Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I think the most important thing is that Aquaman is a really good and entertaining movie. That will give it legs hopefully. Unless audiences lost faith in DC movies.

We really need another trailer soon. I guess it's not ready yet due to all the cgi work.
    I think it is more important that the Aquaman movie have legs rather than be the #1 movie the first weekend of release. Wonder Woman had the lowest weekend opening of the DCEU movies
    prior to Justice League. Yet Wonder Woman went on to make the most money domestic of all the DCEU movies. If Aquaman gets good reviews and good word of mouth it should do fine even
    with Mary Poppins, Bumblebee and what have you also in theaters. It doesn't have to be a $billion movie to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think it is more important that the Aquaman movie have legs rather than be the #1 movie the first weekend of release. Wonder Woman had the lowest weekend opening of the DCEU movies
    prior to Justice League. Yet Wonder Woman went on to make the most money domestic of all the DCEU movies. If Aquaman gets good reviews and good word of mouth it should do fine even
    with Mary Poppins, Bumblebee and what have you also in theaters. It doesn't have to be a $billion movie to be successful.
    Honestly I think good reviews are the most important thing. The movie can be mild success at the box office but if DC gets a win outside of Wonder Woman I think it will restore some confidence. And I've been a Mamoa fan since day one and think this movies gonna be a blast. But yea it doesnt need to be a homerun at the boxoffice I dont think. Positive viewer qnd critical reactions will do more for the DCEU at this point. But it does need to make money. What's the budget btw anyone know?

I believe the production budget is in the neighborhood of 150-160 million.

And I think this movie's gonna rock.

Astonishing Member

Aquaman has dominated the trailer views by a wide margin in his movie competition. He currently has 39M, Bumblebee 22M, Mortal Engines 11M, Battle Angel 9.7M, and Mary Poppins with 6.8M. Even though Mary Poppins' trailer was released 4 days ago it's not climbing at a fast rate. It has almost doubled Shazam!. Thinking he should be the winter champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Aquaman has dominated the trailer views by a wide margin in his movie competition. He currently has 39M, Bumblebee 22M, Mortal Engines 11M, Battle Angel 9.7M, and Mary Poppins with 6.8M. Even though Mary Poppins' trailer was released 4 days ago it's not climbing at a fast rate. It has almost doubled Shazam!. Thinking he should be the winter champ.
    That would make me happy but seems unlikely. I think Aquaman has the benefit of us fan boys watching the trailer 20x. I'd didnt even knw marry Poppins had a trailer yet.

I knw I watched it atleast 10x

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That would make me happy but seems unlikely. I think Aquaman has the benefit of us fan boys watching the trailer 20x. I'd didnt even knw marry Poppins had a trailer yet.

true dat. Older folks(the Mary Poppins base) probably aren't going to watch the trailer as us comic nerds do with the cape movies. Still think he's got a good shot at being the Champ. Another poster mentioned he passed Justice League and WW trailer views.

true dat. Older folks(the Mary Poppins base) probably aren't going to watch the trailer as us comic nerds do with the cape movies. Still think he's got a good shot at being the Champ. Another poster mentioned he passed Justice League and WW trailer views.
    It does have good word of the mouth. No ones complaining about anything in the trailer really except a few people make BP connections. And really I think thats dumb the only connection I make that I think is fiat is thenAtlantis reveal the way the dive into the water mirrors the BP scene where the dive through the trees. But the King angle is a dumb arguement because the character are both Kings there is gonna be similarities. Also out of all the DCEU movies this one from the trailers has the most MCU fun vibe to it. So maybe the movie comes out on top. BP beat what I thought it would make by alot. But any environmental social issue here wont hit as hard as BP and eco warrior wont turn out like African american did. But if it good it can still do a WW type climb. Wont be surprised if it opens to more then WW though. Maybe 115-120. Would be awesome

Mary Poppins has the older crowd and families now they'll split families/kids with Bumblebee which Bumblebee also has my generation attention given the G1 designs. Honestly Aquaman out of the 3 feels like it has the smallest base right now and the trailer looks great it's why WB not moving it seems so stupid to me.

That's the reason for the number of views Captan Marvel has, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mary Poppins has the older crowd and families now they'll split families/kids with Bumblebee which Bumblebee also has my generation attention given the G1 designs. Honestly Aquaman out of the 3 feels like it has the smallest base right now and the trailer looks great it's why WB not moving it seems so stupid to me.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm not interested in any of Disney's live action kiddie fare. They're going overboard, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    That's the reason for the number of views Captan Marvel has, certainly.
    Oh my lord, I do respect that u dont even pretend to not be Bias. Its refreshing. I mean that I'm not being sarcastic
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-21-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Oh my lord, I do respect that u dont even pretend to no be Bias. Its refreshing. I mean that's I'm not being sarcastic
    We all watch these trailers many times, no? And yes, I do mean what I said in my previous post.

We all watch these trailers many times, no? And yes, I do mean what I said in my previous post.
    I dont disagree with what you said. Any CBM get us fanboys watching these trailers over and over, that's why I said that. Almost every post u make somehow leads back to a negative on the MCU. Which is fine but Aquaman looks like an MCU movie it has the fun adventure tone and vibrant colors. The hero is sarcastic and a little dickish . MCU doesnt own any of these traits they have been in movies long before marvel made a single movie. But without seeing this movie its looks like a MCU type movie and u think it looks amazing but every MCU movie is horrible.

Whatever all that said I don't want It to get lost I've been a fan of Mamoa as aquaman from the casting and think this movie looks like a blast. I'll be there Thursday night for the preview showing in December. So we can agree on that atleast.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm not interested in any of Disney's live action kiddie fare. They're going overboard, if you ask me.
    You may not but the last Mary Poppins trailer did amazing well especially the Dick Van Dyke cameo even people like me who wasn't interested got a kick out of seeing him. Also isn't ironic to call that Kiddie Fare when you're planning to see a superhero comic book movie? I mean there are people who would use that insult for all Superhero films.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 09-21-2018 at 03:21 PM.

I dont disagree with what you said. Any CBM get us fanboys watching these trailers over and over, that's why I said that. Almost every post u make somehow leads back to a negative on the MCU. Which is fine but Aquaman looks like an MCU movie it has the fun adventure tone and vibrant colors. The hero is sarcastic and a little dickish . MCU doesnt own any of these traits they have been in movies long before marvel made a single movie. But without seeing this movie its looks like a MCU type movie and u think it looks amazing but every MCU movie is horrible.

Whatever all that said I don't want It to get lost I've been a fan of Mamoa as aquaman from the casting and think this movie looks like a blast. I'll be there Thursday night for the preview showing in December. So we can agree on that atleast.
    Interesting you say that, since I just took a long sabbatical from this place. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'd like Marvel to stop watering stuff down and I'd like DC to get their act together with their movies. It's hard to believe a beautiful film like Wonder Woman was immediately followed by the travesty that is Justice League. But we can only move past that.