Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

I'm excited for this movie!

Retired

I had heard that Black Manta was being set up for the sequel. But it makes me wonder, if DC was actually successful with all their movies, how would they be able to make sequels for all of them in a timely fashion? Even Marvel--with three different studios--has not actually put out all the movies they could put out from their universe--and DC has a wider universe of characters and only one studio for them all.

And the one movie we all thought would bomb on that week got released a new trailer getting lots of praise online. It's now in the running! Man that week is going to be nasty with all those big films. Aquaman just got another big threat to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And the one movie we all thought would bomb on that week got released a new trailer getting lots of praise online. It's now in the running! Man that week is going to be nasty with all those big films. Aquaman just got another big threat to worry about.

I'm a fan of the source material so I'm hoping it's good but her anime eyes freak me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Aquaman just got another big threat to worry about.
    I really don't think so it may do pretty good but I can't see it doing DC/MCU numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I'm a fan of the source material so I'm hoping it's good but her anime eyes freak me out.
    Why they went for that is beyond my comprehension.

Love Gunnm, love manga and all but...no...i can't understand.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I really don't think so it may do pretty good but I can't see it doing DC/MCU numbers.
    I can see it doing DC numbers. I can't see it doing Mary Poppins numbers on that specific weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can see it doing DC numbers. I can't see it doing Mary Poppins numbers on that specific weekend.
    Lowest DC movie did over 600 mill it's possible it can mach or do more but I don't see it. Allso did I miss something with Poppins movie? I know it's going to do great but people are talking about it like it's going to beat starwars or something....

BANNED

Lowest DC movie did over 600 mill it's possible it can mach or do more but I don't see it. Allso did I miss something with Poppins movie? I know it's going to do great but people are talking about it like it's going to beat starwars or something....
    It's the only major movie that 5 year old Mikey, 12 year old Janey, 35 year mom and dad, and 65 year old grandma and grandpa can all go to see and are all pretty much guaranteed to enjoy. And all those people are pretty much guaranteed to be together in every household in America on that weekend.

I don't expect it to beat Star Wars opening weekend numbers, but I wouldn't fall on the floor in shock if it did, either.

It's the only major movie that 5 year old Mikey, 12 year old Janey, 35 year mom and dad, and 65 year old grandma and grandpa can all go to see and are all pretty much guaranteed to enjoy. And all those people are pretty much guaranteed to be together in every household in America on that weekend.

I don't expect it to beat Star Wars opening weekend numbers, but I wouldn't fall on the floor in shock if it did, either.
    I just think it's being overhypt I mean how's it different than say Christopher Robin?

BANNED

I just think it's being overhypt I mean how's it different than say Christopher Robin?
    It's being released at Christmas. That's everything in this business.

It's being released at Christmas. That's everything in this business.
    True but I still don't think that means it's going to do superhero numbers I mean maybe if the plot is something special but as of right now I don't see a lot of difference from the old movie just not as good.
    Last edited by choptop; 07-24-2018 at 03:14 PM.

BANNED

True but I still don't think that means it's going to do superhero numbers I mean maybe if the plot is something special but as of right now I don't see a lot of difference from the old movie just not as good.
    Mary Poppins projections do rely as much as any other potential blockbuster on people wanting to see it multiple times. But I think the fact that Disney purposely moved it to two days before its competition demonstrates enormous confidence in the film against the likes of Aquaman and Alita. Those sorts of calls can be wrong, but are rarely made on gut instinct. Something is tracking very well for this movie.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

My prediction is that it's going to be a close tie for both second and 1st place. I don't think any of those films will outright bomb though. Bumblebee actually has a smaller budget which is why i think Paramount was ok releasing it during a crowded release date. I personally think FOX sent Alita to die if i'm honest, but i also wouldn't be surprised if they push it back with the other stuff they pushed back..

All-New Member

cant wait for this movie to finally come out!!

Magento PWA How to configure image sizes in Magento How to get product attribute in Magento How to install Magento 2 using composer App Marketing Made Easy
    Last edited by simicartan; 07-27-2018 at 01:48 AM.