the movie is about them trying to become wrestlers. Or if it's like this is the end where The Rock plays a Comical version of Himself and it follows him around. It's a funny scene but I don't know what they are selling.... except The Rock.
    It's a movie loosely based on a Channel 4 documentary of the same name. It's essentially a biopic about current WWE performer (albeit currently retired from in-ring wrestling) Paige, AKA Britani Knight AKA Saraya-Jade Bevis who came from a family of wrestlers, made a name for herself on the UK independent wrestling scene before joining the WWE back in 2011.

And from what I can tell, that teaser trailer seems to be basically a cameo from the Rock, who is an executive producer on the movie.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well the Rock promo itself was gold. The movie won't be since well...Paige has had a career clusterfuck the last 2+ years and now retired due to a neck injury.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the Rock promo itself was gold. The movie won't be since well...Paige has had a career clusterfuck the last 2+ years and now retired due to a neck injury.
    And that impacts on the potential quality of the movie how?

Besides, as far as I can tell, the movie's probably going to be based around her journey into the WWE, presumably culminating in her winning the Divas (women's) title on her RAW debut. And whilst she's retired from in-ring competition, the WWE obviously have faith in her, given that they're not only keeping her around but have just given her a high profile role on SD live.

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    And that impacts on the potential quality of the movie how?

Besides, as far as I can tell, the movie's probably going to be based around her journey into the WWE, presumably culminating in her winning the Divas (women's) title on her RAW debut. And whilst she's retired from in-ring competition, the WWE obviously have faith in her, given that they're not only keeping her around but have just given her a high profile role on SD live.

Its to keep her around and promote the film essentially. They have looked the other way for Wellness pops , her outside the ring behavior with Del Rio and now retirement. They are in a spot because if you look at trailer , the WWE have an investment in this film. So while they would usually fire someone for what Paige's done the last 2+ years , they are now like ...we have to keep her so she can promote this film and hope it makes money since Rocky is behind it.

Its pretty comical to see them literally try anything so Paige can be around to promote the film. Once its over , expect that pink slip.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Please. The stuff Paige got up to was minor league compared to a whole bunch of superstars still employed... And a couple frequently re-employed.

As for the promotion side of things, they could have given Paige any number of roles on WWE programming to keep her around. Giving her a big role previously held by Daniel Bryan seems like a tat overkill if their only motivation is so she can big up what is basically just a little low budget movie.

Not to mention being hugely contradictory to your assertion that what she's done has been bad enough to let her go... But apparently not so bad as to stop her being front and centre on one of the WWE's flagship TV shows.

The documentary about the family was okay no real interest in seeing actors play the role when we have the actual family. They will not, but I wish they did parts of the last few years and the train wreck of her career.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    The documentary about the family was okay no real interest in seeing actors play the role when we have the actual family. They will not, but I wish they did parts of the last few years and the train wreck of her career.
    If the movie is a hit they can always do a sequel showing her fall and rise once she made it back to WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its to keep her around and promote the film essentially. They have looked the other way for Wellness pops , her outside the ring behavior with Del Rio and now retirement. They are in a spot because if you look at trailer , the WWE have an investment in this film. So while they would usually fire someone for what Paige's done the last 2+ years , they are now like ...we have to keep her so she can promote this film and hope it makes money since Rocky is behind it.

Its pretty comical to see them literally try anything so Paige can be around to promote the film. Once its over , expect that pink slip.
    Honestly I'm not sure Paige has done anything which she deserves to be fired for. She was suspended for the Wellness violations, but I think you need 3 to get fired.

Please. The stuff Paige got up to was minor league compared to a whole bunch of superstars still employed... And a couple frequently re-employed.
    Not seeing that really. They have fired Diva's and workers for less. One got fired for having a domestic fight in traffic with his wife and is still gone after charges was dropped. That was one instance.

As for the promotion side of things, they could have given Paige any number of roles on WWE programming to keep her around. Giving her a big role previously held by Daniel Bryan seems like a tat overkill if their only motivation is so she can big up what is basically just a little low budget movie.
    The WWE has big hopes for this film since Rocky is behind it and doing it as we saw. They want it to do big. Also she played a manager role for awhile and they decided to keep her around onscreen in a big role to help push the film.

Not to mention being hugely contradictory to your assertion that what she's done has been bad enough to let her go... But apparently not so bad as to stop her being front and centre on one of the WWE's flagship TV shows.
    People who have done far less than Paige and gotten pink slips. So the only reason she's sticking thus far has to be the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure Paige has done anything which she deserves to be fired for. She was suspended for the Wellness violations, but I think you need 3 to get fired.
    She had 2 Wellness pops , the domestic situations with Del Rio that blew up in public (fights in public , Del Rio's wife being very public and all with what happened) , the company not wanting her with Del Rio and telling her to stop before this , and the sex clips leaking. In all the company would have fired her for the Del Rio instance once that exploded. Remember they fired Zahra Schreiber for instagram pics from 2012 she had thought was deleted of her Nazi pics. (My little Pony doing a Nazi salute and more)

That was one instance. In all they have money tied into Paige right now. They gotta a movie to sell ahead.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE fired Emma the first time for allegedly shoplifting from a Wal-Mart. Daniel Bryan got fired for choking someone with his tie. The threshold for losing your job in WWE isn't high. Like Super, I think this movie is the only reason why they are keeping her around.