Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1120

Aquaman has now moved past Batman v Superman in domestic box office at $331 million.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Question: which Aquaverse character would be best equipped to be the protagonist in the TRENCH movie? I know no stars from AQUAMAN would be in it to keep costs down, but what about other members of the Aquaverse?

Could a pre-Arthur Garth, Tula, Kalderahn, Lorena, Dolphin, or Lagoon Boy anchor a TRENCH movie as the proverbial "good guy"?

Because if THE TRENCH features a bunch of rando civilians that have no bearing on AQUAMAN 2, then that will be a huge opportunity missed.

If they're going to do the Trench as a straight-up horror movie, then I would not want it to have any superheroes in it.

I think featuring rando civilians facing the Trench could be a cool way to show how the non-supers of DC-Earth deal with all of the super-stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    If they're going to do the Trench as a straight-up horror movie, then I would not want it to have any superheroes in it.

I think featuring rando civilians facing the Trench could be a cool way to show how the non-supers of DC-Earth deal with all of the super-stuff.

See, I don't think, if/when THE TRENCH is greenlit, that will be a straightforward horror movie. My gut feeling is that while it will have lots of genuine horror aspects to it, it will also incorporate at some of the superhero elements into itself as well.

I don't see THE TRENCH being as disconnected from AQUAMAN the way that JOKER will be fully disconnected from THE BATMAN.

I actually think that one of THE TRENCH's purposes may be to do some of the heavy lifting for AQUAMAN 2. Basically setting up the backstories for new characters who will also appear in AM2, where we don't have to waste as much precious time explaining who they are (see also: AVENGERS 1).

I think Garth is a strong possibility here. As is Kalderahn / Jackson Hyde. Maybe both in non-superhero guises. Or Tula and/or Lorraine.

Even Dolphin, Koryak, or Lagoon Boy are possibilities.

If they want to lean in harder to horror and keep it strictly civilians, then draw from whatever Aquaverse civilians there are.

Unfortunately, I can only come up with Tom Curry and Stephen Shin.

Are there any other non-costumed humans in the Aquaverse?

AQUAMAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.

Aquaman's last day in domestic release was Thursday, April 4 -- just in time for Shazam to open on Friday, April 5.

That means we now have Aquaman's final domestic box office. It stands at $335,061,807.

International is a bit more tricky as Mojo is only reporting grosses up to March 20, but in some terriroties it was still in theaters until the end of the month. However, the March 20 international figure is $812,100,000.

This makes for a grand total WORLDWIDE of $1,147,161,807 -- maybe a few million more once final international is known.

Congratulations to James Wan, Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, and the entire Aqua-crew for producing the biggest movie of the 2018 Christmas Season. Hopefully, this is just the start of more Aqua-movies to come!

AQUAMAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.

Congratulations to James Wan, Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, and the entire Aqua-crew for producing the biggest movie of the 2018 Christmas Season. Hopefully, this is just the start of more Aqua-movies to come!
    We know the sequel to Aquaman is set for release on December 16, 2022.

This is the first DCU movie physical I've bought post the Nolan stuff and I was bummed with the lack of general Aquaman bonus features on the Blu-Ray. Not the movie production stuff, that was plenty there. And so yea maybe Marvel has done it for longer on their physical copies but most of the older MCU titles had some really cool featurettes on this history of the character which I would watch as much or more than the movie. Even up to Black Panther they included a panel of previous Black Panther artists and writers including Chris Priest. Aquaman didn't have any of that. Wan spoke of the character in general and they flashed a couple slides of Nick Cardy art but that was it. O.K. Aquaman is not Superman but a retrospective would have been cool especially since this is a project most of us even doubted would get off the ground let along be the commercial monster it became. Damn shame.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

So... Aquaman actually looks to have ended up having made more money world wide than Captain Marvel.

And without the "Iron Man 3" effect of following right after a super-sucessful Avengers movie. In fact being a bridging movie between Infinity Wars and Endgame.

Huh.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So... Aquaman actually looks to have ended up having made more money world wide than Captain Marvel.

And without the "Iron Man 3" effect of following right after a super-sucessful Avengers movie. In fact being a bridging movie between Infinity Wars and Endgame.

Huh.
    Aquaman theatrical run still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Aquaman theatrical run still going?
    If it is, it's not in any significant market.

I have no doubt that Captain Marvel will surpass Aquaman's global box office soon. Mojo is reporting Aquaman had global of $1,147,661,807, while Captain Marvel is only $27.6 million behind at $1,120,068,018, and CM is not done with its theatrical run.

However, because of Aquaman's massive showing in China, Aquaman's FOREIGN grosses should remain higher. Aquaman had foreign of $812,600,000, while CM has $699,300,000. I don't think there's enough foreign take left for CM to make up over $112 million to beat AM in both Domestic and foreign.

But again, CM only needs less than $30 million to surpass Aquaman's worldwide take, and I'm sure it will. Of course, Aquaman got to its $1.1 billion box office without any piggybacking support from a strong franchise the way Captain Marvel did.

So, both movies have achieved something notable.

Umm what does aquaman and captain marvel have to do with each other again? What a odd thing to compare. Shazam and captain marvel are both captain marvels so you can compare them but other then they are both comic book films why are we comparing them? Endgame is a comic film also and it stepped on aquaman and captain marvel like a bug but why would you compare them with endgame? Now sub-mariner vs aquaman you can compare.

If it is, it's not in any significant market.

I have no doubt that Captain Marvel will surpass Aquaman's global box office soon. Mojo is reporting Aquaman had global of $1,147,661,807, while Captain Marvel is only $27.6 million behind at $1,120,068,018, and CM is not done with its theatrical run.

However, because of Aquaman's massive showing in China, Aquaman's FOREIGN grosses should remain higher. Aquaman had foreign of $812,600,000, while CM has $699,300,000. I don't think there's enough foreign take left for CM to make up over $112 million to beat AM in both Domestic and foreign.

But again, CM only needs less than $30 million to surpass Aquaman's worldwide take, and I'm sure it will. Of course, Aquaman got to its $1.1 billion box office without any piggybacking support from a strong franchise the way Captain Marvel did.

So, both movies have achieved something notable.
    I'd say Aquaman instead of having a Piggy back actually had baggage weighing it down. I thought neither movie had a strong plot but were fun. Aquaman was just funner for me personaly. I will say Carol had a better arc because Aquman is what makes his movie work with his charm but he was kinda just thrusted into event after event with no clear wants or arc.

Retired

Haven't seen CAPTAIN MARVEL (2019), but from everything I've seen about it there's nothing new visually. The main reason to see it is because it ties into ENDGAME. Whereas, the big hook for AQUAMAN was the distinct visuals that you had to go to a theatre (preferably IMAX) to fully appreciate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Whereas, the big hook for AQUAMAN was the distinct visuals that you had to go to a theatre (preferably IMAX) to fully appreciate.
    Bada-boom CHING!

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'd say Aquaman instead of having a Piggy back actually had baggage weighing it down. I thought neither movie had a strong plot but were fun. Aquaman was just funner for me personaly. I will say Carol had a better arc because Aquman is what makes his movie work with his charm but he was kinda just thrusted into event after event with no clear wants or arc.
    Aquaman is basically marketed as the "Thor" of the DC movie universe. The similarities in how the characters are presented are pretty striking.

Personally, I had no idea Aquaman made that kind of cash until I looked it up. Captain Marvel's crossing of the billion dollar mark seems to have gotten a lot more attention. Which ironically is due in large part to the people trolling the movie leading up to and just after its launch.

The other similarity between the two is that I didn't think either was good enough to get that kind of box-office. They are both, in my mind, above average movies. But for me WW was a lot better crafted than Aquaman, as Ragnarok was a lot better put together than Captain Marvel.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

WB should give Wan whatever he wants, to do AQUAMAN 2.