Default Murphyverse rules.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-white-kni...hyverse-rules/

Sean Murphy wrote out a few rules for a potential murphy-verse line of comics spinning out of White Knight.

Spectacular Member

If only I'd have liked his White Knight book...

I can't say I'm asking for more. A good idea doesn't neccessarily make a good story.

I mean I'm loving White Knight and him laying out these rules are pretty much my prerequisite for touching most comics nowadays, especially that tie in and event rule. I enjoy when a title touches other parts of a comic verse but only within scope and when necessary to serve the actual title itself, not a filler issue to cash in on an event and interrupt the larger arc at play.

I'm glad it'll be self contained because I wish more elseworld stuff was on the market. Plus his art is definitely up my alley.

Provided there's a finite # of issues so that the plot lines stay well mapped out and organized I'd be really happy with a sequel series. The current one is one of the best series I've read in a very long time. Issue #7 did a hell of a job building for the finale, and the whole series has looked great. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...hite-knight-7/
    Last edited by sirmarkus; 04-21-2018 at 10:15 PM.

With the finale of the series it looks like Murphy has set up a few plot threads to follow up on if he comes back to the White Knight universe. It did seem like not many of the villains were actually killed in the final battle, so that may mean he is intending on following through on characters that die staying dead, also that helps keep his options open story line wise.

Hell, if it's as good as this series I'll buy it without a second thought.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...hite-knight-8/

BANNED

Not many? All the villains not only survived but actually got away.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Not many? All the villains not only survived but actually got away.
    Killer Croc got killed. Murphy confirmed it.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

BANNED

Trade-waiting for this one. Is it worth it

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Trade-waiting for this one. Is it worth it
    Totally. The series is amazing.

I didn't really like it. I like Murphy as an artist, but visually it was quite bland. I don't like Murphy's writing much. He does have some interesting ideas, but the execution is boring to me. I felt this white knight stuff was rather forgettable.

Fantastic Member

True making the batman into a facistic bastard early in his career instead of late is rather what a modern society would think of him but if that is so I do not care since that type of society is insane that would think the joker is the hero

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    True making the batman into a facistic bastard early in his career instead of late is rather what a modern society would think of him but if that is so I do not care since that type of society is insane that would think the joker is the hero
    Yeah, seeing modern day social activists actually rooting for the Joker made no sense at all. You'd think they'd condemn him for how he abused Harley and how he uses mental illness as a crutch for evading responsibility for his crimes. The use of photos from real life protests also seemed tasteless.

Not to mention trying to use an Elseworld to critique some of the usual Batman tropes is inherently flawed. The universe is already going to be different from the mainstream one, so that criticism isn't necessarily going to apply.

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Really loved every issue of this. Looking forward to picking up the trade, as well as the sequel. It's looking like it will have Jason Todd and Jean Paul Valley in it. Murphy seems to be real old school, so I think he'll do the characters proper justice.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael